Northern Lights

Anchorage Style

Some of you will be surprised to see cars instead of dog sleds and houses instead of igloos.  Don't fret.

210797[/snapback]

What are those line thingies above the roofs of the cars? They seem to run on forever.

Northern lights are unbelievable to see. I can remember two times that buddies and myself were heading home from the bars/breakfast and saw the lights. Freaked our drunk asses out.

What are those line thingies above the roofs of the cars?  They seem to run on forever.

Northern lights are unbelievable to see.  I can remember two times that buddies and myself were heading home from the bars/breakfast and saw the lights.  Freaked our drunk asses out.

210805[/snapback]

A fence.

Some of you will be surprised to see cars instead of dog sleds and houses instead of igloos.  Don't fret.

210797[/snapback]

Yeah, right. Next you are going to say that you have running water up there. You can't fool us.

[superintendant Chalmers sees Principal Skinner's kitchen on fire]

Superintendant Chalmers: Good Lord, what is happening in there?

Principal Skinner: The Aurora Borealis?

Superintendant Chalmers: The Aurora Borealis? At this time of year? At this time of day? In this part of the country? Localized entirely within your kitchen?

Principal Skinner: Yes.

Superintendant Chalmers: May I see it?

Principal Skinner: No.

Anchorage Style

210797[/snapback]

I was kinda surprised to see more than one house in a single picture...must have been in the heart of the city...

And hey, isn't there already a "Northern Lights" thread? :D

I was kinda surprised to see more than one house in a single picture...must have been in the heart of the city...

And hey, isn't there already a "Northern Lights" thread?  :D

210942[/snapback]

Anchorage is actually pretty compact (surrounded by mountains), so that's far more normal than you can imagine.

There wasn't another thread on the first page when I posted this one - Mead bumped it after...

Classic line from John Hiatt's "Icy Blue Heart."

"He said 'Girl you're a beauty like I've never witnessed.

And I've seen the Northern Lights dance on the air.

But I've felt the cold that can follow the first kiss.

And there's not enough heat in the fires burning there...

To melt your icy blue heart.' "