Quarterback Sneak?

Gasjuggler

When you have a 6'5", 240 lb QB and one of the 2 or 3 best centers in football, the QB sneak should be a staple of your short-yardage game.

Not sure why they won't use it...

I don't get it either...and it's not just the Bills, it's across the league.

Last night on Miami's first drive they had 3d and inches in the red zone. Announcers blathering on and on about Tannehill being a great runner, former WR, etc. and what does Miami call? Off tackle play that loses 2 yards. Tannehill gets that first down 9 out of 10 times.

When you have a 6'5", 240 lb QB and one of the 2 or 3 best centers in football, the QB sneak should be a staple of your short-yardage game.

Not sure why they won't use it...

when colin brown is getting blown up with ease regularly, perhaps they are worried about it.... though it doesnt seem to stop them from running right behind he or young in short yardage.

when colin brown is getting blown up with ease regularly, perhaps they are worried about it.... though it doesnt seem to stop them from running right behind he or young in short yardage.

If it truly is a concern, then do what smart teams do when they sneak and go quick count; just goose the center and go...you know the snap count, they don't.

If it truly is a concern, then do what smart teams do when they sneak and go quick count; just goose the center and go...you know the snap count, they don't.

understand, just spitballing a team specific reason they might not go that route. with brady, i feel like he often slides through some of those cracks instead of simply plowing behind a guy. if those cracks are getting closed and you arent getting a great push they might hesitate to make the call thinking itll get stopped, or EJ might pull the super rookie move of reaching the ball out and getting stripped... i really dont have a good answer, just floating possible discussion points that may have come up for them on short yardage philosophy.

Hey Nate..good to hear from you...... One question though, have you not heard of a "screen" also?

Yeah, I've got them on my windows keeps the bugs out.

Why would you run forward when you need an inch when you could hand it off 7 yards in the backfield and lose yards?

I think Fitz converted on 4th and 1 almost every time he attempted a sneak. If he can do it, EJ can do it. The Bills need to use it more.

Fitz is tougher than half the starting QBs including Cam ( I said tougher not stronger). He would give hits to defense linemen,

Give EJ time to heal and learn when to decide to go for it full body.

• 2 weeks later...

Sneak it on 3rd and 4th and goal at the 1? We get that TD we win

You are down to the bottom of the barrel on QB's not sure I would risk an injury to our PS QB on a sneak when Freddy is usually gold for a 1 yard carry. If I recall correctly it was a QB sneek that ended Drew Brees's career in San Deigo... Just sayin

Edited by fan_in_tx

You are down to the bottom of the barrel on QB's not sure I would risk an injury to our PS QB on a sneak when Freddy is usually gold for a 1 yard carry. If I recall correctly it was a QB sneek that ended Drew Brees's career in San Deigo... Just sayin

1) the Pats run sneaks every game with Brady. If he can do it we can do it

2) we run the read option which allows for big hits on our QB's

3) you don't get hit if you stay low and push behind the 300 pound guys blocking for you

Sneak it on 3rd and 4th and goal at the 1? We get that TD we win

We don't "win" because the game could swing any way after that point. Yes it would have given us an advantage but one play in the first half doesn't determine the outcome.

1) the Pats run sneaks every game with Brady. If he can do it we can do it

2) we run the read option which allows for big hits on our QB's

3) you don't get hit if you stay low and push behind the 300 pound guys blocking for you

A QB can hurt an ankle or knee if he gets sat on by any of the linemen, BUT I agree you gotta try it once in a while.