Mort chat

(this was me again posting as my Lions fan friend)

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=7034#bottom

Brian Grabowski (East Lansing, MI): Mort, PLEASE elaborate on the Drew Bledsoe rumors you announced on Sunday...!

Chris Mortensen: (3:33 PM ET ) I reported facts! That being that the Bills are asking him to take another pay cut from $4.3 million he would make this year. If he doesn't take it, there is a real chance he could be released and the Bills would move on with Losman and whoever else.

Brian Grabowski (East Lansing, MI): Mort, PLEASE elaborate on the Drew Bledsoe rumors you announced on Sunday...!

Chris Mortensen: (3:33 PM ET ) I reported facts! That being that the Bills are asking him to take another pay cut from $4.3 million he would make this year. If he doesn't take it, there is a real chance he could be released and the Bills would move on with Losman and whoever else.

211537[/snapback]

Excellent! :P

Steven (Los Angeles): Every year Don Shula and his '72 Dolphin friends all pop some bubbly when the last undefeated team loses, if the Eagles loase next week, will Marv Levy and the 90's Bills pop some of their own since they will no longer be known as the most futile post-season football team?

Chris Mortensen: (3:06 PM ET ) It's hard for me to draw that parallel because the Bills went to the Super Bowl. I understand where you are going .. but it's a reach.

=======================================

Scott (Upstate NY): If Bledsoe was released by Buffalo, would Parcells pick him up to upgrade from senior citizen to close to early bird special?

Chris Mortensen: (3:37 PM ET ) I have a feeling Parcells would probably not pick him up. I think Bill wants some mobility given today's NFL. I'm not sure Drew has any mobility. Even Vinny had a little bit of that. I guess we can't rule out the possibility though.

=========================================

David (Boston): that's too bad about Bledsoe. Classy game in many respects, and was my favorite player before he got traded. Is he done if he gets released?

Chris Mortensen: (3:47 PM ET ) I think Drew really feels like he has football left in him. I believe if he is forced out of Buffalo he will be bitter about it. He did win 9 games this year. He truly believes he can play .. I think he would get an opportunity if it doesn't work out in Buffalo.

To say that Drew "won 9 games" this year is the equivalent of a major league pitcher winning nine games in spite of giving up a half dozen earned runs every outing, but where the team produced ten each time.

To say that Drew "won 9 games" this year is the equivalent of a major league pitcher winning nine games in spite of giving up a half dozen earned runs every outing, but where the team produced ten each time.

211575[/snapback]

Here here

Did I miss something???? What else could he elborate on?? It is a pretty cut and dry statement.

211551[/snapback]

how much are the bills asking him to reduce his salary by? 1 million? 2 million? 50 cents?

that would be a start........

how much are the bills asking him to reduce his salary by? 1 million? 2 million? 50 cents?

that would be a start........

211591[/snapback]

I think good start would be to find his breaking point and then ask for a dollar below that level. SO LONG DREW!!!!!!!!!!!!

211575[/snapback]

Mike Mussina? :P

211575[/snapback]

Sad, but very true - at least 8 of 9 games anyway.

David (Boston): that's too bad about Bledsoe. Classy game in many respects, and was my favorite player before he got traded. Is he done if he gets released?

Chris Mortensen: (3:47 PM ET ) I think Drew really feels like he has football left in him. I believe if he is forced out of Buffalo he will be bitter about it. He did win 9 games this year. He truly believes he can play .. I think he would get an opportunity if it doesn't work out in Buffalo.

211567[/snapback]

Man, under the heading of 'how far they've fallen,' apparently asking Mort questions is all David Boston is good for anymore. :P

211537[/snapback]

Quit teasing me. Whoever else even sounds more appealing.