ESPN NATION: QB Watch...Bills

I thought of exactly this when they panned to Thad and Tuel high-fiving on the sidelines. I didn't see EJ there and was hoping that the reason I didn't see him was because he was up in the booth!

Yep, he will be sitting next to Hackett for the games he is not playing. Good move.

Chances are higher then not Thad hasn't tommy maddox'd yet. But while the fires still going why not stoke it.

Everyone has said EJ is more likely to be a 2-3 yr investment. Even last year with RG3 and Kaep and Wilson. They're regressing to their average while Luck cotinues to improve aand warranting his #1 selection. Going back further and looking at Newton he is just now starting to round the curve from the nose dive he took last year. And improving steadily. However the benefits of the downfall are that you can better see the ceiling. Its not as high with RG3 this year and anyone who can't see that doesn't know football. RG3 won't have the career they thought he would have last year. And the same is said for Wilson and Kaep. Theyve become more grounded by the experts saying they are HOF types.

I've said it before, and I'll continue to say it... these running QBs that seem all the rage lately don't last long in the NFL. They either get injured or defenses game plan to shut their running down. When either happens, they have to pass. Problem is, they never developed the ability to really pick a defense apart passing because they've relied on running out of their problems.

One of the greatest running QBs of all time, Vick, has how many playoff wins? Super Bowls? Bottom line, if you want a consistently good team winning in the play offs, you need a pocket passer. I truly hope Marrone and Hacket know this and don't forgo quick flashes of success and highlights for what all really good teams need - a true passing QB.

The biggest difference between Thad and EJ to me thus far is that Thad threw a couple nice deep balls. I have yet to see EJ make those deep ball throws with the accuracy Thad displayed. I am by no means saying EJ can not make them. If anything i am saying i believe we caught a glimpse of how potent this O can be once our QB, whoever it is, can make every throw. The Bills have two deep threats on the team in Graham and Goodwin. Two very good WR's in SJ and Woods and a servicable TE in Chandler. With upgrades at OG and TE this O should put up points in bunches if the QB can become an accurate passer.

I want EJ to be the guy. I understand the Bills invested a first round pick in him. But if for some reason Thad only gets better then what we saw on Sunday, you have to go with him. What if Belichick had only seen Brady as a 6th rounder?

Yet it's fair for EJ to lose the job to injury. Or are you really suggesting Manuel has "lost it on his own" after five games as a starter, in a year that the team may well not have planned on having him start?

This is nuts.

slow down, and don't assume I'm saying somthing I'm not. I see EJ as the long term answer. But he has two knee injuries in four weeks, and has struggled throwing down field.

I haven't said Thad IS anything. I do recognize that he has started two games on short notice, and against good defenses and played well. IF he continues that trend, than yes... EJ can lose his job to injury -its the NFL.

I'm not prognostitating anything. I just would like the QB I think is going to win today in.

...However the benefits of the downfall are that you can better see the ceiling. Its not as high with RG3 this year and anyone who can't see that doesn't know football. RG3 won't have the career they thought he would have last year. And the same is said for Wilson and Kaep. Theyve become more grounded by the experts saying they are HOF types....

Fantastic. And EJ was drafted to model their success. Not good.

Fantastic. And EJ was drafted to model their success. Not good.

EJ is a QB who needs to develop. He is not a flash in a pan QB, he is a developing work in progress which is why he sank in the draft. We all knew this. He is raw and we hope he will progress to NFL calibre in his career.