Mesi a top 10 most popular athlete in US, soccer #2 popularity in US

John Adams

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In hockey, the net isn't 80 yards wide and 20 feet tall.

And a hockey puck is a hundredth the size of a soccer ball, moving at twice the speed, None of which changes my point, you intelligent and erudite poster whom we are fortunate to have here.

And a hockey puck is a hundredth the size of a soccer ball, moving at twice the speed, None of which changes my point, you intelligent and erudite poster whom we are fortunate to have here.

Exactly. Shots like this are so easy because the net is so big.

Aren't those even more reasons why it's easier to miss the net in hockey than in soccer??

I would say no. It is easier to control a smaller puck. Purely unscientific. Is it easier to play a video game on a smaller screen?

Sorry to take the side of soccer. The part I find cool is when the put the "curve ball" on it or bend it. That is the biggest trick and skill in the game, IMO.

There is added time chico.

I haven't heard that name/address in a ton of years!

LoL... Chico! LoL... That name brings back memories. My father used to call me that because I had the jet black hair and Freddie Prinze cut during the 1970's as a little boy! Thanks a lot "Chico and the Man!"

Wait a second, he was being racist, wasn't he? ;-) ;-)

(I know it means: Buddy, etc..)

:-)

There is added time chico.

It's still ridiculous. The added time is almost always 3 minutes no matter what happened during the half.

As I've said before, probably the biggest problem with the sport is that except for you and AJ, most everybody involved with the sport is a dbag! Bill Simmons had the funniest mailbag give and take about that issue!

I would say no. It is easier to control a smaller puck. Purely unscientific. Is it easier to play a video game on a smaller screen?

Sorry to take the side of soccer. The part I find cool is when the put the "curve ball" on it or bend it. That is the biggest trick and skill in the game, IMO.

Well, at least your consistent. :blink:

Here's what you said earlier in the thread:

I watched the Totti clip... No offense, it is like watching a kicker kick field goals. Yeah, they are scores and what not... "Bending it like Beckham"... Sure it takes skills, but, I really didn't find it amazing. Again, like watching a kicker score FG's from 30 yards out. The net is so damn big and the field too.

To each their own I guess.

It's still ridiculous. The added time is almost always 3 minutes no matter what happened during the half.

As I've said before, probably the biggest problem with the sport is that except for you and AJ, most everybody involved with the sport is a dbag! Bill Simmons had the funniest mailbag give and take about that issue!

thanks? lol

Well, at least your consistent. :blink:

Here's what you said earlier in the thread:

I watched the Totti clip... No offense, it is like watching a kicker kick field goals. Yeah, they are scores and what not... "Bending it like Beckham"... Sure it takes skills, but, I really didn't find it amazing. Again, like watching a kicker score FG's from 30 yards out. The net is so damn big and the field too.

To each their own I guess.

Cool is not amazing. There is still skill making it do tricks and that is pretty cool.

Ahhh...

I didn't watch the game, but I'm very happy for him. Very good finish.

He is a very hard worker. He is not a starter as Strootman/De Rossi and Pjanic are ahead of him but he will get playing time, especially next year if we qualify for Champions League or if any of the other three get hurt/suspended.

This team is on fire. 9 game winning streak, conceded 1 goal and scored 25. I wish the bills would have a run like this!

Edited by meazza

"One key demographic -- children ages 6 to 17 -- is conspicuously losing interest in the sport. According to the Wall Street Journal, kids accounted for 4.3 percent of the average audience for the ALCS and NLCS this year, down from 7.4 percent one decade ago. Kids made up about 4.6 percent of the World Series audience. That figure is lower than the number of kids in the 6-17 range who watch the NFL, NBA, NHL and the English Premier League.

Making the situation more troublesome for MLB is that fewer kids are playing Little League. Matthew Futterman of the Wall Street Journal notes that 2.1 million children played Little League baseball last year, down from 2.6 million in 1997."

From the thepostgame.com.

How many decades now have we been hearing that because of all the youth soccer players (who weren't good enough to play baseball where the light is on you - and instead blend in on a soccer field) that soccer was going to become sooooo popular in coming years and decades.

Why has it never happened?

There is a wide age range here, and yet there are about 5 guys who can give a rat's ass about professional soccer here.