The NFL is afraid of snow

Just Jack

No actually their idea was to reward the Jet's and Giants (and Cowboys in prior years) for putting up much of the money for a new stadium. Their reward is a Super Bowl, in the case of the Jets/Giants it also happens to be in a location that could get alot of snow, so the league is selling it as a having a cold weather game is the motive and the appeal as they figure putting the real reason out front would just make them look more greedy. But because of that they do need to have more alternative plans.

It does make you wonder about the prior games played in Detroit, Minn, even Indy were their contingent plans those years? While the game itself was weather proof, the same argument could be made ofr the safety of the fans attending, but never heard a word about any other ideas.

Laughable! Isn't the whole idea of a cold weather Super Bowl to play in the snow?

I'll bet hotels , retaurants, bars, etc. are jumping for joy at the uncertainty.

They should have thought of that before they put the game IN NEW YORK IN FEBRUARY.

Suck it up, idiots.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pussification on the NFL and America continues

Seems they are going in the opposite direction of the Bills. I mean our FO requests to give up one late season cold weather game per year, doesn't that demonstrate our pussification? Meanwhile the NFL is hosting a Super Bowl February in NJ.

BTW whatever came of Brandon's Toronto rethink?

Well, the Giants owner ruled out Green Bay as a location... but that was the "only" place he ruled out.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000318433/article/new-york-giants-owner-rules-out-green-bay-super-bowl

So, I guess we need a new stadium and mega hotel in Buffalo to land a Super Bowl in say 12-15 years. Indianapolis did a lot of hotel building in the run up to their SB hosting.

If you don't think this is a "lure" that will be used to try for a new stadium in cold weather cities... I don't know what is.