All-22: Bills-Saints

l< j

Last week I tried to start a fresh, game-specific All-22 thread for the Dolphins game. In-thread responses were positive, but then many people still used the generic all-22 thread that now covers 7 games.

I'm going to try again. I'll post more links if I see them. We had some people doing their own analysis for a while. It would be good to get that going again.

When I watch live, I can't see this stuff. I admit I'm a 'follow the ball' guy. So this is helpful for me to know what is going on.

Buffalo Rumblings looks at the Bills D, focusing on the pass rush and how it affects the coverage behind. It looks at the fateful TD pass to Stills, too. EDIT: It's really about Hughes' role.

http://www.buffaloru...hes-in-coverage

Jeremy White at WGR looks at a bunch of plays, both D and O.

http://www.wgr550.co...Saints/17640797

kj

One says the holding call on Hughes was legit, the other says it was bogus. I guess the film doesn't reveal all of its secrets.

Edited by l< j

Good stuff. The main things I got from that:

- Thad needs to do a better job at recognizing the blitz and looking for the right hot read

- The WRs need to do a better job at recognizing a blitz and going to a hot route

- Our backup RBs (Choice, Summers) need to do a better job recognizing the blitz and picking up the right guy

- Chandler is a much better receiver than blocker

- Our offensive line is really not a big part of the problem

Most of those above are related to the younger, less experienced players. That will come with time, I think. I hope they get it together before Sunday.

What the hell was Williams doing on that first touchdown? In fact I blame him for that touchdown more so then give Brees credit.

And I don't know how Jeremy White can blame Thad for a couple of those sacks. The first one especially. The play action fooled no one and by the time he turned around there was a defender in his face.

Why anyone would care what a radio show host says about the X and Os is beyond me. What expertise are they bringing to the table? In most cases, especially this one, absolutely zero. Hockey Heaven baby!

Good stuff. The main things I got from that:

- Thad needs to do a better job at recognizing the blitz and looking for the right hot read

- The WRs need to do a better job at recognizing a blitz and going to a hot route

- Our backup RBs (Choice, Summers) need to do a better job recognizing the blitz and picking up the right guy

- Chandler is a much better receiver than blocker

- Our offensive line is really not a big part of the problem

Most of those above are related to the younger, less experienced players. That will come with time, I think. I hope they get it together before Sunday.

and likely a part of why we have seen very simple reads and options to routes that are safe - possibly instruction to take a safer throw vs banking on a guy to be where you expect etc....

we have a lot of moving pieces and not a lot of them that have earned full trust yet.