Is Andy Kaufman alive?

The Poojer

Driving to Allegheny State Park on May 16, 1984 with a bunch of college kids in my car (of which I am one). The radio says that Andy Kaufman died. Simultaneously, and without ever having talked about him, myself and the girl next to me both say "Good."

We are horrible people.

Driving to Allegheny State Park on May 16, 1984 with a bunch of college kids in my car (of which I am one). The radio says that Andy Kaufman died. Simultaneously, and without ever having talked about him, myself and the girl next to me both say "Good."

We are horrible people.

:thumbdown:

He could not have been more annoying.

Wait, I think you're saying thumbs down to us being horrible people. Thanks - I feel better about myself!

I can count on one hand the number of people I would feel that way about upon hearing about their passing....that's what the thumbs down was in reference to...like all geniuses, there are those who will never appreciate or understand Andy's greatness.

I really liked Andy. So many memorable stunts. Taking out his entire Carnegie Hall audience for milk and cookies is pretty amazing.

That's ALL you need to know about the guy right there....just watch footage of that and look at the expressions on the faces of those who are with him. To me, that's his greatest moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgqXUJn5g9I

Oh, and by the way, there is only ONE comedian who ever lived that was greater than Andy Kaufman....in fact, he's the greatest entertainer who ever lived period.

Edited by ajzepp

You mean Tony Clifton?

YES!! Let this be proof that it absolutely goes without saying...Tony Clifton is the ONLY entertainer who could ever eclipse that of the great Andy Kaufman...

Has to be Jimmy "JJ" Walker

You have to be in a proper state of Kaufman grace in order to have the name of the greatest ever just materialize in your consciousness, such as it did with the artist formerly known as Gringo...

But there is hope for you yet.

lol, Carrey was great as Clifton...couldn't agree more

The night Andy was on Friday's was one of my favorite childhood memories. My parents were out of town and my grandma was there taking care of us, and it was never real hard to convince her to let us stay up late. (I was like 8 or 9 at the time, IIRC.) When Andy started up and raised all that hell, I remember my grandma and I looking at each other when they cut to commercial and trying to figure out what the heck just happened. I sort of wear it as a badge of honor, cause there probably aren't many people who can say that Andy "got them" when they were that young. If my parents had been there, there's no way I would have ever see it live. My grandma and I never talked to my parents about it cause if we had then they would have known that I was up late lol. So I feel as if Andy was a significant part of my childhood, and it's a shame that so much of his greatness I didn't get to enjoy until after I was older and he was already gone. Errr, "gone" (haha)

God, I hope not. Next, I'll start liking wrestling and soccer!

Baby steps... :lol:

Edited by ajzepp