49ers LB Aldon Smith arrested for DUI...and more

YoloinOhio

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harbaugh is going to kill him. They were given free Uber credit to avoid this type of thing. I just read the SF Chronicle and he was also busted for pot possession.

last guy to get a DUI and drug charge off an accident they left home for the next game. im guessing that wont happen here.

the news here says it is unclear if he will be playing. It is the Colts this week, so they may play him this week and then start the suspension against the Rams the following week. He probably figures heavily into this weeks gameplan already.

I don't know why they'd do that.

The Rams are gonna be a tougher foe than the Colts IMO.

Strengthening this view is that they have the Colts at home and the Rams on the road.

And I think the game plan for Aldon usually goes something like "attack the quarterback."

ProFootballTalk@ProFootballTalk2m

Police, witness indicate Aldon Smith was very impaired http://wp.me/p14QSB-9hlN

And two items in that report seem to tell about the predisposition in Santa Clara:

"One would think someone with a person who was that drunk at that time of day would struggle to practice later in the day, but Smith did hit the practice field after making bail, and 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said Smith “seemed like he had his wits about him.

Still, the 49ers plan to put Smith on the field. They’ve said that any discipline is going to have to come from the NFL, because the 49ers have no intention of disciplining Smith."

The Niners are being lenient with their star pass rusher.

And two items in that report seem to tell about the predisposition in Santa Clara:

"One would think someone with a person who was that drunk at that time of day would struggle to practice later in the day, but Smith did hit the practice field after making bail, and 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said Smith “seemed like he had his wits about him.

Still, the 49ers plan to put Smith on the field. They’ve said that any discipline is going to have to come from the NFL, because the 49ers have no intention of disciplining Smith."

The Niners are being lenient with their star pass rusher.

Seemed like he had his wits about him sounds a little like "we made his hungover self work hard, getting drunk the night before doesn't mean you get to coast til Sunday"

Seemed like he had his wits about him sounds a little like "we made his hungover self work hard, getting drunk the night before doesn't mean you get to coast til Sunday"

What I got from Harbaugh's words was damage control: Aldon couldn't have been too drunk because he was able to practice without difficulty.

This would also mesh with the report that the Niners have no plans to discipline Aldon.

JMO.

What I got from Harbaugh's words was damage control: Aldon couldn't have been too drunk because he was able to practice without difficulty.

This would also mesh with the report that the Niners have no plans to discipline Aldon.

JMO.

I'd guess it depends what he looked like when he rolled in for practice.

Had his wits about him doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement to me (comes up one notch above "wasnt that disoriented" in my book) but I didnt see the interview and you certainly could have a better read.

I'd guess it depends what he looked like when he rolled in for practice.

Had his wits about him doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement to me (comes up one notch above "wasnt that disoriented" in my book) but I didnt see the interview and you certainly could have a better read.

I'm judging solely from the written words so my opinion is all conjecture.

What speaks most loud to me is that the club has no plans to discipline Smith.

In fact there wasn't even a public admonishment.

the news here says it is unclear if he will be playing. It is the Colts this week, so they may play him this week and then start the suspension against the Rams the following week. He probably figures heavily into this weeks gameplan already.

Unlikely... U think the Colts game means more to them than a DIVISION game?? Especially to a Rams squad than is much better than few yrs ago and who tied them AND Beat them last yr???

If Harbaugh sits him... its THIS week in an inter-conference game. Obviously EVERY game in NFL is crucial cuz its just 16 game schedule but a loss out of conference hurts the least in standings for division and conference titles which Niners will be in hunt for.

Unlikely... U think the Colts game means more to them than a DIVISION game?? Especially to a Rams squad than is much better than few yrs ago and who tied them AND Beat them last yr???

If Harbaugh sits him... its THIS week in an inter-conference game. Obviously EVERY game in NFL is crucial cuz its just 16 game schedule but a loss out of conference hurts the least in standings for division and conference titles which Niners will be in hunt for.

Yes, the division game is more important. I do think that it is BS though that they don't sit him down. right. now.

I'm judging solely from the written words so my opinion is all conjecture.

What speaks most loud to me is that the club has no plans to discipline Smith.

In fact there wasn't even a public admonishment.

Could likewise make sense. At some level I think he's conceding to the team that guys will be punished differently but even smith will get his even if he has to/gets to play Sunday. I imagine he was hurting pretty bad and just wanted his bed today.

What time was practice? Was at a .15 and had weed/pills in the car with him after daybreak this morning, I'm slightly surprised he was actually cleared to practice. I believe the bar napkin math is your bac drops .015 an hour meaning that disregarding the possible drugs, lack of sleep, car accident etc... He wouldn't be 100% sober til the afternoon even.

Edited by NoSaint