Why didn't we tag Levitre instead of Byrd?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill, you keep saying he only got 10m guaranteed. 10.5m was his signing bonus. He got another 13 million guaranteed, which amounts to having half of his 46m guaranteed.

http://www.spotrac.c...s/andy-levitre/

GO BILLS!!!

Thanks for the correction. Other sites that I saw didn't mention the 13 mil.

Having said this, the Bills could have tried to do an imaginative deal in which he wouldn't hurt them in terms of the cap if he was cut later on. I notice that his bonus was spread over 5 years, not 6.

Again, they are sitting here with a lot of cap room going to waste. And it isn't possible that there will be an equal player to Andy Levitre lining up at LG. Just totally impossible, and that's a shame when your qb is a rookie and your deep threat is a small rb.

Correction: the game is built around passing and stopping the pass. It's not built around offense. Two of the league's best defensive teams were in the Super Bowl last season.

And the best way to stop the pass continues to be pass pressure.

......The problem is that the Bills did not make plans or properly set their priorities on replacing Lev with another good LG who would get the job done. They tried to get out of this too cheap,and it bit them.....

Or maybe they simply miscalculated the talent they had remaining.

It's a bit rich IMO to ignore the concept that they saw the talent in Urbik and Pears.....and drafted successfully in Wood, Levitre & Glenn....and not allow them a pass on their talent assessment of Brown.....or worse still, assume that they were scrimping on dollars(after paying Mario, FJ, Stevie, Wood etc).

Sometimes mistakes are made. It used to be that making mistakes was the norm for the Bills(from top to bottom). Now it seems like the opposite is the case. (At least from my perspective).

Aren't offensive guards a dime a dozen and Levitre not worth the huge contract he was offered. Now it was a mistake not signing him. I'm confused.

It's almost like completely different people are making different arguments.

cuz the FO is stupid

Says the guy who wanted to draft Levi Jones in the first round and trade Mario for John Skelton. No offense, but you're the last person who should be calling someone stupid.

The Bills averaged over 100 yards/ game more than the Titans. The Bills have given up 1 sack while the Titans have given up 5. We average more rushing yards and more than a yard more carry. Why are people still crying about a G?

I like Levitre. He's a good player. But Gs are one of the least impact positions in Ws and Ls. You can't pay everyone. If Wood stays healthy, he plays a much more important position than Levitre. turn the page.

Edited by C.Biscuit97