still feel disadvantaged bills with bye weeks?

gmanbfan

Man, with your formal complaint to the league about being disadvantaged facing so many teams coming off extended breaks... wouldn't a win today make you argument more plausible? Or how about a loss against the jet who were coming off a bye...

Can this team get anything right?

Gimme teams coming off a bye 5 times a year. They are usually rusty. We beat Miami and Jets coming off byes. We lose coming off our bye. I see no advantage to having a week off.

Agreed. I've stated this before: the numbers show there is for the most part, ZERO advantage for teams coming off bye weeks across the NFL.

Agreed. I've stated this before: the numbers show there is for the most part, ZERO advantage for teams coming off bye weeks across the NFL.

there is some, but i think its pretty minor, and its certainly not universal. winning off a bye week does take organizational skill both on the coach and player sides. some teams do it much better than others. additionally, whether they come at a time to break building momentum, or a terrible slide can make a big difference.

all in all, i believe the stat is that teams win about 53-54% of their post bye week games.... a slim advantage, assuming scheduling after the week is fairly random.

Nope, no they don't. Teams coming off byes win at a 54% clip, which is a pretty significant advantage. So, despite the fact that you've stated this before, you were and are incorrect. http://espn.go.com/fantasy/football/story/_/id/9748736/qbs-home-d-sts-road-show-most-improvement-coming-bye-weeks

Nope, no they don't. Teams coming off byes win at a 54% clip, which is a pretty significant advantage. So, despite the fact that you've stated this before, you were and are incorrect. http://espn.go.com/fantasy/football/story/_/id/9748736/qbs-home-d-sts-road-show-most-improvement-coming-bye-weeks

but a quarter of them play us, and we arent even a .500 team! (half joke, half pointing out theres more too it - youd be well served to find out if those games happened to skew towards home vs away, whether opponents tended to be better/worse than average etc... over time those things should even out if its totally random, but id be curious to see some deeper stats on it)