[closed]Winnable Games

Nasty

I was checking out the schedule and I think the next tree games going into the bye week are winnable, and the four coming out of the bye week are winnable giving us a chance for the playoffs if the Bills have any fight left in them. They will beet the Chiefs this week, mark my word...that will be the turning point of our season.

We got Tampa and jax towards the end. Those are almost gimme games. That would give us 5 wins right there. If we can squeek three more wins, we would have an 8-8 season and I would feel a lot better about next year. The steelers and falcons games are winnable but I wouldn't call them a lock.

Gotta get EJ, Spiller, Stevie, and Lawson healthy though. Those guys are important to us

The worst part of our schedule is over though.

I agree with you about the possibility of going 8-8 or possibly 7-9. The problem I see though is in execution. This team still has not really learned how to eliminate the mistakes that cause you to lose "winnable" games. We have already lost three such games. Could easily be 6-2 right now instead of 3-5. Let's hope they are learning from those early losses and can close out the games that they should win the rest of the way. If so, It could be a fun finish to the season.

I was thinking the same thing and hoping that last game against the Pats* would be a meaningful game. To me, the teams fighting for the second wild card are all about the same, including the Bills. I expect the Chiefs will implode after the Bills beat them Sunday and they finish 9-7.

I was checking out the schedule and I think the next tree games going into the bye week are winnable, and the four coming out of the bye week are winnable giving us a chance for the playoffs if the Bills have any fight left in them. They will beet the Chiefs this week, mark my word...that will be the turning point of our season.

I said something similar in another thread. A win this week and I say their chances of making the playoffs is better than 50%. I think the final WC spot will come down to 2nd place in the AFCE. Right now SD is 4-3, but they have a tough schedule.

This young team will start to get the breaks that it hasn't in the first half.

I was thinking the same thing and hoping that last game against the Pats* would be a meaningful game. To me, the teams fighting for the second wild card are all about the same, including the Bills. I expect the Chiefs will implode after the Bills beat them Sunday and they finish 9-7.

Don't the chiefs still have to play Denver and San Diego twice each? Right there, they'd be lucky to go 1-3.

KC is a lot better than you guys give them credit for. D is nasty. Charles can carve us up, and Alex Smith is smart with the ball. Yes we can beat them, but you are under estimating that team. They are the real deal...remind me a lot of the Ravens when they had Dilfer, but Alex Smith is a better than Dilfer and can run too.

Edited by Alphadawg7

KC is a lot better than you guys give them credit for. D is nasty. Charles can carve us up, and Alex Smith is smart with the ball. Yes we can beat them, but you are under estimating that team. They are the real deal...remind me a lot of the Ravens when they had Dilfer, but Alex Smith is a better than Dilfer and can run too.

win the turnover battle 2-0 or 3-1 and we can win. dont' and we can't. TL is too much of a liability back there. Like him as a backup, but not ready for prime time in the wind of the Ralph in late october and november

I think they are a very good football team, especially their defense, but I think the Bills have a very good chance of pulling off the upset. Don't underestimate home-field advantage. KC's away games were against Jax (worst D in the league), Philly (also a bottom tier D), and the Titans. KC's offense scored 17 points in that game (one TD came off a fumbled punt). This will be another tough, close game which will, once again, go to whoever gets luckier.

I am pretty sure the Bills will hold KC to 20 points or less; can they put up 20 or more? For me, the key to the game will be stopping Charles and KC's run game. So it's not that "we" underestimate them, rather the Bills have a good shot at upsetting them.