1st Bills Home Game

BillsInMaine

Life long fan living in NE. I finally feel like the expense to travel to Buffalo is worth it. Since this will be my first game at The Ralph I have a few Questions. What area of the stadium is the best? I'm willing to spend $100-150 range per ticket. Also what are good area hotels for a fair price? Not sure what game I will be choosing, thinking Jets or KC, would love to do the Miami game but have plans for the Holidays.

Have you ever lived in Buffalo? Not a necessary prerequisite, but its more fun if you have homies, or other things to do before/after the game.

A recent post suggested that the more you pay, the better section you sit in. And Better = Less likely to be sitting around drunk college students. If its your first time, maybe spend the max, to make it less likely you are around dumb young drunkards. To make it more likely you are sitting around people who wanna see the game foremost, instead of wanna get drunk foremost.

Are you planning to tailgate? If so, there are lots of great posts on TBD about that. Also, there are great posts about Hotels, etc. Depends on where you wanna be, your transportation, how early you want to arrive at the game (i.e., tailgate or not), etc.

Lastly, ENJOY !!!! We all remember our first time.

Have you ever lived in Buffalo? Not a necessary prerequisite, but its more fun if you have homies, or other things to do before/after the game.

A recent post suggested that the more you pay, the better section you sit in. And Better = Less likely to be sitting around drunk college students. If its your first time, maybe spend the max, to make it less likely you are around dumb young drunkards. To make it more likely you are sitting around people who wanna see the game foremost, instead of wanna get drunk foremost.

Are you planning to tailgate? If so, there are lots of great posts on TBD about that. Also, there are great posts about Hotels, etc. Depends on where you wanna be, your transportation, how early you want to arrive at the game (i.e., tailgate or not), etc.

Lastly, ENJOY !!!! We all remember our first time.

Actually those drunk dudes make it more fun for me. I've sat at the 50 yard line 8 rows from the floor and the fans there always like to sit down... I'll stick to sitting at section 136 on the 20 all day...

If I wanted to sit down and eat while watching the game I'll just go to a baseball game...

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz

Life long fan living in NE. I finally feel like the expense to travel to Buffalo is worth it. Since this will be my first game at The Ralph I have a few Questions. What area of the stadium is the best? I'm willing to spend $100-150 range per ticket. Also what are good area hotels for a fair price? Not sure what game I will be choosing, thinking Jets or KC, would love to do the Miami game but have plans for the Holidays.

First of all, no need to spend that much on tickets. In fact the Bills are discounting these games $15:

Use promo code GPCGI (thanks to 'microscopes' for this info)

* $15 per ticket against the Bengals (link)

* $25 per ticket against the Chiefs (link)

* $15 per ticket against the Jets (link)

* $15 per ticket against the Dolphins (link)

Nicest hotel would be the Embassy Suites downtown. It's also close to Chippawa Street and Allen Street, two areas with night life. Also check out Elmwood Avenue for more places.

Be sure to look at http://Sabres.nhl.com to see if the Sabres have a game the weekend you're in town. Take some of that money you saved on Bills tickets and see an NHL game too.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I would get tickets in the lower bowl behind the bills 134, 135,136, 137 if you can. No bad seats in the Ralph. I have friends that stay at motel 6 cost about $60 per night. Most times wife and I stay at the Marriott on millersport. Hyatt down town. We stayed at holiday in on Delaware about $130 per night. Can walk to anchors bar or Gaberial gate. You have to park at Hammers. Take in the pinto. Look me up for some Stromboli.

I would get tickets in the lower bowl behind the bills 134, 135,136, 137 if you can. No bad seats in the Ralph. I have friends that stay at motel 6 cost about $60 per night. Most times wife and I stay at the Marriott on millersport. Hyatt down town. We stayed at holiday in on Delaware about $130 per night. Can walk to anchors bar or Gaberial gate. You have to park at Hammers. Take in the pinto. Look me up for some Stromboli.

Can't endorse the Pinto Kenny tailgate high enough! It's a MUST EXPERIENCE for any Bills fan. Stay for the Ketchup ritual. Look up "Hammered a Lot" under members and send him a message to reserve your spot.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

First of all, no need to spend that much on tickets. In fact the Bills are discounting these games $15:

Use promo code GPCGI (thanks to 'microscopes' for this info)

* $15 per ticket against the Bengals (link)

* $25 per ticket against the Chiefs (link)

* $15 per ticket against the Jets (link)

* $15 per ticket against the Dolphins (link)

PTR

Use PROMO-code?? I had no idea!

Look me up for some Stromboli.

OMG yes!

All the strombolis you and Mrs Mead made were wonderful and I was very impressed that you were still perfecting your recipes, trying to turn the volume up to eleven.

Between you and mrags, I was almost in physical pain from eating.

I was actually feeling a lot of anxiety before kickoff and I finally realized that it was from eating so much!

Can't endorse the Pinto Kenny tailgate high enough! It's a MUST EXPERIENCE for any Bills fan. Stay for the Ketchup ritual. Look up "Hammered a Lot" under members and send him a message to reserve your spot.

PTR

I actually won one of Hammered a Lot's contest earlier this year, I think I got a free day of parking with it.

Awesome, thanks guys. Ill be going with one of my friends who's a Bills fan also. Ill let ya know what game we chose.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/90754-hotels-for-the-home-opener/

The only ones I have not stayed at are the Motel 6, Econo Lodge, and Country Inn & Suites. Usually do the Red Roof though.

The Motel 6 at exit 49 was just renovated. Price is right around $50. I stay there all the time and I never had a bad experience. But keep in mind it's a Motel 6, not the Embassy Suites.

PTR