Looking for advice on TV shows

mrags

I have recently been intrigued by 2 shows that I have either read about or seen clips for and I'm curious to know if anyone here has watched them and how they were. Also curious to know from anyone if either of then are available in Netflix. I currently don't have netflix but I will order if they are available.

The 2 shows are:

The Newsroom

And

Supernatural

Excited to see what your opinions are on these.

Edited by mrags

Supernatural in it's 9th season you've got a lot of catching up to do.

Its a fave in my home. Sci Fi Drama, comedy which you prob know

TNT runs the show every day for up to 3 episodes and sometimes a marathon. good luck finding the first episode and on.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

The Newsroom is one of the few HBO series that I would absolutely not recommend to anybody. Not sure of your politics (I lean left), but it is the most pretentious, laughable bit of drivel on tv. The dialogue is over the top ridiculous, and there isn't a a single character on the show I wouldn't want to punch in the face if I knew them in real life. It is painfully bad...I can't overstate it enough...and I am its' target audience.

Don't be tempted... HBO is looking the other way on raitings, because they are kissing Aaron Sorkins ass.

Started watching the Supernatural. Like it so far but it hasn't exactly hooked me like Sons or Breaking Bad.

Also, seems very SciFi channel cheesy at times. Not sure what channel it was on but it's got that cheap feel to it much of the time. I'm in for now but well see how long.