DON'T take the pay cut Drew...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But has your hero JP proven that he can even play in Canada? Answer: No.

All he proved in 04 is that he can throw a pick and get injured when a small defender touches him in some slight way.

207695[/snapback]

JP isn't my hero, Bill. He's unproven. My position is ABD. " Anyone But Drew " . It's just time for a change away from a QB with obvious eroding skills to someone who can help us take the next step. It may be JP, it may be someone esle.

It definitely isn't Drew.

JP isn't my hero, Bill. He's unproven. My position is ABD. " Anyone But Drew " . It's just time for a change away from a QB with obvious eroding skills to someone who can help us take the next step. It may be JP, it may be someone esle.

207841[/snapback]

"Anybody but Drew" may be nice in principle...but in practice, it meant Matthews or Losman this past season, and is a de facto vote of support for either (or both) above Bledsoe. As for the following season...who's available that you'd put in for Bledsoe? I've heard Kitna's name bantered about...I'd take him over Bledsoe, barely, but is there really that much talent available out there that the Bills could pick up, plug in, and get an improvement in offensive performance over having Bledsoe back there?

207841[/snapback]

Likewise I don't hate Drew, but I think you have to have blinders on to not see that Drew cannot handle pressure, be it blitzing LBs or winning games that matter against good teams. This is settled beyond any doubt and the Bills' braintrust is coming around to acknowledge the painfully obvious.

I hope Bledsoe does NOT re-negotiate and takes the roster cut on 3/1...

Then he can go start for another team (Dallas looks REALLY good right now) and

play where they can use his rocket arm and not this dink and dunk offense...

DON'T TAKE THE PAY CUT DREW!!! YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO TAKE IT!!!

207413[/snapback]

I agree 100%.

The guy should NOT have to take a paycut... that is a slap in the face..

I mean, the guy Ranked 18th in Total Passing Yards this year.

14th in Total passing Touchdowns... 20th in Total Pass Completions: 256...

I mean, realy. 18th, 14th, and 20th in the three big catergories.

Why in the world would he take a paycut... ???

Let's go deeper. He had a 76.6 QB rating. That is worth at LEAST 6 million a year. . .

Oh, and he was only sacked 38 times...

$5.75 Million is fair for all that.

Stick to your guns Drew.

We Love you!!!

"Anybody but Drew" may be nice in principle...but in practice, it meant Matthews or Losman this past season, and is a de facto vote of support for either (or both) above Bledsoe.  As for the following season...who's available that you'd put in for Bledsoe?  I've heard Kitna's name bantered about...I'd take him over Bledsoe, barely, but is there really that much talent available out there that the Bills could pick up, plug in, and get an improvement in offensive performance over having Bledsoe back there?

207862[/snapback]

I'm not talking about the past, just the future. I have stated repeatedly that DB should have been the starter for 2004, given our roster. Bledsoe returning in 2005 as our starter would be great news, for our opponents only. He doesn't fit here and is easy to Defense.

I'll just let the off-season run it's course and see how " Devoted " Mularkey, TD and Co. are to Drew. I'm betting Mularkey sees DB the same way Belichick sees him. A QB that limits everything he wishes to do and kills the confidence of the roster, plus jeopardizes his own job security.

I'm not talking about the past, just the future. I have stated repeatedly that DB should have been the starter for 2004, given our roster. Bledsoe returning in 2005 as our starter would be great news, for our opponents only. He doesn't fit here and is easy to Defense.

I'll just let the off-season run it's course and see how " Devoted " Mularkey, TD and Co. are to Drew. I'm betting Mularkey sees DB the same way Belichick sees him. A QB that limits everything he wishes to do and kills the confidence of the roster, plus jeopardizes his own job security.

207950[/snapback]

And Moulds is just wishing the Bills install a QB who will hit him in his hands instead of his backside as he sprints toward the endzone.

207950[/snapback]

Let me try putting this another way, then: if you want to get rid of Drew, you should be able to provide a viable alternative at the position.

That's one of the reasons that, while I'd rather see Bledsoe gone, I don't hyperventilate at the thought of him staying. I don't reasonably see Losman as ready to start...and don't see anyone else available who's an upgrade, frankly. Of course, there's those that would say I'm wrong for not seeing that anybody is better than Drew. Sorry...I've watched Sage Rosenfels play, and I know that there's QBs out there substantially worse...

I really, really hope Bledsoe takes a stand and refuses to take another pay cut and forces the Bills to release him. I know nobody at One Bills Drive or Two Bills Drive wants that but Bledsoe deserves all the money he is owed and he owes it to himself to not back down. Someone tell Drew that he is worth $6 million and he shouldn't take a penny less from the Bills and if they release him he will be just as good somewhere else..........

Where is the sarcasm button on this thing...........

Considering what Drew has been paid and what his production has been on the field, he shoud probably play for a season gratis. Seriously, I think it's perfectly fair for the Bills to make that request of Drew's camp. JI am not generally a big Drew basher, but neither will I refrain from criticism when ther is something to criticize. Frankly, he has not earned a big time salary in Buffalo, and if he stays the Bills need to take some of that money and plow it back into strengthening other positions, like the offensive line.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Drew limits the offensive coordinaters calls in so many ways, it's not even funny. Think about what I just typed for a minute. Imagine a qb who could escape a rush just a little bit more than Drew. Imagine a mobile, younger qb who could run a play that had to deal with rolling out to the left or the right. Imagine a qb who could drop back to pass faster than 4 seconds. Their hands are tied with this guy and it limits what they can do on offense.

Seriously I've watched all the tapes over the past 3 years since Bledsoe's stint in Buffalo began and the guy IS getting worse. He's slower than ever and his decision making is slow and bad. And it is getting worse. Put yourself in the oline coaches shoes or the o coordinaters shoes for a minute and try to imagine drawing up a game plan for someone who is as regulated as Drew has been in the pocket. I look back at 2004 and realize that the success came from four things this year. The oline, Willis, special teams and our defense.

Now should Drew take a paycut? Absolutely. He's not worth the 6 milion he's scheduled to make. Consider other qb 's in the league right now who are making just as much or if not more, then evaluate their performance compared to Drew. It's really simple if you are investing THIS much in a qb you expect positive results. And I for one didn't see anything that would solidify him returning to Buffalo in 2005 as our starter.

You know how the saying goes. Excuses are like aholes and it seems like everyone on this board who wants him to stay here with his mediocore play creates a new one every year. Last year it was Peerless is gone he needs a speedy wr to strech the field. Then it was the oline needs to give him more time. Well... They did. And still mediocore play. Now it's well the oline didn't play good enough and he also needs a big time te like Bubba Franks or Gates. So what happens if the front office fixes the line and does get a new te? Will Drew take the franchise to the promise land finally? I doubt it due to his inability to rise in big game situations.

Sorry but I'm hoping he refuses to take this cut.

Let me try putting this another way, then: if you want to get rid of Drew, you should be able to provide a viable alternative at the position. 

That's one of the reasons that, while I'd rather see Bledsoe gone, I don't hyperventilate at the thought of him staying.  I don't reasonably see Losman as ready to start...and don't see anyone else available who's an upgrade, frankly.  Of course, there's those that would say I'm wrong for not seeing that anybody is better than Drew.  Sorry...I've watched Sage Rosenfels play, and I know that there's QBs out there substantially worse...

207968[/snapback]

You want an instant alternative and I cannot provide it. I do know that Bledsoe leads to nowhere and kills all hope of this team ever going deep into the playoffs. So to keep him means a 2005 season of 6-8 wins, with him blowing up again in many games. That's comforting ?

Losman isn't ready now. It's January. I'll take my lumps with him, knowing ther may be an actual upside. Why do you think they brought in Sam Wyche ? He develped QB's named Ken Anderson, Joe Montana and Boomer Esiason.

I would rather try Losman than to embrace guaranteed failure with Bledsoe.

You want an instant alternative and I cannot provide it. I do know that Bledsoe leads to nowhere and kills all hope of this team ever going deep into the playoffs. So to keep him means a 2005 season of 6-8 wins, with him blowing up again in many games. That's comforting ?

Losman isn't ready now. It's January. I'll take my lumps with him, knowing ther may be an actual upside. Why do you think they brought in Sam Wyche ? He develped QB's named Ken Anderson, Joe Montana and Boomer Esiason.

I would rather try Losman than to embrace guaranteed failure with Bledsoe.

208374[/snapback]

6-8 wins in 2005? Obviously, this would mean 8-10 losses. The numbers don't add up.

When MaGahee came in, this was a different football team that was 9-3 in the last 12 games. At the same time, the OL turned into an average unit (a huge step up) and the special teams played well.

What is it that makes you think that the Bills would finish with as much as 3 losses more than they had this season? Dont worry, Henry wants a trade! :devil::D

6-8 wins in 2005? Obviously, this would mean 8-10 losses. The numbers don't add up.

When MaGahee came in, this was a different football team that was 9-3 in the last 12 games. At the same time, the OL turned into an average unit (a huge step up) and the special teams played well.

What is it that makes you think that the Bills would finish with as much as 3 losses more than they had this season? Dont worry, Henry wants a trade!  :devil:  :D

208377[/snapback]

6-8 wins with #11 at QB. Do you think the Bills will face a weak schedule again, like the break they caught in Nov-Dec. this year ? That's a huge assumption. Can we expect 10 TD's from the ST's/Defense again ?

6-8 wins with #11 at QB. Do you think the Bills will face a weak schedule again, like the break they caught in Nov-Dec. this year ? That's a huge assumption. Can we expect 10 TD's from the ST's/Defense again ?

208380[/snapback]

I think that 05 will depend on injuries as much as anything else, perhaps more.

If Vincent and Milloy can play a full season, the turnovers can only increase.

I think that Kelsay will produce more pressure. Spikes and Fletcher are in their prime. Gray will have more experience under his belt, MM too. I am not too concerned about the defense.

As for the STs, most of those guys will remain. What's the problem?

The OL will have had a year of solid coaching, and perhaps a new player or 2. I liken Evans to Laverneous Coles, except he will probabaly be better. A healthy MaGahee will catch, block, and gain approx. 1700 total yards.

No, I am not looking at 6 wins, sorry.

Ya know what irritates me the most about Drew Bledsoe? It's the fact that if you think anything other than he's a steaming heap of crap and the Bills should cut him you seem to be tarnished as less of a Bills fan.

It's ridiculous to see the vitriolic comments directed at Fezmid for example for saying that in all likelihood he will be back next season and may or may not be our starting QB. To me that's just a simple statement of fact. Look outside the numbers on the field and his cap hit if we cut him, supposed benefit as a mentor to JPL, etc suggest that it's more than likely that he'll be brought back. Should he be brought back? I think he should, but with a view that as JP gets more ready to play he should be given every opportunity.

If Drew wanted desperately to play football beyond next season as a starter, I think it might be smart to allow him to seek a trade, thus freeing him of our contract obligations. He's not worth a R1 pick, so we'd be looking for veteran talent and I can't think of a team who'd pull the trigger on that.

I for one would like to see him take a paycut. He's had his money now and must realise it's time for him to think about winding things up. A paycut does the right thing for the Bills organisation and potentially allows Drew to renogatiate a more flexible deal based on a variety of factors.

But lets get one thing straight - and get rid of some of these ridiculous posts I am seeing. Wanting to keep DB on the roster next year DOES NOT make you any less of a Bills fan, does not mean you want to see the Bills lose, does not mean you think Drew was NONE of the problems we faced this year. It seems we have a bunch of Al Davis's here who see the world in Black and White - or in this case With Drew or Without Drew. Stop it.