vText disabled!!!

Corp000085

I have a big problem with this.

I have a smart phone and the app but I generally keep my data turned off because I don't need it. Even when on I discontinue background data to control the data and manage my battery.

This means I will not get breaking info.

stinks to be you

Jw it is a background data app. If your background data is enabled it will get the push notifications. Otherwise you may have to actively be using the app. You can set your phone to push certain apps and data but I am not sure the Bills App will have this option

Its a terrible idea.

got an iphone. and i'm also an old codger. what does "push notifications" mean?

and where do i find them?

all i have in "Notifications Settings" is "Team News: ON."

this seems to be a silly, overthought, overburdened waste of time that is meant for "fans" to spend time logging on to their site. i could be wrong, but it strikes me as a cash grab and response to the text lawsuit they encountered last year.

jw

this seems to be a silly, overthought, overburdened waste of time that is meant for "fans" to spend time logging on to their site. i could be wrong, but it strikes me as a cash grab and response to the text lawsuit they encountered last year.

jw

You should be getting the text messages then.

The Bills app doesn't have to be "on", the texts get pushed in the background.

Check your General settings: Notification Center: ACCES ON LOCK SCREEN - Notifications View and Today View should be "ON" (green slider showing on the left of the button).

jw

a push notification is... like a little text of data that goes to the app and then the app brings up the info. If you play some games on your phone the app may send you a notice saying the game has reached full regeneration for a player. Or with WGR, when open and push enabled, will send messages with the WGR icon. If you have push bullet, same thing. Its basically the app sending you a message.

jw

Go to your settings for your iPhone(the one that looks like a cog); then go into Notification Centre, if you scroll down you'll see a list of Apps that have the ability to have "push notifications." Click on the Bills app; Make sure your "Alert Style" is set to Banners or Alerts, Then just make sure you have "Show On Lock Screen" turned on.

It's worth checking to see if you enabled the Bills App to use mobile data. To check, go back into your main Settings area and open the "Mobile" menu. If you scroll down you'll see a list of Apps and if they are turnged on, that means they have access to mobile data.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Thanks, folks. I think I've got it. Got a buzzing sound this morning when Bills announced the game had sold out.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to change that to something louder.

I hate change, sometimes.

jw

Settings: Sounds: scroll down to RINGER AND ALERTS. Adjust the volume to where you like it.

Scroll down further to Text Tone: make a selection. Might I suggest one for you from the Classic submenu? Sherwood Forest is a nice choice, if I do say so myself. That will raise an eyebrow or two if it happens at the next presser you're covering. :ph34r:

Edited by Nanker

Thanks, folks. I think I've got it. Got a buzzing sound this morning when Bills announced the game had sold out.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to change that to something louder.

I hate change, sometimes.

jw

BTW, smack your editors when you get a chance.

How do they go from "Receiver Stevie Johnson and cornerback Stephon Gilmore are expected to be game-time decisions this week, Bills coach Doug Marrone said Friday." to "Bills WR Johnson, CB Gilmore might miss Bengals" ???

BTW, smack your editors when you get a chance.

How do they go from "Receiver Stevie Johnson and cornerback Stephon Gilmore are expected to be game-time decisions this week, Bills coach Doug Marrone said Friday." to "Bills WR Johnson, CB Gilmore might miss Bengals" ???

It seems obvious to me how they reached that conclusion

Settings: Sounds: scroll down to RINGER AND ALERTS. Adjust the volume to where you like it.

Scroll down further to Text Tone: make a selection. Might I suggest one for you from the Classic submenu? Sherwood Forest is a nice choice, if I do say so myself. That will raise an eyebrow or two if it happens at the next presser you're covering. :ph34r:

for those of you like me and were wondering what it sounds like...