Is the NFL Blacklisting Kerry Rhodes?

section122

This article popped up in the shoutbox and I thought it deserved a thread... Mods if this isn't the place move it freely.

from the article:

Free agent safety Kerry Rhodes was more or less outed by Media Takeout during the offseason (the pictures that MTO posted of him with another man appear to have been scrubbed from the site). He still hasn't found a job. This is f***ed up, because Kerry Rhodes is good. In fact, by many metrics, he's very good.

Rhodes picked off four passes last season (two of them came against the Jets, but still!) and was part of the fifth-best pass defense in the NFL. Pro Football Focus had him ranked as the fourth-best safety in all of football in 2012. Apart from the retired Ronde Barber, Rhodes is the only player in PFF's top 30 safeties from 2012 that doesn't currently have a job.

Interesting to say the least, I'm wondering why he doesn't have a job. Maybe the NFL hasn't moved as far as I thought...

Me neither but Kerry Rhodes rumors is the 2nd autofill when googling his name and the pics are questionable to say the least. He's only 31 and appears to have had (statistically at least) a good season last year.

yea, its still possible hes asking for too much, or refusing to be a backup, or play special teams, or a variety of other things that drew just posts as "obviously not the case" despite no indication its not actually the case.... but it seems there might be some smoke around this one, and theres a good chance theres fire.