Oklahoma State Football Scandal

Lt. Dan's Revenge

This brewing Oklahoma State Cowboys football scandal is out of control. Players paid by the tackle. Boosters handing them hundreds, and in some cases, thousands of dollars. Organized sex for top recruits. Wide spread drug use. The list goes on and on. Much of it under Les Miles' watch. SI is doing a five-part investigation into it and the first part that came out today was a great read. Link is below. This could lead to a death penalty for a program that has been rising the last decade or so. Not to mention BIG trouble for Coach Miles.

http://sportsillustr.../?sct=hp_t1t_a1

Edited by Lt. Dan's Revenge

havent read this yet, but there have been several similar exposes in the past and read the preview on this one awhile back. not sure how this will follow les to lsu, besides having to answer questions. dont the sanctions normally stick to the school, not the individuals?

Edited by NoSaint

If you go on the premise that a university and its football program concealing serial child rape for several years is just about the worst thing imaginable, I assume OSU shouldn't do worse than lose a dozen scholarships and a few years of bowl games for those comparably minor transgressions.

The NCAA will never put a school on death penalty again after permanently killing SMU.

Like a lot of this does not happen at similar schools.

I was talking to a former friend, distant friend now, of Mario Williams at NC State. The personal messages he would get on Facebook... I saw some of them...women would throw themselves at him. His college time was before Facebook, but the stories about women doing anything they can to get in touch with him were amazing. Of the many players in college I have known, it is pretty much universal that all schools are like this. From Bowling Green and Toledo to Penn State and the Ohio State.

I was talking to a former friend, distant friend now, of Mario Williams at NC State. The personal messages he would get on Facebook... I saw some of them...women would throw themselves at him. His college time was before Facebook, but the stories about women doing anything they can to get in touch with him were amazing. Of the many players in college I have known, it is pretty much universal that all schools are like this. From Bowling Green and Toledo to Penn State and the Ohio State.

didnt tennessee and lane kiffen get an ugly article similar to this published about them? it was someone in the SEC around that time. all kinds of scandalous stuff about the girls that are organized to host tours for the prospects and what they do after hours with them as "part of the job?"

Edited by NoSaint

And Jason whitlock chimes in with news that the reporter is a HUGE oklahoma fan, and that he doesnt trust him to be honest.

Having worked with Thayer Evans at Fox Sports, having followed his work for some time, I am completely and utterly flabbergasted that a legitimate news outlet would allow Thayer Evans to be involved in some type of investigative piece on college football that tears down a program, and particularly one that tears down Oklahoma State when it is no secret what a huge, enormous, gigantic Oklahoma homer Thayer Evans is. This is just incredible. Knowing the lack of competence that’s there with Thayer Evans, knowing the level of simplemindedness that’s there with Thayer Evans, to base any part of the story on his reporting is mind-boggling.

When I learned Thayer Evans was involved, I just said, there’s no way I’ll read this because there’s no reason to trust this reporter on anything of any substance.

http://deadspin.com/espns-jason-whitlock-slams-author-of-sis-oklahoma-sta-1286553605

I got the same problem... I swore off Facebook. Mario should too, don't want to get jilted for another 3/4 million dollar ring!

:-P

Stuff like girls throwing themselves at star athletes happens at every school. Boosters, coaches and other school personnel facilitating huge cash payments for play, sex and other massive benefits to their players surely does not.

you really dont think most majors dont have similar programs going on in varying nature and scope? as i said above it mustve been 3 or 4 years ago that it was a major topic about tennessee, and some rumors and speculation at A LOT of programs about the hostess programs. cash has been found just about anywhere and everywhere and doesnt seem to be an isolated issue.

Edited by NoSaint

This brewing Oklahoma State Cowboys football scandal is out of control. Players paid by the tackle. Boosters handing them hundreds, and in some cases, thousands of dollars. Organized sex for top recruits. Wide spread drug use. The list goes on and on. Much of it under Les Miles' watch. SI is doing a five-part investigation into it and the first part that came out today was a great read. Link is below. This could lead to a death penalty for a program that has been rising the last decade or so. Not to mention BIG trouble for Coach Miles.

http://sportsillustr.../?sct=hp_t1t_a1

IIRC (read it somewhere else), the statute of limitations is 4 years.

If so, Les is in the clear.

you really dont think most majors dont have similar programs going on in varying nature and scope? as i said above it mustve been 3 or 4 years ago that it was a major topic about tennessee, and some rumors and speculation at A LOT of programs about the hostess programs. cash has been found just about anywhere and everywhere and doesnt seem to be an isolated issue.

"Kiffy" and the Tenn hostesses were more than just rumors. There were pictures of TN hostesses at recruits high school football games. That's a big no-no.

Stuff like girls throwing themselves at star athletes happens at every school. Boosters, coaches and other school personnel facilitating huge cash payments for play, sex and other massive benefits to their players surely does not.

I have personally known players at UToledo, Florida, Cornell, Michigan, Bowling Green, Ball State, Penn State (just after whats his name left), several D2 schools not worth mentioning, and even D3 schools. You'd be surprised that it goes down to the D3 schools. I went to a few tours of some D2 and D3 schools for football. One of them a private Christian school. Would you like to know what I was offered?... Lets just say, when the players took me out, they introduced me to the finest of girls...from the local high school.

The hostess piece is probably an issue at many schools. The decade-long pay-for-production system that is being alleged seems like a whole new ball game. Or perhaps I'm missing something...

The hostess piece is probably an issue at many schools. The decade-long pay-for-production system that is being alleged seems like a whole new ball game. Or perhaps I'm missing something...

The money issue is probably the less shocking (though more punishable) of the two. Whether it be cam, or Johnny football or USC or the Miami bounty program or a few pro players that have made comments or whatever is in chip Kelly's wake, or the North Carolina or.... There's a whole lot of dirty money floating around the programs. While how they find loopholes may change with time (and this isn't a current story) I don't doubt for a second that cash isn't changing hands at every ranked program.

It would take a lot of guys that passed through there to partake in that program to build it up, and then immediately abandon it when they get their next jobs? No way.

If mods are going to take active posts off the main boards to die here can we atleast get a couple of them to make an effort to help develop an active community here? Either by posting in this section, or linking it more prominently to the main board or something?

An nfl board without active college content is lacking a huge resource to improve its quality - better knowledge not just draft day but familiarity with guys around the league, upcoming trends etc.... Not to mention general pop sports culture news. Instead we move our interesting and relevant posts to a board most posters don't realize exist and the ones that do don't think there's been content for months.

If mods are going to take active posts off the main boards to die here can we atleast get a couple of them to make an effort to help develop an active community here? Either by posting in this section, or linking it more prominently to the main board or something?

An nfl board without active college content is lacking a huge resource to improve its quality - better knowledge not just draft day but familiarity with guys around the league, upcoming trends etc.... Not to mention general pop sports culture news. Instead we move our interesting and relevant posts to a board most posters don't realize exist and the ones that do don't think there's been content for months.

Good point. Tough for good threads/posts to live on boards other than TSW and OTW.

Someone could insert politics in to it...then get it moved to PPP. It could get fun there, too. I blame Bush.

Part of the issue is that the players were seeing plenty of bush....

I think major college sports should be recognized for what it is ... Corrupt business in which there is huge money.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.