Marrone era myths

Two of the big ones is that there is a change of culture going on. The other one is accountabilty and coaching a discplined team. By far one of the most un-discplined Bills team in the last two decades of futility.

I really don't see the change. I see Marrone getting less out of a more talanted Bills team than we have had since the days when Wade Phillips coached this team.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The culture change is a big pile of bull ****.

This season is going exactly the same as the last 13 years. Just enough hope to sell some tickets, no results on the field.

Reminds me a lot of the Dick Jauron era to be honest but Marrone has a lot more talent than what Dick Jauron worked with. It gives me alot more appreciation for Chan Gailey. Gailey inherted Jaurons mess and made improvements. I don't see improvement from what Gailey built.

I am pretty sure that Marrone did not tell Johnson and Chandler to fumble.

I still like Marrone, but fear that he will be chewed up by the horrible losing culture the same as previous coaches have.

And conversely I have a feeling that he also didn't tell Chandler NOT to fumble and to hold onto the ball after what happened to SJ. I really hope I'm wrong about that though.

The "winning culture" stuff is obvious BS. There's no basis behind any of it. And despite what rust belt people think, the vast majority of players, coaches, etc... out there work hard and try to win. Marrone says that guff because it works on gullible fans.

I don't know about the discipline. There's a few guys who act like clowns at times (Stevie, McKelvin I notice the most). And they've been penalized a lot, but whatever.

It's a pretty big fundamental to cover the ball up in a situation like that. So, either SJ doesn't listen to coaches when they teach those things... or the coaches haven't been teaching those things. Either way, it doesn't look good for the coaches.

It's a pretty big fundamental to cover the ball up in a situation like that. So, either SJ doesn't listen to coaches when they teach those things... or the coaches haven't been teaching those things. Either way, it doesn't look good for the coaches.

Neither do the penalties which have hurt this team EVERY SINGLE GAME THIS YEAR!

Damn. We shoulda got Shanahan.......oh wait....should got Nick Saban he was awesome in Miami.....oh wait......should got Pete Carrol first time around......oh wait .....oh we should have Tomlin.....oh wait he stinks now.....

marrone is fine. You start building...

This NFL franchise should stay to hell outta Canada! Send Brady and the Pats up there. How many times did runners slip on the turf? Those fans cheer for everything that happens, negating any kind of home field advantage. I am just frustrated with the whole damn thing.

Good News: We will be getting a good draft pick, and this team is still a few players away from being good.

Hey, you really didn't think we were going to make the play-offs did you? Might as well start positioning for a good pick.

As I see it, the best we'll be is 6-10, I think we'll be competitive, but I can only see two more wins this season. I think that will keep us in the top ten picks again.

Go Bills!

the culture change is 100 accurate it's not the feel sorry bills or "they don't care bills" - they are building a good team not there yet with rookies all over ( I guess we ignore that part if it doesnt fit the arguement). Couple brutal calls on the same drive inside 6 plays set up Atlanta TD- again ignore if it doesn't fit your arguement.

Edited by CardinalScotts

Whats wrong with you guys?

Atlanta was not as bad as their record indicated, really! They lost their two star starting WR's in Julio Jones, Roddy White. They lost their starting RB Steven Jackson ans lost a bunch of games. All of these injuries occurred early in the season and screwed them out of the playoffs. They just got Roddy White and Steven Jackson back at full health.

Last week they played the 9-2 NO Saints to a very close game 17-13.

Doug Marrone & Mike Pettine are way better then any coaches this franchise has seen since Wade Phillips. The first year of their regime. Bills fans appear to have much less tolerance for losing then they did when Gailey took over and went 4-12 his first year. Man o man the excuses I recall reading for Gailey...

Whats wrong with you guys?

Doug Marrone & Mike Pettine are way better then any coaches this franchise has seen since Wade Phillips. The first year of their regime. Bills fans appear to have much less tolerance for losing then they did when Gailey took over and went 4-12 his first year. Man o man the excuses I recall reading for Gailey...

Yeah, I think it's silly as well. He's not been perfect, but as a rookie coach he's faired pretty well given the difficulties we've had. Losing Kolb, losing EJ, losing Thad, missing Byrd, losing Gilmore, etc etc. I'm happy to see this coaching staff next year. Not sure about the roster though.