Peter King ranks the Bills 13

King loves him some Kiko... didn't know he was a Bills fan, thought he was a Pats & Giants fan (from NJ, currently lives in Boston). He stays objective though, IMO. Actually, although the Jets beat the Bills, King is looking at it from a wider lens. The Jets have been involved in some BAD games where they looked horrendous. The Bills have not.

King loves him some Kiko... didn't know he was a Bills fan, thought he was a Pats & Giants fan (from NJ, currently lives in Boston). He stays objective though, IMO. Actually, although the Jets beat the Bills, King is looking at it from a wider lens. The Jets have been involved in some BAD games where they looked horrendous. The Bills have not.

I might be wrong about him being a Bills fan but I remember reading A LOT of his columns through the years where he backs the Bills when other reporters don't give us the time of day

This is the same Peter King who had Trent Edwards as his offensive MVP through the first quarter of the 2008 season.

Well,... he was legitimately in that conversation for that finite window of time.... then it unraveled for him

In some of the other rankings, does it bother anyone else that the teams we have beat are all ranked ahead of us? I don't get it. At least Peter King seems to get it. All of our games have come down to the last possession and we have showed that we can compete with any team out there. We aren't any easy win anymore and if overrated teams like NO and KC think they are going to walk all over us I think they will be surprised

In some of the other rankings, does it bother anyone else that the teams we have beat are all ranked ahead of us? I don't get it. At least Peter King seems to get it. All of our games have come down to the last possession and we have showed that we can compete with any team out there. We aren't any easy win anymore and if overrated teams like NO and KC think they are going to walk all over us I think they will be surprised

Yes, he is going by the "eye test" and not the record. He is forced to put KC 1st because they are the only undefeated team, but not sure they are the best team in the league. They are good - but this is essentially the same team that was the worst in the league one year ago. Clearly, changing HC and QB has major impact on a team especially when the new QB is a veteran and not a rookie. But Alex Smith got benched for a reason in SF and Reid got fired for a reason in Phil. Sooner or later, that will bear itself out.

In some of the other rankings, does it bother anyone else that the teams we have beat are all ranked ahead of us? I don't get it.

No, gotta look at body of work man. Especially when the Head-to-head game is a narrow win for the home team.

Good luck compiling a 1-32 list where nobody has lost to anyone below them.

He doesnt live in boston anymore...moved back to NJ.

He ranks teams based on a neutral field who he feels would win. Because the Jets beat the Bills in NY/NJ doesnt matter much since it was a close game.

He ranks teams based on a neutral field who he feels would win. Because the Jets beat the Bills in NY/NJ doesnt matter much since it was a close game.

Oh, didn't realize that. I used to read his MMQB column weekly when it was on SI.com and have wanted to check out his new microsite but just haven't had the time. I actually like his stuff, although it can be long-winded. I just skip to the parts that interest me. Edited by YoloInTheBlo

That is the big picture. The Bills have been in the game all season. Considering our youth and injury card I'd say we ain't too bad. If we can build on things and close out a few more, who knows we might go 7-9 and pick 12th. And given our schedule that would be an accomplishment.

He moved back to NYC not NJ. Fairly even keeled writer.

I don't think you need to love the Bills to love Kiko. Kiko is getting noticed around and is now doing the national circuit.

Kind of nice to see a 'National' guy giving the Bills a little respect.

King may also see the potential on this team, and want to be one of the first to say he saw it. IF the Bills can finish 8-8 or better, watch for a lot of love in the offseason. The Bills will be the 'darkhorse' or 'team on the rise' for next season.

Lets just hope Marrone keeps his guys focused and ready to play against N.O. If not this game will get ugly, and the Bills will have a blow out on their resume.

God, Peter King is the absolute worst. Refer to KSK Fun with Peter King if you're baffled by the comment.

So King didn't want KSK posting pics of his daughter? What father would?

I think his overall body of work is pretty solid. He's both interesting and reasonably informed.

Maybe it's a matter of expectation. I don't expect national media types to be experts in all 32 teams. They'll typically study the winning teams the most and develop a cursory familiarity with the rest of the NFL. King is no worse than his media brethren in that regard.

But he's better connected than most sportswriters. When a story starts to break, he'll often get on the phone and talk to someone with firsthand knowledge of the situation. I don't agree with all his opinions but I think he's good at what he does.

One thing people overlook is that all the Bills' games have been close. Yea, we are 3-4, but we were in them all right to the end. We've been bad for so long, it's tough for most of the national media to move us higher. We haven't been the usual easy win for teams. I like that PK recognizes us as being better. Hopefully others follow soon. It'll take time… And deservedly so.

One thing people overlook is that all the Bills' games have been close. Yea, we are 3-4, but we were in them all right to the end. We've been bad for so long, it's tough for most of the national media to move us higher. We haven't been the usual easy win for teams. I like that PK recognizes us as being better. Hopefully others follow soon. It'll take time… And deservedly so.

Yes, and when the Bills have started off strong in the past with 5-0 type starts and then fizzled out completely, the media has been burned by buying in. There is no reason to believe things are different until the Bills play a whole season with some kind of consistently good play. They have not done that in over a decade. They either start off well or finish of well but not both. If they can do that this year despite having a rookie QB plus losing him for 1/3 of the year then you will see more recognition as a team and not just the playmakers individually.

Denver/Seattle/SF/NO/GB

Giants/Bucs/Raiders

Vikings/Jags

You can almost draw 6-27 out of a hat. I might just bet the underdog in every game.

I agree, except Indy should also be at the front of the pack.

Yes, and when the Bills have started off strong in the past with 5-0 type starts and then fizzled out completely, the media has been burned by buying in. There is no reason to believe things are different until the Bills play a whole season with some kind of consistently good play. They have not done that in over a decade. They either start off well or finish of well but not both. If they can do that this year despite having a rookie QB plus losing him for 1/3 of the year then you will see more recognition as a team and not just the playmakers individually.

Spot on. We have always had flashes of excellence, but we can never maintain it throughout the season. Hopefully this is something Marrone can fix.