Jimmy Garoppolo is looking good.

ThrowingFitz

The Bills may be able to pick him up in the 2nd or 3rd round. If the Bills pick a QB next draft (which I hope they do) it should come in the second or third round. I'm interested in hearing what other people have to say concerning this years QB draft and if or when the Bills should consider drafting one.

We will not draft a QB before Day 3 this year. Like it or not, we're rolling the dice with EJ.

I don't know about that. An alternative drafting model where a QB is drafted each year, year after year, in the first three rounds would have been hard pressed to underperform the current model which has yielded 14 consecutive non-playoff seasons.

I don't know about that. An alternative drafting model where a QB is drafted each year, year after year, in the first three rounds would have been hard pressed to underperform the current model which has yielded 14 consecutive non-playoff seasons.

I don't we'd consider drafting a QB in the first three rounds until the 2015 draft. I'll grant that EJ could have performed better this year, but I believe we could have done a better job of putting talent around him, too.

I've watched a little of Garoppolo including one video that was a compilation of all of his throws/scrambles/runs/sacks for one entire game. Admittedly it is a small sample, but I liked what I saw overall. His biggest knocks seem to be his hand size (which would be a consideration in cold, windy climates) and level of competition (FCS). From what I've read 2nd or 3rd round is his range.

FCS playoffs are well underway. EiU plays Towson at 8pm on Dec 13th. If televised it would be a chance to see him play.

I watched some videos on him. He seems to have a good attitude & personality. He had some pop in his arm and seemed to be fairly accurate on the intermediate routes. He has an unusual wind up & delivery, but he gets it out quickly - not sure what to make of that. The only thing that really bothered me was he seemed to lock in on his targets, but it was a relatively small sample. Definitely an interesting prospect.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.