Canfora on Byrd, Carrington, Parker: Is this new info?

l< j

Trade his ass before the deadline and refuse to work with his agent ever again. Enough teams tell his agent to get bent, players will leave him and he will be out of business. Byrd is an assclown and a guy I don't want on this team. Management needs to send a strong message and get rid of his ass

The team needs to call Byrd out, IMO. Bench him and have Marrone just call it like it is when asked about his progress... "Byrd is out. And right now I'm trying to get the players that have a heart and want to play ready to play. The others, well I don't have time for."

If true about Carrington, his agent could have just cost him a lot of money.

If the Bills follow your guidance, the chances they sign their own players long term or in-demand free agents is even lower than it already is. You don't call players out and try to shame them into going on the field in the professional ranks.

The Bills, according to LaCanfora, put out an offer about 1M per season less than what the market is paying for top safeties. Fans want to see Byrd on the field, but throwing him under the bus makes the rebuild even harder than it already is.

I'd be surprised if they could get a 5th round pick for Byrd right now. A team has to pay him top 5 safety money, worry about his injury, and wouldn't be assured he'd sign a long term deal with them even if they wanted him to. I'd argue the Bills should hold him out of games as long as possible until he's healthy enough to showcase him for a trade.

There was a Buffalo News article last week that mentioned that the Bills had approached Parker about an extension for Carrington before his injury, and "talks got nowhere."

So there you have it... he may be blackballing the team. I have no doubt he has counseled Byrd to feel free to nurse the injury. It's become mano-a-mano between Parker and Whaley. I just hope that Parker is the Gus Fring here...

Think about how much money Carrington now stands to lose --- I believe Bills right now hold him in the highest regard -- bad advice on that one from Parker --- as for BTyrd -- this so-called injury is costing him serious money --- he either has a chronic condition or will be labeled as a trouble maker if he doesn't --- again, Parker is costing him serious money

If the Bills follow your guidance, the chances they sign their own players long term or in-demand free agents is even lower than it already is. You don't call players out and try to shame them into going on the field in the professional ranks.

The Bills, according to LaCanfora, put out an offer about 1M per season less than what the market is paying for top safeties. Fans want to see Byrd on the field, but throwing him under the bus makes the rebuild even harder than it already is.

From all I've heard, Byrd is sitting out because he wants to be payed as the #1 Safety in the league. Do you think he's the best safety in the league? I don't. He's good... top 5 maybe. But, not the best. And now... he has a chronic injury keeping him from playing through the first quarter of the season. That is not the way the most valuable safety in the league plays.

Honestly, I don't get it. What's the chance another team pays him $9million a year after this drama? In all likelihood, he goes elsewhere and gets a very similar contract to what the Bills offered him. My conclusion, he just doesn't want to play for the Bills. So, sit him, IR him, I don't really care. But move on with him no longer in the locker room.

SCREW Byrd i was all for keeping him, i understand missing maybe the first game bcus he wasnt @ training camp. But he clearly see's that we are injury plagued in the secondary but week after week his ass is planted on the sideline in civi's.I hope after the year we tag his dumbass again.