An interesting stat about the penalties, and concern

Rubes

We all knew it in the preseason -- penalties by this team were horrible. I was hoping to look for improvement as the preseason wore on, but it just didn't happen. In the end, the Bills averaged 9.75 penalties per game, for 69.5 yards per game.

I was really hoping to see improvement with just the starters playing in the regular season. But again, it just didn't happen.

Yesterday, the Bills were flagged 10 times for 75 yards. Right on their preseason average.

The Bills were flagged on the very first snap of the game. I was hoping to see improvement as the game went on, but alas, it just didn't happen.

What on earth can they do to fix this? It sure doesn't seem like they've made an inch of progress since the preseason started.

They need their practice Refs to be REALLY stingy with their calls. And when a call happens the coaching staff needs to come up with a 'punishment' that the players really don't want to do. I'd say $$$, but that probably goes against the CBA.

Yeah I think you are right about the CBA. Too bad really. If they could fine for penalties and fumbles they would probably clean it up.

These flags were mostly BS Cheatriot penalties, not real penalties. The Bills 2 big pass plays (1st to Woods then F Jax) that were nullified by very iffy calls are classic Cheatriot methods. Those "holds" or "hands to the face" were nothing worth calling. The Pats were holding just as much if not more. The Pats were also scamming the refs by twitching on the O-Line, waiting for D-line movement, then having an O-line guy jump and point. It wasn't very balanced officiating, as expected.

two hands to the face penalties against on the bills--one that cost us about 35 yards.

zero holds against new england.

Unfortunately that has been the case for 13 years now, the patriots are allowed to hold bc it helps protects Tina Brady from getting hurt, which the NFL does not want to see happen.

Yeah I think you are right about the CBA. Too bad really. If they could fine for penalties and fumbles they would probably clean it up.

and then you could take those fines and use them to reward for big plays. like turnovers or momentum changing hits and stuff.

two hands to the face penalties against on the bills--one that cost us about 35 yards.

zero holds against new england.

The Bills really need to get the penalties under control. It is painful to watch.

Two obvious missed calls Mankins giving Kyle Williams a big hug and Mario Williams flushing Brady, gets his arm grabed by O lineman.

They need their practice Refs to be REALLY stingy with their calls. And when a call happens the coaching staff needs to come up with a 'punishment' that the players really don't want to do. I'd say $$$, but that probably goes against the CBA.

This is what clubhouse kangaroo courts are for.

and then you could take those fines and use them to reward for big plays. like turnovers or momentum changing hits and stuff.

Right but that would end up looking like a bounty program if paid for the momentum changing hits. That could get ugly. I agree though this scheme would be sweet.

There was one play when KW was about to run free to Brady but was straight up wrapped up and tackled from behind. Surely that's not legal, right?

Johnnies on the !@#$ing spot for Chandler's "block in the back" though.

Agreed. I believe it was one of the touchdown passes also they showed the reverse angle and KW was receiving a nice bear hug.

Right but that would end up looking like a bounty program if paid for the momentum changing hits. That could get ugly. I agree though this scheme would be sweet.

We could keep it secret, and maybe use some code words. The idea is without flaw,.