Drafting small receivers

dave mcbride

With evaluation time upon us, might it not finally be time to see what Easley has to offer. He's got some size and decent speed. Play him!

I don't understand it either. I'd much rather see Easley for 5-6 plays a game then SJ13. Woods clearly need playing time. Goodwin needs snaps and Graham just needs to get production his way. When all is finished there is no reason not to put him in. Special teams are a big part of the game but being the tallest midget is still no great feat.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand it either. I'd much rather see Easley for 5-6 plays a game then SJ13. Woods clearly need playing time. Goodwin needs snaps and Graham just needs to get production his way. When all is finished there is no reason not to put him in. Special teams are a big part of the game but being the tallest midget is still no great feat.

Stop. Easley has proven nothing. He's a good a STer. He wasn't even a good wr in college. The main thing about the last 3 games is to see about EJ. Like him or not, Stevie is our best wr and you're cheating EJ if you don't have him out there.

Stop. Easley has proven nothing. He's a good a STer. He wasn't even a good wr in college. The main thing about the last 3 games is to see about EJ. Like him or not, Stevie is our best wr and you're cheating EJ if you don't have him out there.

let him go out there and try to prove it.

The Bills had a tall receiver with speed. They released him. The same guy just scored two touchdowns last weekend, one on a 69 yard bomb. Luckily, we kept 7 11 and Easley who have done nothing. Patience is a virtue. It look Eric Moulds three years to be a beast. Again, the Bills front office is a joke.

releasing Rodgers was a dumb mistake by a coach who still thinks he is coaching in college.

OK. How much do you wanna bet? For the record, I have the Bills not taking a 5'11" CB in the first round.

I would agree. No way they take a corner in the 1st round. I'm thinking Barr or Mack (OLB).

The Bills had a tall receiver with speed. They released him. The same guy just scored two touchdowns last weekend, one on a 69 yard bomb. Luckily, we kept 7 11 and Easley who have done nothing. Patience is a virtue. It look Eric Moulds three years to be a beast. Again, the Bills front office is a joke.

So you're saying because of one game DaRick is going to be a solid NFL receiver. Okay. Maybe you know more than the rest of the NFL where not ONE team was even willing to burn a 7th round loser pick on the guy.

Check back in with me next year and see how DaRick's production is. Then call the front office a joke. Stevie was a 7th round steal, Woods is a rookie who is already a pretty good receiver and Goodwin appears to be a good role player for the speedster.

If you're going to slam the front office, don't do it for drafting receivers. Our rookie QB has about 2.5 seconds to throw if he's lucky on every play, it wouldn't matter if we had 8 foot tall receivers out there, you can't pass without protection time to do it.

So you're saying because of one game DaRick is going to be a solid NFL receiver. Okay. Maybe you know more than the rest of the NFL where not ONE team was even willing to burn a 7th round loser pick on the guy.

Check back in with me next year and see how DaRick's production is. Then call the front office a joke. Stevie was a 7th round steal, Woods is a rookie who is already a pretty good receiver and Goodwin appears to be a good role player for the speedster.

If you're going to slam the front office, don't do it for drafting receivers. Our rookie QB has about 2.5 seconds to throw if he's lucky on every play, it wouldn't matter if we had 8 foot tall receivers out there, you can't pass without protection time to do it.

2.5 seconds is a long time in the pocket. Also is more than enough time for receivers to get open. Only problem is EJ can't find them. I am also on the "we should have kept da'rick" train. I watched him in camp and knew he would get cut. Because of his attitude. However I believe he has talent and we shouldn't just let talent walk for nothing. Da'rick is another TO. Short slants and send him deep. EJ is obsessed with checking down and da'ricks a tackle breaking and run after catch WR. He may not become great but his floor is a solid possession WR. We should have kept him