What QB starts next week?

bowery4

Why are folks thinking it's out of the question for EJ to be back next week? As of today he is 5 1/2 weeks post injury -- an injury with a 4-6 week timeline for return. He has been rehabbing and began throwing last week. Even Dierdorf mentioned during the broadcast yesterday he wouldn't be surprised to see EJ in the lineup at Pittsburgh. No, he doesn't have "inside information" but he was talking with players and coaches as a part of his preparation to do the game.

I don't need to see him return. I would rather he be fully healthy and in the right mindset to make the start. He was iffy to even be a starter this season. Long term is the goal for Manuel. He does not have what Newton did as a starter, or Luck, RG3 or Wilson or Kaep had. He has a much more fundementally lacking game. Kaep would be the closest comparrison.

BTW. Newton reminds me of a mix of Culpepper, Rob Johnson and Kerry Collins.

I hope EJ, if he's healthy. He's been back to practice, is at the end of the original rehab prognosis

Other than that (if EJ can't)...I'm torn. I honestly don't think Thad makes that 101 yard pick six. Then again, I don't see him playing the way Tuel did in the first three quarters other than those two horrible picks. Of course, Thad showed that he can rise up when it counts in the forth quarter, sending the Bengals game into OT and pulling out a win in Miami and Tuel suddenly couldn't play for **** once the forth quarter rolled around.

Why are folks thinking it's out of the question for EJ to be back next week? As of today he is 5 1/2 weeks post injury -- an injury with a 4-6 week timeline for return. He has been rehabbing and began throwing last week. Even Dierdorf mentioned during the broadcast yesterday he wouldn't be surprised to see EJ in the lineup at Pittsburgh. No, he doesn't have "inside information" but he was talking with players and coaches as a part of his preparation to do the game.

The 4-6 week timeline was at time of the announcement, Oct 21st, which would be NY Jets game (4 weeks) or Atlanta (6 weeks) --- Marrone was asked about EJ postgame and said "not close" --- I've also read reports that he is going full speed on sidelines --- I suspect, the issue at this point isn't his ability to perform it's the concern he will reinjure himself with any hit -- i.e. the knee can't take another hit, yet

The 4-6 week timeline was at time of the announcement, Oct 21st, which would be NY Jets game (4 weeks) or Atlanta (6 weeks) --- Marrone was asked about EJ postgame and said "not close" --- I've also read reports that he is going full speed on sidelines --- I suspect, the issue at this point isn't his ability to perform it's the concern he will reinjure himself with any hit -- i.e. the knee can't take another hit, yet

I think that was in response to Thad actually

who do we want. Or who is it going to be? Which us the question?

Can we make it a poll?

I want to see another game with Tuel. But it will be Lewis

I don't want to make it a poll, sorry. I guess I was thinking who do we want but of course in that thought was who will start. If that makes any sense.

I honestly can't believe anyone would say they would "like to see Tuel out there next week". That's insane, pure and simple. I would not like to see a 4th string, UDFA, rookie, noodle arm, QB out there ever again.

Manuel > Thad > Flynn > Tuel

This week the Buffalo Bills will be game planning against Pittsburgh Steeler QB Ben Roethlisberger.

The Bills have nine weeks of film of Roethlisberger to review.

Who are the Pittsburgh Steelers going to game plan against in the Buffalo Bills? The Steelers don't even know which QB they are going to face Sunday. And if the Bills announce who will be the QB against the Steelers will there be a change by the end of the week?

Because the Bills are so completely screwed at the QB position it's the only reason why we appear to be in games.

Opposing defensive coordinators have nothing to game plan against.

But in the end, the Bills invariably LOSE the game!

Psh. You act as if opposing teams fear which below average QB the bills "select" each Sunday. Other teams do not care who plays QB for us, we do not have ONE QB on the roster who does anything exceptionally well that would require planning from an opposing defense.