Did TD make the right decision

KurtGodel77

Did TD's trade for Drew make sense, or should he have stuck with Johnson?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Did TD's trade for Drew make sense, or should he have stuck with Johnson?

• He should have traded for Drew
    • He should have stuck with Johnson & saved himself a first round pick

trading for Drew was good at the time, we needed someone to re-energize the franchise...i dont have any issues with us having Bledsoe, but honestly, its time to move on...its like the end of a relationship, its time to end it, but you dont regret the time spent in it...

It was at the time..reguardless on what anybody here or elsewhere says or believes to be true..I believed at the time that bledsoe was the answer, and so did thousands of other bills fans..AT THE TIME..and as the right of the fans, we changed our minds because he's not performing to what we thought he could do..

The trade for Bledsoe was a good one, and it helped us more than it hurt us, I think. Especially when you look at how it effected how FAs viewed our franchise. With no Bledsoe, we might not have been able to lure Sam Adams, Lawyer Milloy and even Takeo Spikes.

That said, it's also a good idea to realize when Bledsoe has doneall he can for us here and it's time to move on.

Trading for Drew was the best scenerio of the time. I'd say it was a better move than giving up a 1st and 4th for Rob Johnson. Atleast Drew had more than 3 starts of experience.

207652[/snapback]

Those draft picks were already gone by the time TD had to make the decision about what to do at QB. There weren't a whole lot of free agent QBs in the market after the 2001. Those guys either had the reputation of being journeymen (Kitna, Blake), or were unknowns (Delhomme). Had TD waited a year at QB, he could have used his 2003 first round pick to replace Johnson.

Drew Bledsoe????

207656[/snapback]

I have not always agreed with you, but I always thought that you were a smart and accomplished person and have respected you.

I still do, but I will tell you point blank that comparing Drew to Blake is pure stupidity. It serves to diminish the validity of of any of your hate posts, and even exposes them as such.

Bro, it is not to late to retract this stupid analogy in terms of talent, the role Drew played in fan interest, and keeping the team in WNY, etc.

Having a rough day?

<_<  :)  :)

THANK YOU, MORT!!! :D

207685[/snapback]

Actually no. I am fine, thank you very much.

I am all for Drew taking a cut. I just dont hate him, nor do I live my life obsessed with him. I also fail to blame him for all that is wrong on the Bills nor the world.

How are you doing?

Actually no. I am fine, thank you very much.

I am all for Drew taking a cut. I just dont hate him, nor do I live my life obsessed with him. I also fail to blame him for all that is wrong on the Bills nor the world.

How are you doing?

207691[/snapback]

11 more minutes and I'll be GREAT!!! <_<

I protest this poll.  You left out the option of signing an FA QB.  That would have been my choice.

PTR

207713[/snapback]

Noted. But the problem with the FA option is that it encourages too much hindsight. I don't remember anyone on these boards arguing for Jake Delhomme at the time. Instead, it was guys like Doug Johnson, Jeff Blake, and others who haven't done anything in the ensuing years.