Pass rush pressure measure

dave mcbride

Really interesting article. Thanks for posting. I agree I was at the game and didn't see much pressure from Mario, but more from others like Lawson. We did play better than I expected and can't wait to see if we use Bradham as a spy on Cam, as he is fast, and strong. To counter the mobile QB or read option, it helps to have a spy with a main respoonsibility to contain Newton. You have to use a fast LB or safety. I wouldn't want to use a safety as we need the help on the back end to cover Steve Smith.

Mario will get his. Make no mistake Mario commands the Oline and QB attention. The minute a team sleeps on Mario and treats him with disrespect of trying to put a TE blocking him or leaving him alone with a tackle an entire game, Mario will make them pay.

Brady was under a lot of pressure multiple times last week.

Today the Bills need not try to flush Cam out of the pocket but instead play contain and keep him in it. Make Cam beat you with his arm and reading of the D. If he does, fine. The Bills need to approach todays game with a 'gap control' strategy. Keeping the running games and Cam's scrambling under control and prevent the big plays.

Hmmm so Kyle gets through like a sledge hammer on his sack and it is worth less points because he is some how assisted? Holds very often are not called. Hurries and hits (maybe more so even, depends on the qb) are really low on his point scale considering how much effect they have on a QB. Obviously Brady was under more pressure than is accounted for, he threw a bunch that just looked :thumbdown:. Lastly what about blocked passes? Or even just getting your arms up. And none of this even involves the running game. :death: I don't care if guys get stats, I care that they do their jobs well. Measurements, scmeasurements.

Very lastly, he writes about Rex like he is his brother in feet and then says Vince Wilfork has looked bad? My measuerement of this writer is about a .-5

Like the QBR, in my opinion. Not a fan. Metrics are good but as Belicheat said recently we don't know what assignments players have ect....

​And really refs are having way too much influence over games, why doesn't the league make penalties reviewable? :doh:

Edited by bowery4

Awful. Mario's efforts at times were just lame. Sadly a bidding war we won and has not erased the other recent #94 from memory.

Bills are still better with Mario then without

The attention he gets will / should free up others to get to the QB