NFL Draft History By Team: Every Player Ranked

Fanatic24

This is sophmorish......

Its based on seasons they were the starter + points for pro bowl (highly subjective) + points for all pro + points for HOF

unsure how they score a starting season

If you are a team who regularly plays a 3 WR offense your 3rd WR is penalized. same true if you regularly use 3 CBs.

Buffalo have 2 quality RBs who they flip in CJ and freddir---ones rating will likely get hurt since they arent listed as starting both even though they both play alot.

If you use LBs for roles...like one is primarily a 1st/2nd down LB while another is mainly a 3rd down linebacker---the 3rd down linebacker is penalized.

Wow, just noticed we drafted Gary Anderson, then cut him to go to the Steelers and be part of the all 80's and all 90's teams. Also we drafted Marty Shottenheimer, stupid Al Cowlings (could only have been at OJ's request). And interestingly enough Paul Warfield except even his Wikipedia page doesn't explain how he went from us to the Browns. Can anyone here shed some light on that?

Wow, just noticed we drafted Gary Anderson, then cut him to go to the Steelers and be part of the all 80's and all 90's teams. Also we drafted Marty Shottenheimer, stupid Al Cowlings (could only have been at OJ's request). And interestingly enough Paul Warfield except even his Wikipedia page doesn't explain how he went from us to the Browns. Can anyone here shed some light on that?

It was the NFL vs. the AFL. Both leagues could draft the same players and it was the players choice where they would sign. Warfield chose the Browns.

If I remember right, Gary Andersen didn't want to play for the Bills so he tanked his training camp and got cut. It's always been a sore spot that we had such a good kicker and it worked out badly.

Warfield, Eller -- a couple of really good ones we lost to the NFL. But we beat out the NFL for Billy Shaw, still one of the all-time best Bills.

What's really depressing to me is to look at the last five years of drafts. A few players that start for the Bills but couldn't be backups elsewhere, and a lot of current shoe salesmen. If you want to know how to miss the playoffs since the last millenium, draft like that. This year the blind squirrel did well.

If I remember right, Gary Andersen didn't want to play for the Bills so he tanked his training camp and got cut. It's always been a sore spot that we had such a good kicker and it worked out badly.

Yes. Anderson missed EVERY FIELD GOAL he attempted for the Bills that pre-season. He had been vocal about his unhappiness being drafted by the Bills. It always cheeses me off whenever the Bills get criticized for cutting him.

In 1998 he had the only perfect regular season by a kicker in the history of the NFL. He made 46 field goals in a row and did not miss one that entire season. The Vikings went 15-1 and were a shoe-in for the Super Bowl.

It gave and still gives me huge satisfaction when his missed field goal against the Falcons in the playoffs, his first and only miss that year, cost the Vikings the game and a trip to the Super Bowl.

Karma is a B word, Gary!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-3DDFGvnII