OLB in round 1??

NewEra

50 members have voted

1. 1. Do you see OLB as a need in this upcoming draft?

I see a lot of people suggesting OLB is a need for this team. Why? I just don't understand the logic. We have Hughes and Lawson currently at OLB. Is there something wrong with either of them? If its to replace Hughes after next season when his contract expires, it has some merit.....but he's a guy we need to re-sign, not let go and replace. Lawson is locked up or 3 more years. The only LB I see us drafting is an ILB to pair with Kiko when we're in a 3-4. Although it seems like we mostly play with 3 safeties or 3 CBs rather than 4 LBs. When talking a a NEED, I just don't see OLB as very high on our list. Sure, Khalil Mack would be a monster on our D (and likely will be gone when we pick) and is a more well rounded LB than Hughes, but I'd much rather address the offense in this draft. We need a Lg and RT. We could use another WR and we need a TE. Drafting a RB late makes sense too.

I completely agree...The Bills would be far better suited to grab an inside thumper and move Kiko to the weak side...

But be prepared for the Mack love...Not that it's the same situation because Mack is clearly a very good NFL prospect...But I fully expect the Mack love to squash the level of Nassib love we saw from some last off season... B-)

Two words:

Karlos Dansby.

This guy is a beast who continues to get better, like a fine wine. Hes exactly what we need on the inside. Give him a multi year deal and retire w bills.

Had our chance. Atleast one side wasn't interested enough last offseason. I wouldn't bank on it this offseason.

Had our chance. Atleast one side wasn't interested enough last offseason. I wouldn't bank on it this offseason.

Ya i know. Makes so much sense man. Seems like it would be a great fit on this defense w pettine. But then again, we'd probably have to blow him out of the water to go from 10-6 arizona w beautiful weather to 6-10 buffalo and crap weather.

When a team needs to improve in almost all areas ,it is a matter of priorities, first and foremost. We need more depth plain and simple. This will help our special teams, our run defense, our quarterback ..pretty much everything. Having said that, who we take in the draft should be based on who is available at the time we draft. FA can be used to help with depth in both lines, perhaps linebacker. This team on offense has a huge need for playmakers outside. A big receiver and TE to help in the redzone where we struggled mightily is a must. You don't very often get those guys in FA.