Lewis Beat out "elite" QB's yesterday

Wattdogg35

Not that fantasy has to do with wins or losses, but he had the 5th most fantasy points out of 30 Qb's so far. He beat Brees, Brady, Manning, Rogers, Russell Wilson, Flacco, Kaepernick etc...not bad for a Practice Squad QB!

Thats why I dont play fantasy football anymore, I will take both Breese and Brady performance over most other yesterday as BOTH led their teams for late TD Scores.

Not that fantasy has to do with wins or losses, but he had the 5th most fantasy points out of 30 Qb's so far. He beat Brees, Brady, Manning, Rogers, Russell Wilson, Flacco, Kaepernick etc...not bad for a Practice Squad QB!

Also beat Alex Smith - the QB I picked up in fantasy because Matt Ryan was on a bye...I seriously thought about picking Lewis up to fill in for the week - Would have won my match if I had! :(

Fantasy football is a joke. To be fair players should get points if there team wins.

It is an amusing past-time that forces fans in a good way to pay attention to teams they normally wouldn't. It's fun to go up against your friends and to aim to win a few bucks at the end of the season.

If we really want to get philosophical, football is a joke. I mean what's the point in the grand scheme of life?

It's fun, that's the point.

Thats why I dont play fantasy football anymore, I will take both Breese and Brady performance over most other yesterday as BOTH led their teams for late TD Scores.

I'm pretty sure, down 14, with 8 mins left in the game and tying it up to force OT is "leading your team back"....Not his fault they called run, run, pass and went backwords in OT.

It is an amusing past-time that forces fans in a good way to pay attention to teams they normally wouldn't. It's fun to go up against your friends and to aim to win a few bucks at the end of the season.

If we really want to get philosophical, football is a joke. I mean what's the point in the grand scheme of life?

Well said, fantasy football is a fun hobby that isn't for everyone. It also helps me stay in touch with friends and family all over the country. If I have players playing against the Bills I still start them but I am not upset if they get 0 points and the Bills win.

Bills wins>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>fantasy football wins.

Well said, fantasy football is a fun hobby that isn't for everyone. It also helps me stay in touch with friends and family all over the country. If I have players playing against the Bills I still start them but I am not upset if they get 0 points and the Bills win.

Bills wins>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>fantasy football wins.

I almost always start a Bill.

I'm pretty sure, down 14, with 8 mins left in the game and tying it up to force OT is "leading your team back"....

Good posting here in response to token nose in the air "I'm a real football fan who cares about wins" guy.

It's funny how obvious it is that this thread started on the main board.

I don't think anyone needs to preface anything by saying Brady is better than Thad freaking Lewis, but just in case we do lets go ahead and do that...

Strictly in the "clutch, help your team win" category for Oct. 13th - two 4th Qtr TD drives to force OT vs an elite defense are somehow less impressive than a miraculously given 3rd chance (which was so unlikely that the building cleared out after the 1st failed chance) with 2min's left after a turnover on downs and int. Umm sure ok.

Of course to be fair Brady had to put up with scrub rookies with all the injuries while Lewis was throwing to perennial Pro Bowl Vet Marquis Goodwin.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.