Grand Theft Auto IV Sold 13 Million Units...

ajzepp

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys having connectivity issues must have Playstations...I've had no problems at all with the xbox. (And no, this is not me firing the first shot of a console war...)

Game money!! LOL

oh. Ok. Good

You guys having connectivity issues must have Playstations...I've had no problems at all with the xbox. (And no, this is not me firing the first shot of a console war...)

must be because only 17 people are playing XBox right now. (And that was me firing the first shot of a console war... ;-)

Ok. Just started online this morning. Anyone have any idea how to shut up other players? All I'm hearing is crazy Brit and little Mexican boy on their mics and its absolutely annoying. Anyone know how to turn them off without just turning the volume down? I always enjoy the games audio and radio stations but don't want to hear this Mexican kid talking every second.

Ok. Just started online this morning. Anyone have any idea how to shut up other players? All I'm hearing is crazy Brit and little Mexican boy on their mics and its absolutely annoying. Anyone know how to turn them off without just turning the volume down? I always enjoy the games audio and radio stations but don't want to hear this Mexican kid talking every second.

Go and create your own party, so you are in party chat. If you're PS3, I can't help :P

Agree Shrader. I still love the talk radio shows but this game seems to be not as good. It's also repeated more often.

Has anyone online figured our how to rent an apt? I see the houses for sale. Just wondering if there's cheaper options while just starting.

Agree Shrader. I still love the talk radio shows but this game seems to be not as good. It's also repeated more often.

Has anyone online figured our how to rent an apt? I see the houses for sale. Just wondering if there's cheaper options while just starting.

I don't think you can rent any. Cheapest I've found is 300k but I haven't tried looking at the online real estate site from your phone. I guess that is the way to shop.

Don't bother buying one of the cheaper garages. One of my friends was able to buy a high rise already for 400k and it came with a ten car garage.

I don't think you can rent any. Cheapest I've found is 300k but I haven't tried looking at the online real estate site from your phone. I guess that is the way to shop.

Don't bother buying one of the cheaper garages. One of my friends was able to buy a high rise already for 400k and it came with a ten car garage.

You can get a 6 car garage apartment for $120,000 through the Dynasty 8 link on the phone. The more expensive apartments are nicer, and I haven't seen houses yet... they are rumored to be added later.

Also, if you buy a new home, part of the value of it is refunded to you (see GTA Online Guide)

If anyone is on XBox my gamertag is below...

xVKeyzer SozeVx

Our crew is xBoondock Saintsx (BSTS).

Edited by BmoreBills

I saw there were deal cheap houses/apartments for like 25-30k in some is the slummy places. Looked like they came with 2 car garages.

I'm still torn on what the "online" actually is. I still get missions from computer chars. It's not as "real time", "free roam" as you would think. I'm not talking about going up and robbing a few gas stations. In talking about jewelry store type heists that were in the storyline. Stuff like that.

All I've seen so far is stealing some meth or coke from one dealer and giving it to another. Kinda lame actually.

In fact, at one point what really sucked was I was in passive mode, yet some guy was killing me and camping me like crazy. Of course because I was in passive mode I couldn't do anything about it (shoot back) because in passive you don't have access to your weapons.

Got killed like 3 times before I could switch back. And of course my little pea shooter wasn't enough against his machine gun.

And if its online, why are there only 10 other players in the world when I play? Shouldn't there be thousands? How does that work? Anyone know? And if you've got a crew/group of friends that is more than 10, does that mean that your only playing with your group of friends all the time?

These are questions that I still have. Maybe you guys can call me an idiot and steer me to the right answers.

yeah, but you'd have to make $400k. I'm currently at like $15k

I saw there were deal cheap houses/apartments for like 25-30k in some is the slummy places. Looked like they came with 2 car garages.

I'm still torn on what the "online" actually is. I still get missions from computer chars. It's not as "real time", "free roam" as you would think. I'm not talking about going up and robbing a few gas stations. In talking about jewelry store type heists that were in the storyline. Stuff like that.

All I've seen so far is stealing some meth or coke from one dealer and giving it to another. Kinda lame actually.

In fact, at one point what really sucked was I was in passive mode, yet some guy was killing me and camping me like crazy. Of course because I was in passive mode I couldn't do anything about it (shoot back) because in passive you don't have access to your weapons.

Got killed like 3 times before I could switch back. And of course my little pea shooter wasn't enough against his machine gun.

And if its online, why are there only 10 other players in the world when I play? Shouldn't there be thousands? How does that work? Anyone know? And if you've got a crew/group of friends that is more than 10, does that mean that your only playing with your group of friends all the time?

These are questions that I still have. Maybe you guys can call me an idiot and steer me to the right answers.

yeah, but you'd have to make $400k. I'm currently at like $15k

It would be nice if they could pack a world with hundreds like world of warcraft but seems like the console world is still limited in technology when it comes to capacity of online gaming. I believe the gta instances are capped at 16.

I agree the missions can use some more depth right now. Rockstar claims to have continuous updates coming so hopefully that can get better in the future.

I think I have around 80k right now. Had a long marathon with some friends this past Friday-Saturday that helped a lot. For my friend who is way over half a million, he was off on Monday and found some BS mission that payed 9k and took about 3 minutes to complete. Him and some other guys replayed it all day and milked some crazy money out of it. I guess just today they changed that mission to only be 3k since so many people were doing that so we missed the boat on that deal.

I hear ya. They can't pack as many people as something like a WOW server. But 10-16 people really isn't all that much. How does that work? Are you always in with the same people? Or is it on a list of what order people come on. What I'm saying is, once 1 person logs off, does another come into that server to take their place?

If so, what happens when say I own "X" property and you also own "X" property?

These are questions that I still have. Maybe you guys can call me an idiot and steer me to the right answers.yeah, but you'd have to make $400k. I'm currently at like $15k

To answer a couple of your questions, the cheap places you are talking about are only garages, not apartments. Heists will be added soon via a game update as will the ability to purchase more properties (businesses, houses, etc). If you have a group of people just make a closed lobby through the online menu and you won't have to deal with other people. Passive mode removes the dot for your player so the guy killing you must have seen you before you did so and chose to pick on you. Hope some of that helps.

Also, there just isn't the capability yet to have one giant persistent world where everyone always is. Logistically it wouldn't work either, not enough space, properties, etc. The individual lobbies are persistent but that's only until that lobby is no longer active.

Edited by Marcellosaurus

I hear ya. They can't pack as many people as something like a WOW server. But 10-16 people really isn't all that much. How does that work? Are you always in with the same people? Or is it on a list of what order people come on. What I'm saying is, once 1 person logs off, does another come into that server to take their place?

If so, what happens when say I own "X" property and you also own "X" property?

Exactly... the slots on the server are replaced with new gamers as one leaves.

The properties can be owned by thousands upon thousands using the apartment... it is actually quite easy, because once you go to the blue circle, it cuts to YOUR space, which isn't visually represented differently, only through menu access, like a closet.

Exactly... the slots on the server are replaced with new gamers as one leaves.

The properties can be owned by thousands upon thousands using the apartment... it is actually quite easy, because once you go to the blue circle, it cuts to YOUR space, which isn't visually represented differently, only through menu access, like a closet.

understandable. Just kinda sucks sometimes. Like the other day I wanted to jack some dudes car that was in a shoot out with the cops. It said I couldn't steal "xxxx's" car or didnt have access to that vehicle. Something like that.

• 4 weeks later...