Panthers fan analysis here

Happy Panther

Love the post but you Panther fans need to chill a bit about your D-line. Lotulelei is awesome, steal of the draft but there is no way that line is near the best in the league. Kuechly is an absolute stud and the D as a whole is definitely improving so I get the excitement but I think Seattle's offense is kind of overrated so we'll see.

Cam Newton is such an interesting and polarizing figure and its easy to see why. I personally love the guy and hope he succeeds but I could just as easily see him setting your franchise back 5-10 years as well as him winning a Super Bowl. He really needs someone else to throw to other than Steve Smith (another one of my favorite players).

With another solid draft and a new head coach I could definitely see Carolina being a force in 2014 and beyond. As far as this Sunday goe your score prediction is pretty spot on, I'd say the Bills win by kneeling after a last minute INT but that's probably more fandom than analysis haha.

I like Carolina's D a lot, but I am encouraged as a Bills fan that they weren't able to do much of anything on offense while Seattle was missing 3 starters on defense including 2 DEs and a CB. Their -line should have looked decent against back-ups. I am thinking it will be a fairly low-scoring game but again could see it going either way considering how many injuries the Bills have in the secondary. If Bills were full-strength I predict a win, but at current strength I am thinking 13-10 either way. FG city.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have difficulty understanding how a front 7 that starts Dwan Edwards and an unproven rookie could be close to best in the league?

I think the bigger matchup on Sunday is going to be Pettine's defense against a very banged up Carolina OL. Unless I'm mistaken they just lost another starter to a season ending knee injury.

I'd expect the Bills to spread it out against a very aggressive Carolina defense but I agree, I'd expect it to be a very close game.

I have difficulty understanding how a front 7 that starts Dwan Edwards and an unproven rookie could be close to best in the league?

I think the bigger matchup on Sunday is going to be Pettine's defense against a very banged up Carolina OL. Unless I'm mistaken they just lost another starter to a season ending knee injury.

I'd expect the Bills to spread it out against a very aggressive Carolina defense but I agree, I'd expect it to be a very close game.

In the All-22 thread the OP talked about the RG for Carolina really struggling in week 1, and it could be a nice opportunity for Dareus. Hope they can take advantage.

Good analysis from the OP. I think it will be a close game & my guess is that Carolina will find a way to win it at the end, or the Bills will find a way to lose it at the end. I have a bad feeling that the first half of the year the Bills are going to be on the wrong end of a ton of close games. They are a young team & it takes time for a young team to learn how to win those types of games.

Good analysis from the OP. I think it will be a close game & my guess is that Carolina will find a way to win it at the end, or the Bills will find a way to lose it at the end. I have a bad feeling that the first half of the year the Bills are going to be on the wrong end of a ton of close games. They are a young team & it takes time for a young team to learn how to win those types of games.

Both of these teams seem to find ways to lose, so it will be interesting which one can step up.

Dwan Edwards had a decent run since he left . and thats hardly the Panthers strength up front .

As Mark Vader mentioned , i have to respect the Carolina front seven and this test is harder than Patriots for Bills O and D.

Also i expect the Offensive play book to open up for Manuel a bit.

Thanks for the dialogue Panther fan !

Love the post but you Panther fans need to chill a bit about your D-line. Lotulelei is awesome, steal of the draft but there is no way that line is near the best in the league.

The reason I think we may be elite is that we started with a decent defense last year that was pretty hurt by injuries. We were ranked #10 in total defense. BEason is arguably our best player on defense and he is back and healthy. We added Star of course but didn't stop there.

With glaring holes on Offense and secondary we diced to use our 2nd round pick on ...a DT (Kawaan Short Purdue)? We have a potential DT starter as backup.

Then to keep the defense theme going we drafted a nice linebacker in the 4th (AJ Klein). Seemed like overkill at the time but we have looked stout on defense.

And to round things off in the 5th we drafted a running back with three starting caliber RBs on the roster.

While the drafts was strange it was really all about defense. Gettleman believes you load up on "hog-mollies" on the line and everything flows from there. We will find out.

But we added a ton of depth and talent to a pretty good defense already and our defensive leader is now healthy.

The reason I think we may be elite is that we started with a decent defense last year that was pretty hurt by injuries. We were ranked #10 in total defense. BEason is arguably our best player on defense and he is back and healthy. We added Star of course but didn't stop there.

With glaring holes on Offense and secondary we diced to use our 2nd round pick on ...a DT (Kawaan Short Purdue)? We have a potential DT starter as backup.

Then to keep the defense theme going we drafted a nice linebacker in the 4th (AJ Klein). Seemed like overkill at the time but we have looked stout on defense.

And to round things off in the 5th we drafted a running back with three starting caliber RBs on the roster.

While the drafts was strange it was really all about defense. Gettleman believes you load up on "hog-mollies" on the line and everything flows from there. We will find out.

But we added a ton of depth and talent to a pretty good defense already and our defensive leader is now healthy.

Luke Kuechly is a Beast. This is the guy Bills' Fans should hope Kiko evolves into or at least approaches the level the Kuechly is on.

Yeah or RG has an ACL tear and is gone. Chris Scott who played for the bills last year at some point is starting. We did OK with the O line Sunday as far as protection and penalties but struggled to get yards at times. Deangelo couldn't convert from 2nd and 2 with two run chances for example. Cam can scramble well enough to avoid rushes but if we can't run the ball it could be a long day.

Welcome to the original poster and thanks for being some Panther knowledge. I've spent a lot of time in Charlotte and didn't even know there were Panthers' fans. :nana: I kid, I kid.

The Panthers have some really good talent. I think your last GM was awful however. He had a weird obssession with rbs. Also, the lack of a #2 receiver besides Smith hurts them. And as a big fan of Cam, it would worry me that he has struggled to take the next step. Switching offenses this year isn't helping either.

IMO, this is 2 very even teams. I think the Bills pull it out at home but either result won't surprise me.

How best? Run directly at them? Wear them down with a fullback? Run screens to make them have to chase?

I'm in though.

Offensive Pace...

No matter how good you are, if you are having trouble breathing, it is going to seriously lessen your abilities...

If the Bills stay on the field enough, it will start to show especially late in the 3rd quarter and into the 4th quarter of games...

A few comments on our fans as our reputation has spread north i see.

Yeah we have some bad fans. Probably the biggest issue is that the "first generation" of fans all started with a different favorite team. Lot's of transplants here and they all call into sports radio and make it clear that "I'm a Dallas fan first Carolina second." That is fine. You route for the team you grew up with.

It also makes for a very soft stadium environment. Giant's fans invading? Don't care this isn't my first team. Whereas there is a desire to "protect the house" against other fans in other stadiums.

What also happened is there was a PSL frenzy when we opened the stadium and people from all over invested. Now, especially with 4 years of mediocrity, these fans can't be bothered to make a long trip every Sunday. Sounds like some of you can related in Buffalo. The one seat to my left is a guy 1 hour away and the 2 to my right are a guy in Virginia. They never come so sometimes the seats are empty and sometimes opposing fans. That hurts the atmosphere.

The result is it is easy for opposing fans to get cheap tickets and we don't fill the stadium (although we do technically sell out every game).

On the flip side the atmosphere is extremely family freindly so I never have qualms about bringing my young kids

Is your kid wearing a fake afro? Oh well. The South, I guess. :nana:

Nah it is this goofy knit hat he wears. But you are not the first to think that B-)

Panthers fan here. PSL owner goes to every game. Here are my thoughts. And a picture from Sunday

1208786_10200936184860239_1621954638_n.jpg

And good luck Sunday.

1) Our defensive front is legit. Like best in the NFL legit. If we had a stud secondary we might have the best defense in the league. We have an OK secondary with some potential. IF you guys light up our defense I might by a Bills hat.

2) Our offensive line was supposed to stink but they did just fine on Sunday. Very few penalties and very few sacks.

3) Despite this our offense was anemic. 125 yards passing from our star QB and 7 points. It was a combination of very sloppy execution, conservative play-calling and probably coaching overall.

4) Our last 4 seasons have started 0-3, 0-5, 2-8, and 1-6. The fan base here is completely tired of having nothing to root for after the first week in October.

5) We consistently find a way to lose close games. We were playoff caliber last year and probably this year but something is obviously missing. Lots of losses by a touchdown or less.

6) Our head coach and offensive coach are probably on the hot-seat already and need a good game.

7) We have a great new GM from the Giants and will see how that pans out.

8) We have quite a few Buffalo transplants on Charlotte for whatever reason. IF you want to chime in on buffalo wings click here:

http://www.carolinah...s-in-charlotte/

Be nice

Your fans have always been pretty good fans compared to some of the obnoxious ones so good luck.

I'll predict a 17-14 game one way or the other.

Welcome! The current spread seems to be Buffalo +3.5 which implies that bettors need a little incentive to bet on the Bills, even though the game is in Buffalo.

Majority of the ESPN talking heads seem to like the Bills. CBS ones are split pretty even with the spread, but like Carolina straight up.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Welcome to the board and thanks for the insight. Both are young teams. I can see the score being 7-6 at half and then each time finds a groove in the second. Our cookie cutter defense should allow Cam to run wild if he chooses, or pass the ball, or jumping jacks...we can't get to him regardless.

Wish you the best of luck on Sunday and thanks for the pic. Those girls are fantastic sir

Go Bills!