Will our run D improve in the second half of the season?

billsfan_34

So I havent had a chance to rewatch any of the games. My hunch is our run defense will improve in the second half of the season as our secondary gets healthier. My gut tells me the safeties are not pinching up and are staying home to provide over the top support if needed. Has anyone seen this? During the games im so excited that I tend to miss the little things that make a huge difference. Whats your thoughts?

So I havent had a chance to rewatch any of the games. My hunch is our run defense will improve in the second half of the season as our secondary gets healthier. My gut tells me the safeties are not pinching up and are staying home to provide over the top support if needed. Has anyone seen this? During the games im so excited that I tend to miss the little things that make a huge difference. Whats your thoughts?

It depends on the health of Manny Lawson. When this guy is on the field, the run is pretty much stuffed. When he is off the field replaced by Nigel or Moats, pretty much any tom, dick or harry RB is able to slice through to the secondary.

It depends on the health of Manny Lawson. When this guy is on the field, the run is pretty much stuffed. When he is off the field replaced by Nigel or Moats, pretty much any tom, dick or harry RB is able to slice through to the secondary.

ive noticed that bradham is out of position ALOT

Health is important, but our run defense we'll improve when we can manage long scoring drives on offense. Buffalo is facing more run attempts than any other, because other teams are getting leads and buffalo's quick three and outs. Get a ten point lead, force a three and out, teams will change their approach.

Run D will definitely improve simply because of the quality of opponents coming down the stretch - teams like Atlanta, Tampa, and Jacksonville just don't run the ball well.

Then how did Miami run for ~120 yards last week?

Run D will definitely improve simply because of the quality of opponents coming down the stretch - teams like Atlanta, Tampa, and Jacksonville just don't run the ball well.

I agree that TB and Jax run the ball poorly, but Atlanta is about to get Stephen Jackson back from his hamstring injury, so I suspect the Falcons' run game will improve a fair bit when he returns to the line-up. Not good news for the Buffalo D-- I hope Lawson is over his own hammy by then......