CJ "outta bounds" spiller

coastalpika

Legursky

Yup.

Disagree. Watch Jim Brown run over guys half his size. Look to how long his playing career well into his 30s. Oh wait!

Only in Buffalo do we criticize a guy who averages 5 ypc for his CAREER! Sometimes I wish guys like Spiller & Stevie left the Bills & would finally get appreciate like the really good players they are.

Maybe it's just too much to demand greatness from a guy who has the potential for it. I guess that's what we're resigned to in Buffalo, but hey, he can rest his laurels on that YPC when he has a contract dispute in a couple of years.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a knock on Eric Dickerson. He did not see getting pounded for one or two extra yards worth it. It is an individual thing. CJ knows what is best for him. He had a good season so I give him the benefit of doubt.

This thread is nonsense. I didnt see a single time where cj bouncing out of bounds hurt us in this game. I did see how freddy was stuffed on crucial short yardage....as always.

Same people who complain about cj bouncing out of bounds complain about EJ being dumb and NOT runnimg out of bounds.

cj is a small back. Hes not jim brown

Edited by bobobonators

Yup.

Maybe it's just too much to demand greatness from a guy who has the potential for it. I guess that's what we're resigned to in Buffalo, but hey, he can rest his laurels on that YPC when he has a contract dispute in a couple of years.

I've seen Spiller fight for yards plenty of times. Why fight for a yard on the sidelines? Manuel fought for a yard and missed a month.

Spiller is a very good rb.

Disagree. Watch Jim Brown run over guys half his size. Look to how long his playing career well into his 30s. Oh wait!

Only in Buffalo do we criticize a guy who averages 5 ypc for his CAREER! Sometimes I wish guys like Spiller & Stevie left the Bills & would finally get appreciate like the really good players they are.

actually Jim Brown retired at age 29

This thread is nonsense. I didnt see a single time where cj bouncing out of bounds hurt us in this game. I did see how freddy was stuffed on crucial short yardage....as always.

Same people who complain about cj bouncing out of bounds complain about EJ being dumb and NOT runnimg out of bounds

True story. Some fans talk out of both sides of their mouth.

The Bills set a franchise record (remember Oj & Thurman?) for rushing this season. Let's criticize the running backs. What is wrong with us?

actually Jim Brown retired at age 29

Thanks. That was point. ;)

Same people who complain about cj bouncing out of bounds complain about EJ being dumb and NOT runnimg out of bounds

So your contention is that we gained enough yards to win this game?

You've got to have a disciplined team to make those short yardage situations with a short run. Also, this team hasn't shown enough variety on third and short to keep other teams off balance. This isn't a mauler line that can just get all the push it needs for its RB. I don't blame that on FJax.

Individual stats mean jack crap when your team constantly sucks. I really cannot believe that people are defending him when it was clear as glass throughout the whole game... Fortunately I was surrounded by other fans without blue tinted blinders on that were just as pissed as I was whenever it happened today.

I've seen Spiller fight for yards plenty of times. Why fight for a yard on the sidelines? Manuel fought for a yard and missed a month.

Spiller is a very good rb.

It's not about fighting for a yard, it's about not running out as early as possible. Sorry, man, we often agree, but I just saw it many times today, and even my wife (a more casual fan) did, as well. He stood to gain a couple more than he got, many times without absorbing a hit. What about his moves? He made some great ones. Why not try for more? Doesn't a great back go for a bit more and see if he can best his opposition and take it to the house?

You're right, he's a very good RB. He could be great, and I'm lamenting that.

Individual stats mean jack crap when your team constantly sucks. I really cannot believe that people are defending him when it was clear as glass throughout the whole game... Fortunately I was surrounded by other fans without blue tinted blinders on that were just as pissed as I was whenever it happened today.

You were surrounded by crazy people then. Seriously, how someone criticizes Spiller today is flat out insane.

i liked the way spiller ran today for the most part. there was only once that i recall him bouncing to the outside when he should have just cut it upfield and gotten the half yard or so. as for going out of bounds, i am good with that, he;s not a bruiser, his game is speed and agility, do you really want him dropping the shoulder 15-20 times a game?

Agreed, i thought this was CJ's best game of the season . . .

Are u serious? Great plan. Have your rb take a ton of hits to prove his toughness.

I'd love to see some of you do the Oklahoma drill against Spiller. He'd be plenty tough.

Spiller is one of the best rbs in the NFL. He just also plays with a damn good rb in his own right.

Spiller isn't in the top twenty and is number two on his own team. After 3 years he still can't beat out a 32 year old dude.

True story. Some fans talk out of both sides of their mouth.

The Bills set a franchise record (remember Oj & Thurman?) for rushing this season. Let's criticize the running backs. What is wrong with us?

Thanks. That was point. ;)

He retired to do other things, such as bad acting. Nothing to do with health.

It's not about fighting for a yard, it's about not running out as early as possible. Sorry, man, we often agree, but I just saw it many times today, and even my wife (a more casual fan) did, as well. He stood to gain a couple more than he got, many times without absorbing a hit. What about his moves? He made some great ones. Why not try for more? Doesn't a great back go for a bit more and see if he can best his opposition and take it to the house?

You're right, he's a very good RB. He could be great, and I'm lamenting that.

Fair enough & I'll agree to disagree. Watch tape of Spiller this year. He played hard & played with one of the worst injuries a rb can have.

Spiller isn't in the top twenty and is number two on his own team. After 3 years he still can't beat out a 32 year old dude.

Hater alert. But I do like your political style of arguing. Not Fred & CJ are both good rbs. Nope, one has to be better than the other!

My guy is good & your guy sucks!

You were surrounded by crazy people then. Seriously, how someone criticizes Spiller today is flat out insane.

I was surrounded by a bunch of crazy people that just watched their Cincinnati bengals go to the playoffs again this season. These people suffered for decades watching the bungles.. They know their football and they were more pissed off then I was when they saw it. L