Bills Coaching oopsies this week

I think we should let the team know where the coaches made some errors, so I'll start: When we were punting with about 3:40 left in the 4th quarter, it took our team about 30 or more seconds to run the play. If you're down & trying to save clock, that's unacceptable.

When the Bills kicked the go ahead FG near the end of the 4th quarter, there was 34 seconds left on the clock to start & after the FG went through there was 33 seconds left. Talk about home field clock management advantage, Buffalo should of talked to the ref & had that checked as well.

I'm happy they won but the bigger blunder was at the end of the half time management again... seems like we say that every week.

Protect your lead at that point since you get the ball to start the 2nd half... instead 3 straight incomplete passes. Miami didn't have to use a single TO. Drive down the field and get a TD.

I'm happy they won but the bigger blunder was at the end of the half time management again... seems like we say that every week.

Protect your lead at that point since you get the ball to start the 2nd half... instead 3 straight incomplete passes. Miami didn't have to use a single TO. Drive down the field and get a TD.

Our clock prowess is poor at best, at all times & aspects of the game. We really need a clock consultant to come in & teach our coaches or hire someone to make things more obvious. I few seconds here & there is a game-changer, especially at the end of the halves.

I can only think of 1 set of plays....Before the half. Bad Coaching gave the Dolphins time to march down and score a TD. This isn't the first time the Bills don't run a good 2 minute drill.

You don't set up your opponent to potentially score before halftime, if you can control it.

They won a division game on the road with a quarterback who was on the practice squad three weeks ago, and this is what warrants discussion?

Dark days.

The Bills won which means we were perfect! We will never lose again!

Edited by FireChan

More like lack of execution. Try to score points? I'm on board with that

There are at least 6 "props to insert player" topics or "I like this player on my team." I think looking at some negatives as well as positives is a worthwhile discussion. You, however, do not.

I guess you weren't out of strawmen, after all, huh?

The posters here who find something negative about EVERY game are like beavers at the top of the Hancock Tower...no threat of flood, but you're going to build that dam anyway because it's what you do.

What were some of the positives you've pointed out about yesterday? Links would be nice.

Or, have you just commissioned yourself to offset every shred of positivity by pointing out all the negatives?

After close losses, do you find anything positive to talk about? Or can there be no positive because it's a loss?

I can only think of 1 set of plays....Before the half. Bad Coaching gave the Dolphins time to march down and score a TD. This isn't the first time the Bills don't run a good 2 minute drill.

Yeah, this was the one series that really bugged me. I won't say that clock management has outright cost the Bills a game just yet, but it is troublesome that there seemed to be no concern for what would happen if they went three and out at that point...calling three consecutive pass plays preserved the clock for Miami... instead of putting our foot on the throats at that point, we gave the Dolphins life... for no reason. I am not sure if this is Marrone, or Hackett, but it was a very curious set of plays...when there is 8 minutes left, it might not be as big a deal... strategy and play calling are that much more important inside the the last 3 minutes of a half.

Yeah, this was the one series that really bugged me. I won't say that clock management has outright cost the Bills a game just yet, but it is troublesome that there seemed to be no concern for what would happen if they went three and out at that point...calling three consecutive pass plays preserved the clock for Miami... instead of putting our foot on the throats at that point, we gave the Dolphins life... for no reason. I am not sure if this is Marrone, or Hackett, but it was a very curious set of plays...when there is 8 minutes left, it might not be as big a deal... strategy and play calling are that much more important inside the the last 3 minutes of a half.

And if they would have run out the clock, there'd be criticism aplenty for being conservative.

I think we should let the team know where the coaches made some errors, so I'll start: When we were punting with about 3:40 left in the 4th quarter, it took our team about 30 or more seconds to run the play. If you're down & trying to save clock, that's unacceptable.

When the Bills kicked the go ahead FG near the end of the 4th quarter, there was 34 seconds left on the clock to start & after the FG went through there was 33 seconds left. Talk about home field clock management advantage, Buffalo should of talked to the ref & had that checked as well.

the first i agree with, the second i assume was correct and couldve been a cbs flub, or something until shown otherwise. when they came back from commercial it had an extra 3 seconds added.

And if they would have run out the clock, there'd be criticism aplenty for being conservative.

on the road in the division with a long field and an offense not playing great with a 3rd string qb and both feature backs a beat dinged up and miami gaining momentum, im sure some would say that, but most would likely agree that getting into the locker room was the better call. if you break a long run, go with it, but no need to be aggressive there.

I guess you weren't out of strawmen, after all, huh?

The posters here who find something negative about EVERY game are like beavers at the top of the Hancock Tower...no threat of flood, but you're going to build that dam anyway because it's what you do.

What were some of the positives you've pointed out about yesterday? Links would be nice.

Or, have you just commissioned yourself to offset every shred of positivity by pointing out all the negatives?

After close losses, do you find anything positive to talk about? Or can there be no positive because it's a loss?

Me or posters? Because I pointed out how our defense won us the game with big plays, but with the addendum that we can't rely on that kind of performance. I praised Robey in the "game ball" thread because he won us that game with an early pick six to allow us to shatter the Phins confidence in the first half. I have praised Thad to the point of being better than EJ and gotten massacred for it. I guess I'm just too positive sometimes.

I have not been negative in coaching decisions nearly as much as our offense's lack of sustaining drives, but I can see how someone would criticize the coaches for what they perceive as blunders. And you seemingly cannot. I don't know what else to tell ya.

Buftex the bolded contradicts itself. We certainly could have put on foot on their throats by scoring there and then again to begin the second half. That is the exact reason teams like to defer the kickoff. Now the execution otoh...

Just like going for it on 4th down last week. Whatever the outcome someone would be against the decision...

There are at least 6 "props to insert player" topics or "I like this player on my team." I think looking at some negatives as well as positives is a worthwhile discussion. You, however, do not.

I agree. Except you NEVER look at the positive. Everything from you is negative. Try being positive. Embrace Mario's exceptional 4th quarter, or Stevie's extra effort on that 3rd down play to extend our drive, or Fred and CJ gutting it out when they were clearly injured, or the team in general for continuing to put up 20 points a game, or Carpenter for continuing an excellent season, or the d standing up with 30 seconds after the special teams almost gave it away again.

There are negatives. The defense is giving up 20 a game which needs to be corrected. Special teams is atrocious.

There ARE 2 sides why don't you try being positive for once and tell me it doesn't feel good. ;)

Edit: I will self edit and say apparently you have had a couple of examples of being positive. Doesn't it feel much better? Change your name and embrace all of the good things that are going on with the Bills!

Edited by section122

the first i agree with, the second i assume was correct and couldve been a cbs flub, or something until shown otherwise. when they came back from commercial it had an extra 3 seconds added.

on the road in the division with a long field and an offense not playing great with a 3rd string qb and both feature backs a beat dinged up and miami gaining momentum, im sure some would say that, but most would likely agree that getting into the locker room was the better call. if you break a long run, go with it, but no need to be aggressive there.

I agree with both sides. Which is why you will rarely find me bitching endlessly about "coaching."

I Believe there wouldn't be. We were up 10 at the time. In the past I remember getting pissed for being too conservative when we were losing by 10. But now that we are winning by 10 on the road and getting the ball back. Never would I be upset about 3 runs and using 2-3 timeouts by the Dolphins.

I think we should let the team know where the coaches made some errors, so I'll start:

pssst...(1) posting on this board is not "letting the team know" (2) no one with the Bills cares what you noticed.

Not trying to get in a flame war, but you are so constantly negative it's ridiculous. We won, on the road, with a backup QB, against a division rival. Try enjoying it a little.

Me or posters? Because I pointed out how our defense won us the game with big plays, but with the addendum that we can't rely on that kind of performance. I praised Robey in the "game ball" thread because he won us that game with an early pick six to allow us to shatter the Phins confidence in the first half. I have praised Thad to the point of being better than EJ and gotten massacred for it. I guess I'm just too positive sometimes.

I have not been negative in coaching decisions nearly as much as our offense's lack of sustaining drives, but I can see how someone would criticize the coaches for what they perceive as blunders. And you seemingly cannot. I don't know what else to tell ya.

Again, I understand coaching blunders when I see one. And our team, like every other team, at every other level of football, has made some this year.

But I don't go looking for them, like some posters here. I don't frame EVERY short coming of the team as a coaching mistake, like some posters here. And I don't blow coaching mistakes out of proportion, like some posters here.

Again, I understand coaching blunders when I see one. And our team, like every other team, at every other level of football, has made some this year.

But I don't go looking for them, like some posters here. I don't frame EVERY short coming of the team as a coaching mistake, like some posters here. And I don't blow coaching mistakes out of proportion, like some posters here.

I'm sorry, does mitchmurray do that? I actually don't know. If he's crusading, I apologize.

Even if he does, he kept it civil and reasonable in this topic. He didn't say fire Marrone or anything. Or "this coaching staff sucks." So what if other teams make mistakes, this is a Bills forum. We want our team to be perfect. If Pete Carrol messes up his clock management, I really don't care.

Edited by FireChan