Robert Woods and Stevie Both Out on Sunday vs the Jets

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this talk about wide receivers is moot until a qb who can routinely make the full array of the most basic NFL throws is acquired.

Here's the passing stat line for each of the next 6 games: 17 of 36 for 221. 1 TD 1 Int.

So, what team is your favorite? :flirt:

someone definitely needs to take advantage of the opportunity they will get on sunday. be it hogan, easley, gragg...someone needs to step up and show they belong.

Gragg's big TD celebration in garbage time told me all I need to know about him. He believes he is a very short timer in the NFL so he went to great lengths to celebrate and save the TD football so he can show his kids someday, etc. His hands are terrible; he makes Chandler look like ProBowl. He'll be cut in the offseason never to be heard from again.

Pretty much what we expected, and gives Woods the best chance to come back after the bye. Time for "7-11" Hogan and Easley to step up.

Yep, looking like 2nd half of a preseason game from the WR position this week. We shall see. Jets will put 8 in the box and absolutely stuff the run game. We'll see what Hackett and EJ can do through the air this week. Jets will give them no choice but to have rookie EJ throwing it to his 4th and 5th WR. Lets hope the defense comes to play. this game could be 9 - 6.

If there's any good news here, it's that EJ practiced with the guys who will be playing all week. I think that's significant.

Moving the ball with any regularity against the Jets is a challenge even with the full complement of weapons. But with significant injuries at WR and a rookie QB.......Whew!!! Marrone and Hackett better have one helluva game plan.

Oh wait...we have 7-11!!! :rolleyes:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Gragg's big TD celebration in garbage time told me all I need to know about him. He believes he is a very short timer in the NFL so he went to great lengths to celebrate and save the TD football so he can show his kids someday, etc. His hands are terrible; he makes Chandler look like ProBowl. He'll be cut in the offseason never to be heard from again.

Really dude, c'mon man! Pretty sure anyone who scores their first TD in the NFL keeps the ball. As for his hands being terrible...what body of work do you draw that conclusion from? Pretty sure he was a beast in college aside from the knee injuries.

It's really going be a challenge if Stevie is out too.

I actually disagree, I think that both Thad and EJ tended to focus in on SJ and ignored the other receivers, and in part, might be responsible for both not seeing the open guys as well as the all-22 shows. IMO this is common for young QB's trying to find their place on the team. In my personal opinion this is the biggest obstacle for growth in rookie QB's. Guys like Luck, and Wilson throw to everyone, whoever is open, and not merely because they're the No 1. Wide-out. I could be wrong, but I saw several times last week where Goodwin and TJ were open, and the ball went to Stevie running a crossing pattern..

Ouch! :lol: Truthfully it's 1 WR and Graham, Hogan, and Easley

yeah, really. One receiver (Goodwin), one guy who runs around aimlessly (Graham), one guy is always open but only has 1 catch and a concussion (Hogan), and one guy who is a legend but only has 1 drop to his name (Easley).

Add in there a TE who got his first TD on a false start in garbage time, and some dude we picked up off the street yesterday, and I would say we are pretty set this Sunday.

(And if we lose, let's all ask for EJ's release).

I actually disagree, I think that both Thad and EJ tended to focus in on SJ and ignored the other receivers, and in part, might be responsible for both not seeing the open guys as well as the all-22 shows. IMO this is common for young QB's trying to find their place on the team. In my personal opinion this is the biggest obstacle for growth in rookie QB's. Guys like Luck, and Wilson throw to everyone, whoever is open, and not merely because they're the No 1. Wide-out. I could be wrong, but I saw several times last week where Goodwin and TJ were open, and the ball went to Stevie running a crossing pattern..

Cant agree...EJ's favorite target has been Woods. At any rate, EJ's going to have to go through his progressions to find the best available option. I think that's what we all want to see.

yeah, really. One receiver (Goodwin), one guy who runs around aimlessly (Graham), one guy is always open but only has 1 catch and a concussion (Hogan), and one guy who is a legend but only has 1 drop to his name (Easley).

Add in there a TE who got his first TD on a false start in garbage time, and some dude we picked up off the street yesterday, and I would say we are pretty set this Sunday.

(And if we lose, let's all ask for EJ's release).

Not a wonderful scenario going into the weekend. :unsure:

Significant enough that the excuses of " injuries "and "missing receivers he is comfortable with" won't be used?

A lot of the passing game is about timing. I don't think it was particularly helpful for EJ that Stevie didn't practice most of last week, then played in the game. By working with the same group of receivers throughout the week there's an opportunity to gain some chemistry and timing -- in effect, to "get comfortable" with this group. That's what I meant with my earlier statement.