Great stat on PTI

Hplarrm

Kornheiser makes the claim that his stat minions have calculated that if Nick F from Philly were to throw 50 straight INTs he would still have a higher QBr than Geno Smith has now. Youch. I am not sure whether this says more about how phenomenal Nick has been, how bad Geno has been or the flaws of QBr as a stat (my opinion is that is not a perfect stat measure but it is the best we got) but it is a great showing how flawed Geno has been.

Kornheiser makes the claim that his stat minions have calculated that if Nick F from Philly were to throw 50 straight INTs he would still have a higher QBr than Geno Smith has now. Youch. I am not sure whether this says more about how phenomenal Nick has been, how bad Geno has been or the flaws of QBr as a stat (my opinion is that is not a perfect stat measure but it is the best we got) but it is a great showing how flawed Geno has been.

I can't watch Geno play. Brings back too many memories of Losman toward the end.

I think it shows how flawed QB rating is. Awful stat.

Why not post this in the Geno vs EJ Part 2 Thread? http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/164107-geno-v-ej-part-2/

Because it is about Geno vs. QB Rating Stat. Nobody will ever find it in a generic thread. Maybe there should be "other teams" forum? This isn't exactly Bills anymore.

What's w/the hyper-pigeonholing of posts/threads?

Anyway... That is a pretty wild stat.

I watched a portion of the Eagles/Cardinals game. What surprised me the most was the impressive play of Foles. His accuracy was superb and his confident demeanor on the field was apparent. His first couple of years were very turbulent. But after taking his knocks on the field he has gotten to the point where the game has slowed down and his talent has taken over. Especially for qbs it takes time to mature and have a better mastery of the offense.

For those people who are prematurely making a judgment on EJ I recommend a greater degree of patience. Every qb has their own maturation timetable. The way Foles played in his first two years is starkly different from what I saw in his last game. He went from an qb who was under seige to a confident qb who was in command of the game.

I'm certainly not declaring Foles to be an elite qb. But his transformation from a young qb who was overwhelmed to be a qb who is in control offers a good example of the importance of being patient with young qbs.

I watched a portion of the Eagles/Cardinals game. What surprised me the most was the impressive play of Foles. His accuracy was superb and his confident demeanor on the field was apparent. His first couple of years were very turbulent. But after taking his knocks on the field he has gotten to the point where the game has slowed down and his talent has taken over. Especially for qbs it takes time to mature and have a better mastery of the offense.

For those people who are prematurely making a judgment on EJ I recommend a greater degree of patience. Every qb has their own maturation timetable. The way Foles played in his first two years is starkly different from what I saw in his last game. He went from an qb who was under seige to a confident qb who was in command of the game.

I'm certainly not declaring Foles to be an elite qb. But his transformation from a young qb who was overwhelmed to be a qb who is in control offers a good example of the importance of being patient with young qbs.

I think it's important to note just how bad the Eagles were last year when Foles was playing as well. Foles was running for his life because of a dumpster of an O-line, McCoy was hurt every week, defense was horrendous.

Foles put up a rookie rating of 79.9, which, all things considered, is pretty good for how horrendous the Birds were last year.

Because the casual users don't want to read a 20 page thread on a statistic given last night! :beer:

Plus, once a new thread gets merged into the 20-pager, all of the "go to first unread post" links stop working, meaning everyone who has been following the thread has to spend 10 minutes find their place again.