Is Tom Brady in decline?

I agree with this, although I don't see how the Patriots can beat the Seahawks this year. I think they are the type of team that can exploit all of the Pats' weaknesses. Pats' best hope is for someone in the NFC to knock off the Seahawks first.

yup - beat even in a game that seattle should win, its at best what, they would take 2 out of 3?

this saints seahawks game next monday will be a big one - winner has control of the #1 seed in the nfc. saints then play 2 of the next 3 against carolina.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seattle may well be the best team in the NFL but, if anyone is going to beat them, it's very likely one that has a premiere QB who has the ability to put up a bunch of points. A team like NO, or the Broncos, or GB, or the Pats.

Seattle is definitely capable of losing in the playoffs, but they will have home field throughout and they will be very tough to beat there. On the other hand, as good as he is, Russell Wilson is still only a second year player and that could hurt them. If NE secures home field, which I think is possible if they win out, I don't see Denver going in there and beating them. In fact, I would not be surprised to see Denver lose its first game, again, just like last year.

Do you think they are incapable of doing so? This year, even?

Not this year, next year, or the year after that.

i have always found that naked pronouncements like this add so much to this forum, kind of like when someone "guaranties" that x will happen (i.e., Trent Richardson will become a star for the Colts or the 49ers will cut Alex Smith).

And when this proves to be true, what then?

Seattle is definitely capable of losing in the playoffs, but they will have home field throughout and they will be very tough to beat there. On the other hand, as good as he is, Russell Wilson is still only a second year player and that could hurt them. If NE secures home field, which I think is possible if they win out, I don't see Denver going in there and beating them. In fact, I would not be surprised to see Denver lose its first game, again, just like last year.

We'll get a very good feel for how things may end up shaping up in the NFC this upcoming weekend.

Edited by Pneumonic

I don!t know what this NFC talk has to do with Brady.

because we are discussing championship possibilities and beating the best team in the nfc is a big part of winning the super bowl.... and i dont think theres a two team combo in the afc that they couldnt reasonably beat if they are the 1-2 seed in the AFC?

Tom Brady will be through when he can!t get on the field without the help of a wheelchair.

Down 24-0 last night, but another win for the man.

The realities of todays game with the cap and free agency is no QB can go 16-0 +++SB.

Sure he will get beat once in a while, even by the Bills, but you know who wins the AFC East

every year don!t you and this from a Bills fan. So keep giving him the credit he deserves.

It's not just the cold, snowy and windy weather that negatively affects Peyton status as a top ever QB ..... it's also his penchant for disappearing and choking in the big game when the pressure is on that is seriously damning to him.

Great players perform at their best when the chips are down. This is when Peyton seems to prefer to check out!

I use to think like this about him. Till he won the Super Bowl. Also many of those games he lost to NE while with the Colts where hardly his fault. Some he did not play good at all.

I really think the weather effects his play more then any other great QB.

because we are discussing championship possibilities and beating the best team in the nfc is a big part of winning the super bowl.... and i dont think theres a two team combo in the afc that they couldnt reasonably beat if they are the 1-2 seed in the AFC?

yep.

After last night there is no team the Pats can not beat in the AFC. For sure if they get homefield. But i also think the Pats could go into Denver or KC and win. KC is average at best on Offense.

In the NFC unless Seattle is there in the SB i would go with Pats against most anyone else. If the Saints make it i would for sure load up on NE. I like the Saints more then NO from a class stand point but i will take Brady outside in the cold and wind over a dome team any day.

yep.

After last night there is no team the Pats can not beat in the AFC. For sure if they get homefield. But i also think the Pats could go into Denver or KC and win. KC is average at best on Offense.

In the NFC unless Seattle is there in the SB i would go with Pats against most anyone else. If the Saints make it i would for sure load up on NE. I like the Saints more then NO from a class stand point but i will take Brady outside in the cold and wind over a dome team any day.

especially if they hold up as a team with a bye - its simply two wins to get to the big game. my gut says they are at worst a coin flip against any of the AFC opponents (home or road, and denver would be the only one they would possibly have to travel to), leaving them about a 25% chance of winning both.

just from a playing the odds standpoint, they have a real shot at a ring. the nfc is a tougher bracket, and they only have to get by one of them.

if they got indy/cinci at home, and then denver (home or away) or anyone else home.... its no gimme, but its a real good chance.