Rome Mentions McGahee Again -- Why?

Talonz

Can anyone fill me in on why Rome always brings up an interview that he did with McGahee when he just came out of college?  He has referred to it a few times, but never explained what happened ( I assume bad ).

210141[/snapback]

cus he has nothing else to talk about. it makes him look more important, when he says he interviewed a pro-player.

anyone else notice he pauses for a long time between sentences, then repeats the same thing over and over.

he sums up his opinion in 1 sentence, then repeats over and over, pausing in between to fill the time. really annoying.

i mean, repeating your opinion over and over again doesnt make you right, or convice anyone to switch sides.

and repeating his opinion over and over again is also very annoying and forces me to change the channel.

:D

Can anyone fill me in on why Rome always brings up an interview that he did with McGahee when he just came out of college?  He has referred to it a few times, but never explained what happened ( I assume bad ).

210141[/snapback]

I just heard this as well. It wasn't merely a name drop.

He said it in relation to how easy it was to interview Michael Irvin for an hour. Someone had sent him an email fluffing him for the great interview. He said Irvin is easy, others "I don't wan't to name any names... Willis MaGahee... are th tough ones. Give me credit when I have to ask 20 questions in 4 minutes to a guy who is obviously only here because someone told him he had to be."

I don't know the basis for the criticism either, but this was the context of his statement.

anyone else notice he pauses for a long time between sentences, then repeats the same thing over and over.

he sums up his opinion in 1 sentence, then repeats over and over, pausing in between to fill the time. really annoying.

i mean, repeating your opinion over and over again doesnt make you right, or convice anyone to switch sides.

and repeating his opinion over and over again is also very annoying and forces me to change the channel.

210149[/snapback]

He doesn't post here as JP-era, does he? :D

The Sphinx could interview Michael Irvin for an hour. An empty room could interview Michael Irvin for an hour.

Saying Michael Irvin is an easy interview doesn't really prove any kind of point.

210149[/snapback]

Gee that sentiment should be tattooed on some peoples foreheads...... when the discussions get to be repetetive, no one seems to understand that simple fact,

Thanks

An empty room could interview Michael Irvin for an hour.

210192[/snapback]

But what if the empty room is only there because someone told him he has to be?

I have a feeling that even empty rooms get creeped out by being in the same room with Michael Irvin.

From his standpoint, I can see what he's saying. Willis McGahee is a pretty crappy interview. It's like he's retarded and doesn't know how to talk. He ends every single sentence with "know what i mean?" or "know what i'm sayin???" and the answers he gives to every question is maybe... MAYBE 2 words long (if you're lucky). So from a media standpoint, Willis sucks.

But as long as he runs, I couldn't care less.

He said it in relation to how easy it was to interview Michael Irvin for an hour. Someone had sent him an email fluffing him for the great interview. He said Irvin is easy, others "I don't wan't to name any names... Willis MaGahee... are th tough ones. Give me credit when I have to ask 20 questions in 4 minutes to a guy who is obviously only here because someone told him he had to be."

I don't know the basis for the criticism either, but this was the context of his statement.

210155[/snapback]

210155[/snapback]

I tell ya, it sucks when I have to actually work to do my job... :D

cus he has nothing else to talk about. it makes him look more important, when he and repeating his opinion over and over again is also very annoying and forces me to change the channel.

210149[/snapback]

sort of like some members of TSW they post the same crap in every thread. I am not implying you but some of our other more notorious members

Talonz - before the 2003 draft, Rome interviewed Willis. I didn't hear it, but happened to tune in right after. The clones were really piling on because it was probably the worst interview ever on the show, in their estimation. It has now become the gold standard of bad interviews on the show. Apparently, it was all one word answers.

Talonz - before the 2003 draft, Rome interviewed Willis.  I didn't hear it, but happened to tune in right after.  The clones were really piling on because it was probably the worst interview ever on the show, in their estimation.  It has now become the gold standard of bad interviews on the show.  Apparently, it was all one word answers.

210291[/snapback]

Ahhhh...

Now I get it :D

Danke!

Where's Chrissy Everett when you need him?

Rome is a pretty darn good interviewer especially when you compare him to ex-Jocks who hardly ever are going to ask their peers the tough question or the ESPN guys or your local sports beat writer who lives and dies by locker room access.

I don't like every aspect of the show -- particularly the self-aggrandizing half hours worth "pat Jimmy on the back" e-mails and calls he takes after every decent interview..but I guess that's part of the clone mystique.

The Willis reference is exactly as bbb describes but its 2 years old now--give it a rest...So Willis isn't as engaging or storied as Michael Irvin--I am not sure I want him to be. He's just a hard-working, intense football player--who has overcome a lot to get back on the field-fits the blue collar image of the town he plays in...I think I like him that way...Don't really care what Romey and the clones think about his interview skills.