Playoff possibilities NFL and draft order

djp14150

Since Bills are eliminated and people wanted to axe the other thread I will start a new thread.

I will update this once todays games are done. a few observations....

With New England loss---Cincinnati now controls their fate for seed #2 and the bye because of their H2H win. Cincinnati wins out they get the bye.

Seattle magic number is now 1 for clinching division and a bye......between them and SF. magic number is 1 between them and New Orleans in terms of locking up #1 seed (assuming they win the division). Win next week against Arizona wraps up #1 seed and division.

San Francisco clinch wild card with an Arizona loss.

Draft order (*** pending late games)

1 HOU 2 120

2 WAS 3 112

3 JAX 4 108

4 OAK 4 110 *****

5 CLE 4 111

6 ATL 4 119.5

7 TB 4 125

8 MIN 4.5 112

9 PIT 5 104 *****

10 TEN 5 108 ****

11 BUF 5 114

12 NYG 5 115

13 STL 5 122 ****

Edited by djp14150

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NFC East

If PHL win and DAL lose--PHL win division in week 16 otherwise week 17 for division title.

NFC North...with Lions loss...this makes them lose control.

IF CHI and GB win next week DET is eliminated. DET needs one to lose next week, and then have the loser win tweek 17 and also win out their last 2 games.

NFC AZ, NO, CAR, SF

Arizona they need to win out and have Carolina or SF lose an additional game.

SF and AZ tie- SF in 2nd either H2H or division record

CAR and AZ- AZ due to H2H

IF SF, CAR, and AZ all tied…CAR seed #5 due to H2H over SF, SF seed #6 due to AZ tiebreaker

NO beat AZ, lost to SF

next week NO at CAR game will effectively decide the division title. NO win division with win. Carolina still needs to win the following week or have NO lose to clinch division.

Arizona is in a difficult situation. They need SF to lose next week. Sf win SF clinch 2nd place and their will be no way for AZ to pass them and make the playoffs with a win...here is why

If SF WL then SF 11-5 and AZ WW AZ 11-5

2. SF 11-5

3. AZ 11-5

Going into week 17 game NO/CAR loser would be 10-5. They both beat SF so a win and then get the edge for #5 over SF thus AZ cant control their own fate even by winning out.

For AZ to make it they need to win 2 and have one of the other 3 teams lose 2.....good luck.

Edited by djp14150

NFC East

If PHL win and DAL lose--PHL win division in week 16 otherwise week 17 for division title.

NFC North...with Lions loss...this makes them lose control.

IF CHI and GB win next week DET is eliminated. DET needs one to lose next week, and then have the loser win tweek 17 and also win out their last 2 games.

NFC AZ, NO, CAR, SF

Arizona they need to win out and have Carolina or SF lose an additional game.

SF and AZ tie- SF in 2nd either H2H or division record

CAR and AZ- AZ due to H2H

IF SF, CAR, and AZ all tied…CAR seed #5 due to H2H over SF, SF seed #6 due to AZ tiebreaker

NO beat AZ, lost to SF

next week NO at CAR game will effectively decide the division title. NO win division with win. Carolina still needs to win the following week or have NO lose to clinch division.

Arizona is in a difficult situation. They need SF to lose next week. Sf win SF clinch 2nd place and their will be no way for AZ to pass them and make the playoffs with a win...here is why

If SF WL then SF 11-5 and AZ WW AZ 11-5

2. SF 11-5

3. AZ 11-5

Going into week 17 game NO/CAR loser would be 10-5. They both beat SF so a win and then get the edge for #5 over SF thus AZ cant control their own fate even by winning out.

For AZ to make it they need to win 2 and have one of the other 3 teams lose 2.....good luck.

AFC....

Tennessee is eliminated.....

10-6 BAL, MIA, CIN, NE

CIN go 1-1

NE 0-2

BAL win last 2

MIA win last 2

division....

BAL would get the division by season sweep

MIA would get division by better division record

BAL over NE by H2H

CIN over NE by H2H

MIA over CIN by H2H

BAL over MIA by H2H

if NE wins 1 of last 2 they clinch division, or have BAL/MIA lose 1.

Cincinati needs to beat BAL, or habe BALT lose to NE.

9-7 BAL, MIA, SD

MIA-SD MIA H2H

BAL-MIA BAL H2H

SD-BAL BAL conf record

MIA-BAL-SD MIA conf record

8-8 PIT--Jets are now eliminated

MIA 0-2, BAL go 0-2, and SD need to go 1-1 or 0-2

MIA beat PIT, PIT would get 2nd place in a tie with BAL at 8-8 either by div record

For PIT to get in they need to get to 8-8 and have Jets win out to go to 8-8 and be in 2nd place and have SD lose 1

PIT H2H over Jets

PIT conf record over SD

PIT, NYJ, SD tie PIT conf record

PIT is tied with MIA at 8-8---MIA has the H2H and if SD was also tied MIA gets in because of beating both teams.

St. Louis on the verge of getting the 2nd overall pick and another top 10-15 pick. Wow!

If HOU wins 1 and WAS lose 2 then WAS ---err STL gets the #1 overall.

1 HOU 2 124

2 WAS 3 114

3 JAX 4 111

4 OAK 4 112

5 CLE 4 117

6 ATL 4 124.5

7 TB 4 129

8 MIN 4.5 117

9 TEN 5 112

10 BUF 5 118

11 NYG 5 118

Edited by djp14150

Since Bills are eliminated and people wanted to axe the other thread I will start a new thread.

I will update this once todays games are done. a few observations....

With New England loss---Cincinnati now controls their fate for seed #2 and the bye because of their H2H win. Cincinnati wins out they get the bye.

Seattle magic number is now 1 for clinching division and a bye......between them and SF. magic number is 1 between them and New Orleans in terms of locking up #1 seed (assuming they win the division). Win next week against Arizona wraps up #1 seed and division.

San Francisco clinch wild card with an Arizona loss.

Draft order (*** pending late games)

1 HOU 2 120

2 WAS 3 112

3 JAX 4 108

4 OAK 4 110 *****

5 CLE 4 111

6 ATL 4 119.5

7 TB 4 125

8 MIN 4.5 112

9 PIT 5 104 *****

10 TEN 5 108 ****

11 BUF 5 114

12 NYG 5 115

13 STL 5 122 ****

The Bills were defeated by 4 of the teams ahead of them on that draft order. :doh:

The Bills were defeated by 4 of the teams ahead of them on that draft order. :doh:

this is the most up to date....

1 HOU 2 124

2 WAS 3 114

3 JAX 4 111

4 OAK 4 112

5 CLE 4 117

6 ATL 4 124.5

7 TB 4 129

8 MIN 4.5 117

9 TEN 5 112

10 BUF 5 118

11 NYG 5 118

If BUF and NYG stay tied then it will be decided by a coin flip.

Next week will prety much decide the order outside of wins and loses by individual wins because of the intradivisional play a teams would only change based on their non common opponets win or lose.

In week 17 Each team will increase by 6 because of the intradivision of the 2 divisions they play( add 2 each), and their other divisional opponent play each other (add 2)--if they lose they will increase by 1 due to their oppponent, and then the non common opponents will add 0,1, or 2.

So if the difference is 3 or more you cant catch, if difference is 2 you can only tie, if its within 1 you can pass or get passed.

If BUF were to lose they at best could make it up to 6. I dont see them passing OAK or JAX if they won.

Edited by djp14150

updated........

AFC

Cincinnati clinch a WC

Patriots clinched the AFC East

Denver clinched the AFC West + bye---clinch #1 w/PATS loss

Baltimore clinch a WC with a win this afternoon by beating NE and SD losing. MIA/BAL/SD tie at 9-7 goes to MIA, BAL over MIA and Sd in a 2 team tie.

If BAL wins then next week BAL/CIN is for the division and potentially a bye

NFC

with DAL winning no matter what PHL does, tnext week PHL/DAL game winner gets division title.

CAR clinched a WC spot, CAR win division w/win or NO loss.

IF AZ loses this afternoon, both SF and NO back into the playoffs with a WC spot.

As for the draft---BUFFALO is at #12 as of now

Edited by djp14150

Bills are slotted 10th by strength of schedule tie breaker. ESPN draft page will be updated later tonight to reflect that.

Mine is more accurate.

ESPNs does not add the games yet to play---mine takes into account who the schedule will be and those teams current wins.

Mine adds the total wins of the 2 divisions you face, the wins of your division teams x2 + the wins of the other 2 teams.

1 HOU 2 130

2 WAS 3 117

3 JAX 4 118

4 OAK 4 119 --play at 4pm

5 CLE 4 121

6 ATL 4 129.5 --play on Monday

7 TB 4 134

8 MIN 4.5 120

9 NYG 5 122 ---play at 4pm

10 PIT 6 112 ----play at 4pm

11 TEN 6 117

12 BUF 6 122

Edited by djp14150

Draft position is so overrated unless it's for the top pick and there is a luck available....excellent players get picked all over first round

Yes there are good players drafted all over first round but couldn't disagree more with draft position being overrated. The higher you pick the bigger the pool of those good players is to pick from. There is a better chance of trading down the higher you are

Its also huge to have an earlier pick in other rounds as well especially second

Edited by Max997

Yes there are good players drafted all over first round but couldn't disagree more with draft position being overrated. The higher you pick the bigger the pool of those good players is to pick from. There is a better chance of trading down the higher you are

Its also huge to have an earlier pick in other rounds as well especially second

I'm tired of losing seasons...I think finishing the year strong against division rivals is way more important....team had a great attitude today.

I'm tired of losing seasons...I think finishing the year strong against division rivals is way more important....team had a great attitude today.

Totally agree. Win out and keep it rolling next year.

People bitched when the team showed up to the Tampa game flat yet I don't see anybody giving the coaching staff credit for having the team ready to play the past two weeks with the season essentially over. The team has played hard and been pretty sharp.

People bitched when the team showed up to the Tampa game flat yet I don't see anybody giving the coaching staff credit for having the team ready to play the past two weeks with the season essentially over. The team has played hard and been pretty sharp.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Lets keep that going next week!! Shut out the Putrids

speaking of which ..... another gust give it to them PI against the Ravens :thumbdown:

Woo hoo we are playing great during yet another meaningless game in December! Call me when this team actually is in playoff contention at this time of the year. Not only have they missed the playoffs 14 years in a row, they haven't had a meaningful game in December in 10 years. It is pathetic and fans have the right to be cynical at this point. Getting excited over beating the Dolphins to go to 6 and freaking 9 is supposed to be some sort of consolation? That is laughable! Get in the !@#$ing playoffs !@#$s!