Norv Turner anyone?

D521646

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It's one thing to not like Hackett but why exactly would you love Chud as offensive coordinator?

I'd love to have Chud as OC because in 2007 he was given that position with the Browns and produced a top ten NFL offense, after being ranked 30th in 2006. It's not that often a first year OC can produce a quality offense especially having Derek Anderson and Brady Quinn as your QB options and having been ranked #30 the year before. He's had his ups and downs coaching college and NFL but I think he's a good coach and has demonstrated to me he can be solid but creative as an OC, while working with the talent and tools given instead of trying to impose an abstract.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was surprised Chud was fired after just one year, with a stable of horrible injury prone QB's. The team actually looked pretty good with Hoyer at QB, and Hoyer is far from top NFL talent by any stretch.

One of the ironies of Chud's firing is that there is a belief in Cleveland that he didn't play Hoyer until he was forced to by injuries to the other QBs.

It's actually one of the reasons leaking out for his firing.

People here talk about the possibility that Buffalo would have beaten Cleveland had EJ not got injured but Hoyer was looking damn good against the Bills D before he got injured so I'm not thinking we would have won that game in any circumstances.

I'd love to have Chud as OC because in 2007 he was given that position with the Browns and produced a top ten NFL offense, after being ranked 30th in 2006. It's not that often a first year OC can produce a quality offense especially having Derek Anderson and Brady Quinn as your QB options and having been ranked #30 the year before. He's had his ups and downs coaching college and NFL but I think he's a good coach and has demonstrated to me he can be solid but creative as an OC, while working with the talent and tools given instead of trying to impose an abstract.

I don't know much about Chud but I know that Carolina's offense improved after he left and that he seems to mix one good year with one bad year as an OC.

It'll be interesting to see where he ends up.

On a tangent, it's sad to see Chud fired. He apparently was an Ohio kid and would set up the TV outside on cold December days when watching the Browns on TV. He would also eat dog biscuits because he thought of himself as a member of the Dawg Pound.

Chud was a dyed-in-wool Browns fan from childhood.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

:thumbsup: Pretty amazing the results some coaches can obtain from absolute scrubs.

It ain't gonna happen tho, as Marrone will stick with his ST coach and OC another year. some deja vu only with DC George Edwards.

On a tangent, it's sad to see Chud fired. He apparently was an Ohio kid and would set up the TV outside on cold December days when watching the Browns on TV. He would also eat dog biscuits because he thought of himself as a member of the Dawg Pound.

It is incredibly sad. Sad also that Brady Quinn didn't work out there too.

This is one of the reasons that I would hate any of our former greats to be coaches here; I couldn't bear it if it didn't work out.

I don't know much about Chud but I know that Carolina's offense improved after he left and that he seems to mix one good year with one bad year as an OC.

It'll be interesting to see where he ends up.

I agree that it's sad the guy was fired. I know back in 07, Derek Anderson played with a lot of conviction and then in 2008 he just seemed to have no confidence. I think Chud's a pretty good coach and he deserved better. In my view it's hard to blame the OC if your quarterback sucks. Kind of why I'm not as pissed off at Hackett as so many are. Clearly his hands were tied with Manuel but less so with Thad. I thought overall the playcalling was respectable with Thad in there so I'm willing to give Hackett the benefit of the doubt for now.