Grand Theft Auto IV Sold 13 Million Units...

ajzepp

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know how to access the stock market that Lester gives you the link for? I can't click on the link and have no other ideas how. Or if its even possible.

Just in case you haven't figured this out yet... You're on PS3 right? If you have the text message with the link to the stock market all you have to do is hit the square button.

Just in case you haven't figured this out yet... You're on PS3 right? If you have the text message with the link to the stock market all you have to do is hit the square button.

weird. Never knew that. I just accessed on the games Internet. Figured it out. Thanks tho

weird. Never knew that. I just accessed on the games Internet. Figured it out. Thanks tho

It's so easy to miss one of those on screen directions that pop up in the top corner. There are way too many distractions on screen at the same time.

i went back and looked all over. Couldn't find it. It's in the woods so there's really only a small parking lot.

Speaking of parking lots. When I bought my garage with both Trevor and Franklin. The game immediately went to auto save. Then when it came back, in standing there with no car. Not in sight and not in the garage.

So far the worst glitch I've noticed.

Just FYI to those about to buy a garage, don't pimp out an auto before you go. Make sure you've got the garage first.

As of right now I'm looking all over for the Bughatti Veyron. Can't find it anywhere tho.

The Bugatti will spawn in front of a store in the Rodeo Drive type area. It only spawns if you're driving an Infernus (Lambo looking car) with a spoiler. I've done this with Michael and Franklin and it's, by far, the best handling car I've driven so far. Plus, everyone keeps complimenting me.

I haven't had any problems with losing cars. In fact, I took the Bugatti (Adder) out and stupidly did some off roading. The car flipped over and was pinned against a barrier. I switched characters, played a bit and when I switched back, it was waiting for me in the impound lot. I think it helps to not only save the car in your garage, but to upgrade it.

Just a tip for the stock market...There was a random encounter with a some dude broken down on the side of the road. I drove him to the airport and he gave me a stock tip. The shares went up 30% in short order and I made a few hundred grand with Michael and Franklin. I didn't let Trevor get in on the action because he's a scumbag. I'd try to avoid doing this encounter until you have some dough.

i went back and looked all over. Couldn't find it. It's in the woods so there's really only a small parking lot.

Speaking of parking lots. When I bought my garage with both Trevor and Franklin. The game immediately went to auto save. Then when it came back, in standing there with no car. Not in sight and not in the garage.

So far the worst glitch I've noticed.

Just FYI to those about to buy a garage, don't pimp out an auto before you go. Make sure you've got the garage first.

As of right now I'm looking all over for the Bughatti Veyron. Can't find it anywhere tho.

Turns out there's a bug in the game in regards to garages....

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/grand-theft-auto-v-garage-bug-causing-cars-170530151.html

Car theft is a serious problem in Los Santos, but it's turning out to be an even bigger headache for Rockstar Games. A bug in Grand Theft Auto V is causing cars and car upgrades to disappear when players park vehicles in the game's various garages, which are supposed to be save points. As a result, Rockstar is warning fans not to use those garages until they can solve the problem.

Turns out there's a bug in the game in regards to garages....

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/grand-theft-auto-v-garage-bug-causing-cars-170530151.html

damn. That sucks. I just completely did up a Ford F250. Looks insane. Love how beefy it is. Hopefully it's still there.

It's so easy to miss one of those on screen directions that pop up in the top corner. There are way too many distractions on screen at the same time.

damn right it is.

The Bugatti will spawn in front of a store in the Rodeo Drive type area. It only spawns if you're driving an Infernus (Lambo looking car) with a spoiler. I've done this with Michael and Franklin and it's, by far, the best handling car I've driven so far. Plus, everyone keeps complimenting me.

I haven't had any problems with losing cars. In fact, I took the Bugatti (Adder) out and stupidly did some off roading. The car flipped over and was pinned against a barrier. I switched characters, played a bit and when I switched back, it was waiting for me in the impound lot. I think it helps to not only save the car in your garage, but to upgrade it.

Just a tip for the stock market...There was a random encounter with a some dude broken down on the side of the road. I drove him to the airport and he gave me a stock tip. The shares went up 30% in short order and I made a few hundred grand with Michael and Franklin. I didn't let Trevor get in on the action because he's a scumbag. I'd try to avoid doing this encounter until you have some dough.

i found the Veyron. I don't think I was in the Lamborghini looking car with a spoiler and it was in that spot. Someone told me about that spot. I wonder if you need to meet the one guy that wants you to steal cars for him (Devin I think) and see his Veyron in his driveway before you can see one in game. But it was right there in that spot.

Yes, it's absolutely awesome. So smooth. So fast.

I think what happened with your car getting stick off road is that anytime you abandon a car it'll get impounded. (I think) so that sounds like it happened to you. Not sure how the impounding works.

I've also left cars in my safe house garages (not the optional buying garages) and saved the game and it doesn't seem like they save there. Not sure why.

Thanks for the tip in the stock market. Will definitely look to do that mission to make some money. Gonna have to wait a little but until I have some cash. Right now Michael and Trevor have some cash (just a little under 200k) but Franklin is broke as hell. Need to get a couple hundred K with each to do this one.

Can't believe you don't like Trevor. He's probably my favorite character. He's awesome in every way.

Edited by mrags

I completed 55 out of 69 missions. As soon as I'm done I'll probably trade this in for a discounted version of Fifa 2014.

I agree that Trevor is a scumbag.

youve gotta wait until the free roam option becomes available. Where you can play with friends online in the same world.

youve gotta wait until the free roam option becomes available. Where you can play with friends online in the same world.

Doesn't really interest me. I like GTA because of the story mode. I get tired of the side stuff pretty quickly.

I prefer playing Fifa online. I've bought every game since 98.

Props to Fezmid for letting me know, but the 360 just went on sale by $50, plus places like Amazon and Walmart are also including a $50 gift card with purchase. I just ordered mine a few mins ago and will pick it up this morning.

One thing I don't understand is why Best Buy sells Sandisk Cruzer flash drives for 2.5x the price of what Amazon and Radio Shack sell them for....wtf is this? I must have checked it like four times last night to make sure I wasn't comparing the wrong items, but sure enough what the shack and amazon sell for about $12 - the 16g Cruzer flash drive - Best Buy sells for $29...da hell??? And it's not just the Cruzer...it's a lot of the flash drives. They even want $40 for the official Xbox flash drive, which is just a rebadged Sandisk....this is messed up. I'm going to get them to price match when I go over there, or I'll just stop at the Shack on the way home.

I think I may also pick up my first ever plasma screen. I've been touting Panny plasmas for years and years, but never had the chance to own one. Today may be a good day.

Doesn't really interest me. I like GTA because of the story mode. I get tired of the side stuff pretty quickly.

I prefer playing Fifa online. I've bought every game since 98.

Last time I was playing xbox, I had Winning Eleven...it was a great game. I don't know if they still make it, but if they do I bet it's incredible now. I have only watched Fifa online, but that looks very authentic, as well. Last version I saw was 2011, I think.

Edited by ajzepp

Props to Fezmid for letting me know, but the 360 just went on sale by $50, plus places like Amazon and Walmart are also including a $50 gift card with purchase. I just ordered mine a few mins ago and will pick it up this morning.

One thing I don't understand is why Best Buy sells Sandisk Cruzer flash drives for 2.5x the price of what Amazon and Radio Shack sell them for....wtf is this? I must have checked it like four times last night to make sure I wasn't comparing the wrong items, but sure enough what the shack and amazon sell for about $12 - the 16g Cruzer flash drive - Best Buy sells for $29...da hell??? And it's not just the Cruzer...it's a lot of the flash drives. They even want $40 for the official Xbox flash drive, which is just a rebadged Sandisk....this is messed up. I'm going to get them to price match when I go over there, or I'll just stop at the Shack on the way home.

I think I may also pick up my first ever plasma screen. I've been touting Panny plasmas for years and years, but never had the chance to own one. Today may be a good day.

My favorite TV is a Panasonic Plasma. It's 4 years old and def beats my Samsung. The Panasonic had some burn in from the ESPN crawl which was noticeable when watching hockey due to the white ice, but it seems to have disappeared. I think I may have run something from the menu that got rid of it.

I completed 55 out of 69 missions. As soon as I'm done I'll probably trade this in for a discounted version of Fifa 2014.

I agree that Trevor is a scumbag.

I'm at 25 missions and am thinking about withdrawing from society for the weekend to get some decent playing time. Trevor is a dirtbag. It doesn't help that he's constantly blowing snot rockets. I don't mind playing as him, but one of the best things about GTA is creating your own character development along with the story line. I play Franklin as a decent guy. He returns stolen purses, chases down bike thieves and generally does the right thing. He drives tuner cars and Motorcycles. Michael is middle of the road and drives mostly luxury vehicles, except when he goes to the Strip Club when he takes the vette. Trevor, I play as a complete maniac. He kills prostitutes, drives through crowds of people and dresses like he found his clothes in a garbage can.

My favorite TV is a Panasonic Plasma. It's 4 years old and def beats my Samsung. The Panasonic had some burn in from the ESPN crawl which was noticeable when watching hockey due to the white ice, but it seems to have disappeared. I think I may have run something from the menu that got rid of it.

I'm at 25 missions and am thinking about withdrawing from society for the weekend to get some decent playing time. Trevor is a dirtbag. It doesn't help that he's constantly blowing snot rockets. I don't mind playing as him, but one of the best things about GTA is creating your own character development along with the story line. I play Franklin as a decent guy. He returns stolen purses, chases down bike thieves and generally does the right thing. He drives tuner cars and Motorcycles. Michael is middle of the road and drives mostly luxury vehicles, except when he goes to the Strip Club when he takes the vette. Trevor, I play as a complete maniac. He kills prostitutes, drives through crowds of people and dresses like he found his clothes in a garbage can.

thats why this GTA is so great. 3 different chars, can okay then different ways. It truly is fantastic.

I love Trevor. Easily my favorite.

*****spoiler alert***** read at your own caution

I currently have a guide book for the game. I don't like looking ahead or even trying to figure out missions unless I need help. Really only bought it for tips on the extra missions and finding items in the world. But last night I looked forward to the end because I've already started planning for the "final heist". Didnt think it would come so quickly. It looks like it starts now but bounces around a bit for a while. For those of you that don't like Trevor, it looks to me like there's an option to kill him at the end. Or to let him live.

Very cool...that's consistent with what just about every other Panny plasma owner I know has said. Samsung came out with a plasma that is apparently is their best tv ever, but the Panny I can get for half the price...

I can't wait to fire up GTA tonight...

I get a good laugh out of how crazy Trevor is. It probably helps that the people he hangs out with are borderline retarded. That combination works for me. I haven't reunited him with the others yet, so maybe that changes.

It just amazes me how TERRIBLE I am at modern video games. It's incredibly frustrating, cause I grew up dominating every system up through the NES...I could go with anyone. Now, at 41 y.o. and going literally years in between stretches, I fumblefart around with the controller and defecate epic fails all over the board. Thankfully I still find it FUN, but I wish I had a more natural relationship with the layout of these controllers.

Anyway, is there no official "free roam" mode as of yet? I wanted to just sort of run around and explore the map a bit, but I couldn't figure out how to get away from the main story line to do it. Do I just free roam in between missions? I can't wait for online mode to start....that's where I really started to become at least an "average" player ,cause I could just focus on developing driving and shooting skills. It's more fun, too, cause I do it in a live environment where I can antagonize others.

It just amazes me how TERRIBLE I am at modern video games. It's incredibly frustrating, cause I grew up dominating every system up through the NES...I could go with anyone. Now, at 41 y.o. and going literally years in between stretches, I fumblefart around with the controller and defecate epic fails all over the board. Thankfully I still find it FUN, but I wish I had a more natural relationship with the layout of these controllers.

Anyway, is there no official "free roam" mode as of yet? I wanted to just sort of run around and explore the map a bit, but I couldn't figure out how to get away from the main story line to do it. Do I just free roam in between missions? I can't wait for online mode to start....that's where I really started to become at least an "average" player ,cause I could just focus on developing driving and shooting skills. It's more fun, too, cause I do it in a live environment where I can antagonize others.

the online mode I believe is limited to only a certain number of friends that choose to be on in your/their worlds. Not quite sure how its going to turn out yet. Well see though.

Yeah, just do whatever you want, whenever yiu want. Yiu don't have to follow the missions. Although, when you do you get much cooler toys easily available to you.

So there's no special "roam" mode that I need to be in? Just sort of do my own thing in between the missions?

I accidentally beat someone up on the beach near the ferris wheel...I called the paramedics but nobody came 0:)

So there's no special "roam" mode that I need to be in? Just sort of do my own thing in between the missions?

I accidentally beat someone up on the beach near the ferris wheel...I called the paramedics but nobody came 0:)

accidently? That sounds like BS to me.