Bucs losing to Bills would be big blow?

Rockinon

I wonder, which city loses its team first, Buffalo or Tampa (or Jacksonville)?

And does the outcome of today's game have anything to do with that? It sounds like if the Bucs lose, they could fold up and leave town and the people there would shrug in disgust and help them pack. The Bills are a core part of Buffalo's DNA and no matter how bad they get people in WNY will not give up.

No, it's not.

Do any of the people that blab about "winning culture" honestly care at all about these meaningless games by the offseason.

All "winning culture" means is that the team believes it can win. Gaily used to say it, but there's a difference between saying and believing.

That mindset is why the Pats usually win even when decimated by injuries & when Brady's not playing well. It's why when the Bills are up 7 late they lose and when the Pats are down 7 late they win. It's the difference between playing not to lose & playing to win. Anyone who's played competetive sports knows this.

Just like last week, this is another golden opportunity for the Bills to make a statement that they are an up and coming team. Play agressive on both sides of the ball, blitz Glennon and turn EJ and the passing game loose. Warm weather, team healthy, he should be able to throw for 250-300 yards and they should get 100+ yards out of Spiller each of the next two games . Take chances, play to win and not "not to lose," and the perception of the Bills being pushovers will fade.

We have been a bottom feeder for 15 years. Until w prove ourselves then it is a big blow to lose to us.

We look at crappy teams and think we should beat them. Crappy teams think the same way. Nothing is going to change until we show it on the field.

Reading this.

The Bucs according to this article, are one loss away from a fired coach and a complete overhaul. The Bills on the other hand appear to be a team on the rise.

The Bills are in year 4 of being a team on the rise. Average roster age stats indicate the Bills are a young team, but the reality is they are just an average aged team who has very young quarterbacks and overall depth. And the quality of their depth has been an issue.

Long re-builds like the one the Bills are in year 4 of will more than likely lead to unsustainable turnarounds. The Texans are a good example of this. They knocked on the playoff door for 4 years....finally made it twice.....but then the gravitational pull of parity got the best of them and now they are the worst team in the league.

You don't want to be just becoming a wildcard contender when you have key contributors in decline and former first round picks on the cusp of free agency. You must have an urgency to succeed and we really haven't seen enough of it.

Now if EJ Manuel becomes an elite QB this won't matter. Prime example being the Pats, who aside from Brady have a younger starting lineup than the Bills. By elite I mean anywhere between a Peyton Manning and a Joe Flacco, with Flacco being the minimum. But anything less than an elite QB requires a stacked roster to win with and that is impossible to sustain in the free agency era, IMO.

Actually, I thought the article was spot on and captures how most fan bases must feel when playing the Bills.

"When the Bucs were 0-8, you probably started doing the math in your head, wondering how many games, if any, this team could win down the stretch. Maybe you came up with three or four: I bet you circled the Bills as a win. In some cases, that might have been the only game you circled. The problem: In western New York, I bet there were a lot of people who circled the Bucs. The only difference is they were probably wearing mittens when they made their circle. ...

Lose to the Bills … You don’t lose to the Bills. You just got crushed at Carolina. You got crushed, and you can’t get crushed again. And losing to the Bills would be twice as bad as losing to the Panthers."

I'm not sure about the "wearing gloves" in mid October part but the rest is certainly true. No fan base in the NFL expects to lose to Buffalo, including one from another losing franchise. No one expects to go 0-16 and if you have the Bills on your schedule and can't at least beat them then you can you beat.

It just shows how low the view of team has fallen around the NFL.

Edited by vincec

I wonder, which city loses its team first, Buffalo or Tampa (or Jacksonville)?

And does the outcome of today's game have anything to do with that? It sounds like if the Bucs lose, they could fold up and leave town and the people there would shrug in disgust and help them pack. The Bills are a core part of Buffalo's DNA and no matter how bad they get people in WNY will not give up.

JAX