Chargers sign CB Crezdon Butler

Matt in KC

Bolts sign cornerback Crezdon Butler

He played in six games in 2012 for the Bills, primarily on special teams. He had one defensive tackle and two special teams stops. This preseason, he appeared in three games with one start, totaling five tackles, five passes defensed and one interception.

Good for him! I always liked the kid. I wish him the best.

I'm still surprised we didn't give him a shot, even with our DBs hurt. (Does Westerman, Jamaal really add more to the team?)

Besides Justin Rogers, hard to argue for him over any of the corners on the roster right now.

I think he looked much better than Meeks and hope we weren't biased toward our draft picks if they were clearly out-performed. That said, I'm no expert, and perhaps Meeks will be better than Butler in a year or two.

Also, who is Johnny Adams?

Adams, a rookie, was just signed to the Bills practice squad just over a week ago. The Michigan State product went undrafted this past spring and initially signed with Houston. After being released Adams (5’11” 177) signed with Indianapolis where he competed in training camp, but was cut Aug. 26th.

Well, it took a bunch of injuries for Rogers to start. But I thought Butler was completely awful in the last preseason game. But when Gilmore and Brooks return, Rogers should be nowhere near the field.

Agreed, but Gilmore was already out when the cuts were made, so Rogers was only a step away.