Hopkins to the IR

SBUffalo

Honestly, they should've IR'd him two or three weeks ago when it became clear that Carpenter was pretty good. They could've used the roster spot for a DB or OG.

They have Burton on the roster. If a better player was available he would have been an easy cut and no one would have missed him. They needed a roster spot now and IR'd Hopkins. Who was available 2-3 weeks ago that you wanted to pick up? BTW they just picked up a G and Legursky is back.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doug Marrone just announced that kicker Dustin Hopkins has been placed on the IR.

I'll be surprised if there isn't a grievance filed by the PA.

Yet another brilliant move by this coaching staff ?? Why not do that weeks ago ? Man it just keeps getting better !!!

Yet another brilliant move by this coaching staff ?? Why not do that weeks ago ? Man it just keeps getting better !!!

I wouldn't blame this on the staff at all. They didn't know how long a hamstring on a kicker would take. No one would. They certainly didn't expect Carpenter to hit 9-10. No one would. This is about Carpenter being great so far and not as much about the injury. Hopkins started kicking FGs in practice last week but couldn't kickoff.

I wouldn't blame this on the staff at all. They didn't know how long a hamstring groin on a kicker would take. No one would. They certainly didn't expect Carpenter to hit 9-10 11-12. No one would. This is about Carpenter being great so far and not as much about the injury. Hopkins started kicking FGs in practice last week but couldn't kickoff.

Fixed.

And when I say hamstring, of course I mean groin. ;)

we knew that.

No worries .

I agree with the situation as you see it.

Referring to post 63. of course Kelly

and then a tip of the hat on #64 for via the inimitable 26Corner Blitz weighting your argument

we knew that.

No worries .

I agree with the situation as you see it.

Referring to post 63. of course Kelly

and then a tip of the hat on #64 for via the inimitable 26Corner Blitz weighting your argument

I agree with everything he said. Just made a couple of edits for factual correctness with the numbers buttressing the case for Carpenter even further as you're intimating. :thumbsup:

By placing him on the IR without him having a real season-ending injury, the Bills are taking away an opportunity for him to showcase his abilities that he would've likely had a chance to do if he weren't on the IR. There have been cases like that before.

The only reason I think they might not file a grievance is because Hopkins might not want to get into a legal fight as a rookie. Might just ride out the season quietly and get back at it this offseason.

Opportunity to showcase his abilities?

A nerdy rookie kicker?

Grievance? While real men are risking head trauma and they are playing soccer with helmets on making millions.

I don't think so...