Stevie Johnson: stay or go

The Big Cat

Another hash to settle  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Bills sever ties with Stevie? (cut/trade)

• Yes
    • No

Unless the plan is to replace him with a proven number 1 I can't see them moving on from Stevie

He is still the teams best WR and in my opinion is struggling more bc of the offense and QB then himself

Stevie would be a great number 2 next to someone like Vincent Jackson

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's fine, but this is a great opportunity to apply last year's universally agreed-upon Fitz principle. It was then we said: he's a great backup, but not for the price we're paying him. Well, if Stevie has proven himself the second coming of David Nelson, then everyone here should agree that he only stays if he agrees to significantly less money. Right?

only problem with that logic -- you play your second best wr a lot and stevie isnt radically out of line with the top end 2, low end 1 salaries.

If Marone and Co. keep him after all the talk of accountability, then they have none.

I think he is part of the losing culture, and the younger receivers don't need to learn anything from him. IMO.

Clean house with the WRs. Let Stevie go, let Graham go. That'll free up the #1 WR spot which we can address either through the draft or by making a splash in FA or via trade (Andre Johnson?). Move Goodwin to the slot where he should be, leave Woods as your #2 (hopefully he'll progress) and then get in a big framed number 3 WR again in either FA or the draft.

It is interesting to me how some people want to blow it all up every year because the Bills suck, but they are also mad that the Bills suck every year.

1 question: when you think of Stevie, do you think of big plays and great catches, or do you think "suck"?

I say no for several reasons. 1)He's at this present moment the best receiver on our roster. Woods, Goodwin, and heck even Graham have more upside and potential, but at the current moment in time, my opinion is that he's still the best receiver we have. 2)He does provide veteran leadership in the locker room, and can also serve as a mentor to the younger WR's. His silly antics aside, he's still considered by many a pretty good guy....I was frustrated with him more than most after his fumble at the Atlanta game, but I'd still take him on my team.

Clean house with the WRs. Let Stevie go, let Graham go. That'll free up the #1 WR spot which we can address either through the draft or by making a splash in FA or via trade (Andre Johnson?). Move Goodwin to the slot where he should be, leave Woods as your #2 (hopefully he'll progress) and then get in a big framed number 3 WR again in either FA or the draft.

I like this idea. Esp. if they can trade him. Then get Johnson and draft another WR with the pick. We are well enough under the cap to afford a WR like Johnson.

I think the real question is if you cut him or trade him for something of value. If "sever ties" means cut him, then No. If they can trade him for a 3rd rounder or higher, I would say yes.

I don't think we get anything higher than a 4th for him.

I think the real question is if you cut him or trade him for something of value. If "sever ties" means cut him, then No. If they can trade him for a 3rd rounder or higher, I would say yes.

I suppose a 3rd is not out of the question ... maybe. But higher? Who in their right mind would give that for SJ13? Remember, Buddy Nix is no longer a GM ;)

I like this idea. Esp. if they can trade him. Then get Johnson and draft another WR with the pick. We are well enough under the cap to afford a WR like Johnson.

Andre Johnson, with his age and injury history?