Looking At The Renogiations, etc....

Not true. Donahoe has spent lots of money on good players. Moulds, Takeo, Fletcher, etc. Saying that he is cheap is just silly. It's beyong being wrong, it's just silly.

212606[/snapback]

I need to learn to be this succinct.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

do you take everything TD says at face value? yea, and i'm the fool.......haha

it was TD's excuse because he didn't want to commit the long-term bucks to kendall.......he made a mistake as kendall obviously would have been a good sign.......

212014[/snapback]

You keep harping on this Kendall guy, yet that is ONE example. There are many more examples of where TD made good moves. It's time you buck up and give more examples of TD being a tightwad.

i understand scheme, and i also understand that kendall would have helped this team ALOT.......he is better then tucker, he is better then smith, and he would have solidified the middle of our line.......like i said, he's played great in 3 different schemes -- what makes you think he wouldn't have played great in ours?? oh that's right, we're not supposed to disagree with coaches decisions, even though they are human and make mistakes as well.........

212595[/snapback]

Yeah basically when a whole staff makes a decision on a player , and their combined experience in the field surpasses 140 years, I would tend to think that they made the right decision over the opinion of one guy who doesn't see the difference between the Jets OL and ours. I am not sold at all on Tucker or Smith at RG, so kill the staff there if you want, but ultimately , bringing in a player that won't be a fit long-term and paying him a high salary as a 1 year bandaid isn't a good idea either....

Yeah basically when a whole staff makes a decision on a player , and their combined experience in the field surpasses 140 years, I would tend to think that they made the right decision over the opinion of one guy who doesn't see the difference between the Jets OL and ours. I am not sold at all on Tucker or Smith at RG, so kill the staff there if you want, but ultimately , bringing in a player that won't be a fit long-term and paying him a high salary as a 1 year bandaid isn't a good idea either....

212612[/snapback]

you still haven't explained why he wouldn't work in our scheme but has performed at a pro bowl level in three DIFFERENT schemes.......

Teams can't keep all their players year to year. You may disagree with some of the decisions TD has made, but I think the only way you can conclude he's been "cheap" is to start out with that conclusion.

I, for one, want a "cheap" gm. Yes, while in Pittsburgh, TD let a lot of talent walk. And, If you remember correctly, they were consistantly good. I know, only one bowl appearance, but in the stinkin playoffs year after year. I think you see this now with the Eagles and Pats. Do you think Reid and Belicheck were "cheap" when they let Douglas, Trotter, Woody, Milloy, ( and next year Law) go. NO, they evaluate talent and pay accordingly. I will agree with you though, that TD waits to long to offer to re-do a guy. Jennings and Phat Pat should have been done fall of 03, just like MW and WM and TM should be done now. Again, the offer must be a big boost from where that player is being paid, but players are willing to trade FA in two or three years down the line for security I.E. signing bonus now. Doesn't work as well when FA is only a season or less away.

I trust TDs judgement on talent. Has he made mistakes, without a doubt. However I make mistakes all the time(liking being a die hard bills fan lol). However, if they can capitalize on the good decisions they have made, like the three UFAs this year, then I can live with the mistakes. I just want him to have faith in his own picks and lock those promising young guys up now

you still haven't explained why he wouldn't work in our scheme but has performed at a pro bowl level in three DIFFERENT schemes.......

212615[/snapback]

I dont think that "cheap" is the right word for TD.

That said, Kendall did work out well for the jests. One question.....why does he keep bouncing from team to team? The rarely happens with the better offensive linemen, right?

212615[/snapback]

Actually yes I did.

1- Undersized.

2- Poor upper body strength

He's a finesse guard where we need a mauler.

I will agree with you though, that TD waits to long to offer to re-do a guy. Jennings and Phat Pat should have been done fall of 03, just like MW and WM and TM should be done now. Again, the offer must be a big boost from where that player is being paid, but players are willing to trade FA in two or three years down the line for security I.E. signing bonus now. Doesn't work as well when FA is only a season or less away.

I trust TDs judgement on talent. Has he made mistakes, without a doubt. However I make mistakes all the time(liking being a die hard bills fan lol). However, if they can capitalize on the good decisions they have made, like the three UFAs this year, then I can live with the mistakes. I just want him to have faith in his own picks and lock those promising young guys up now

212627[/snapback]

plenzmd.......thank you, that is the point i was making.......it's easy to say "well winfield is too expensive, look at the contract he got, how can you blame TD?" but if you think back he could have locked him up well in advance of that free agency date and saved a bundle........like you said, it requires faith, and TD seems gun shy to commit to his own players and would rather lowball them, which can rub guys the wrong way and seal their fate.......

like you, i'm happy with TD overall......but he does make mistakes and it's really too bad that some people can't own up to that........the guy is far from flawless, but no GM is.......

that TD has his eye on one particular VERY expensive free agent.

He wants Moulds and Drew to accept pay cuts. A poster stated that Priouleaux is slated to earn 1.5 mil. We will pick up approx. 1.2 mil for dumping Henry. Josh Reed is all but sure to be dumped. I am sure there will be others, and we are already under the cap!

The above adds up to a lot of cap space. Might we see another "Takeo type" signing? A big name/huge impact player? Pace? Jones? Thomas?

One could only hope, but imo, TD has already plotted a course. We shall see.

211554[/snapback]

That was what I said last week. I think this is exactly what he is doing. I bet its Jones, I think Sea uses the tag on Alexander and lets Jones hit the FA market.

That was what I said last week. I think this is exactly what he is doing. I bet its Jones, I think Sea uses the tag on Alexander and lets Jones hit the FA market.

212648[/snapback]

A little more fuel for the Walter Jones fire:

According to the always-reliable ProFootballTalk.com (insert giant rolling eyes here) the Seahawks are done playing with Walter Jones.

The main conjecture for this argument comes from the Hawks other needs at free agency. Namely re-signing guys like Hasselbeck, Alexander and Ken Lucas. If Jones would not sign long term, and the franchise tag were to be placed on him once again, his cap number would jump from $7.1 million to $8.5, a 20% increase. With the Hawks other needs, that just doesn't seem reasonable or possible.

PFT also believes that Seahawks brass has tired of the whole camp skipping act and will also not even try to sign Walter long term. It's their belief that they'll let Walter walk.

We here at TalkHawks do indeed feel that this may be Big Walt's last season with the Hawks, but we see no reason why Seattle wouldn't again franchise Walter and seek some recompensation via a trade.

A little more fuel for the Walter Jones fire:

According to the always-reliable ProFootballTalk.com (insert giant rolling eyes here) the Seahawks are done playing with Walter Jones.

We here at TalkHawks do indeed feel that this may be Big Walt's last season with the Hawks, but we see no reason why Seattle wouldn't again franchise Walter and seek some recompensation via a trade.

212656[/snapback]

:devil: 

Never heard of this mag, but have to trust them after using the word "recompensation".

Anybody know what that is?

Actually yes I did.

1- Undersized.

2- Poor upper body strength

He's a finesse guard where we need a mauler.

212643[/snapback]

oh, that's right, the coaches with 140 years of experience told you that type of player wouldn't fit in our system.........they were wrong, and you are wrong -- he would have fit in just fine and solidfied our interior line.......and you wonder why i call you a sheep -- plenty of people on this board admit that we made a mistake with kendall, but you want to toe the company line and act like a probowler wouldn't have been better then tucker/smith.......

Or is that three DIFFERENT teams?

212644[/snapback]

three different teams, three different OC's, three different schemes.........

and every stop he's made, he's had success......but that's right, if he came to buffalo he would have sucked and tucker/smith would have beat him out for the job anyway.......why? cause the coaches told me so, and they're never wrong......

I dont think that "cheap" is the right word for TD.

That said, Kendall did work out well for the jests. One question.....why does he keep bouncing from team to team? The rarely happens with the better offensive linemen, right?

212628[/snapback]

he went from the hawks to the cards for big money.......that happens all to often.......

he was cut by the cards because he clashed with green and he wanted to make an example of him........kendall complained to the NFLPA about the off-season workouts, and green obviously didn't enjoy that and wanted to send a message.......dumb move by the cards (far from their first).......

three different teams, three different OC's, three different schemes.........

and every stop he's made, he's had success......but that's right, if he came to buffalo he would have sucked and tucker/smith would have beat him out for the job anyway.......why? cause the coaches told me so, and they're never wrong......

212733[/snapback]

Sure he would beat out Tucker and Smith, but would certainly not be at his best in our scheme and would cost alot of $ to just be a bandaid, and would not resolve any of the continuity issues on our line. The coaches never said that the players they already had were better. I don't see very many posters saying TD was wrong for not signing him other than you.

And no, there is zero possibility that a whole staff (on any NFL team) could ever make a decision such as this, weighing all the factors, and be "wrong" about it while you (or some fan) are right. Never happened. Never will. You keep asking me to back up my comments and I do. When are you going to start backing up yours with real information? I'd imagine you were once "hot on the trail" to bring in Superbowl MVP Larry Brown over to our team as well , right?

Sure he would beat out Tucker and Smith, but would certainly not be at his best in our scheme and would cost alot of $ to just be a bandaid, and would not resolve any of the continuity issues on our line. The coaches never said that the players they already had were better. I don't see very many posters saying TD was wrong for not signing him other than you.

And no, there is zero possibility that a whole staff (on any NFL team) could ever make a decision such as this, weighing all the factors, and be "wrong" about it while you (or some fan) are right. Never happened. Never will. You keep asking me to back up my comments and I do. When are you going to start backing up yours with real information? I'd imagine you were once "hot on the trail" to bring in Superbowl MVP Larry Brown over to our team as well , right?

212762[/snapback]

he would have resolved continuity issues on our line -- how could adding a probowler to our roster not?? he is better then tucker and smith, and he would have made our line better.......your blind if you can't see that.....he had a great year with the jets and he would have had a great year with us........

bart obviously agreed with me -- "I understand that you think TD screwed up by passing on Kendell (I don't think many here would disagree)"

the fact you can't admit they were WRONG about this speaks volumes.....it's obvious they were wrong -- kendall had a pro bowl type year and we struggled at LG for half the season........you don't want a pro bowl season over revolving door at the LG position? do you realize how silly you sound?.......it's not rocket science -- they were wrong and he could have helped our line, solving our LG need (which is still a need).......

i've backed up my position with real information.......you say he wouldn't fit our team or scheme, and i made that sound foolish by pointing out he has been successful with three different teams in three different schemes.......but that's right, your position is if he comes to buffalo he would not be successful -- it's laughable.........real information? how about his probowls? do tucker or smith have any of those? is there anything TD has done that you didn't agree with? bah bah bah.......