Three - 3 And Outs = Game Killer

Announcers were correct to point out one of the negatives of hurry up ... failed drives/3 and outs. There three in a row in the 4rth quarter. Sure fire way to lose a football game against Tom Brady and Gastkowski. I question play calling as well .. the pass (dropped by Stevie) at third and short? Why were all the run plays right up the middle? Where were the screens? You can't allow three 3 and outs when your ahead by a small amount against the Pats in the 4rth quarter. Not to mention penalties. This was a win-able game with better play calling, coaching, and clock management.

Edited by DallasBillsFan1

It's not like the seas magically parted only when Freddy got the a ball

It sort of was....at least to my eyes.

Seemed to me that the Pats were keying on Spiller.

Edited by Dibs

Even without hurry up that would have been a 3-out... So they make no sense.

Thank you!!. 3 and out is a 3 and out. If you huddle and throw 3 incomplete passes how fast is that? It's about getting first downs and we didn't do that enough.

Seems like Freddy should run up middle and Spiller to outside. Manuel seemed more like a pocket passer than a scrambler. He scrambled a handful of times at best but he mostly threw the ball.

That's what a QB is supposed to do!

Thank you!!. 3 and out is a 3 and out. If you huddle and throw 3 incomplete passes how fast is that? It's about getting first downs and we didn't do that enough.

That's what a QB is supposed to do!

I know ... My point was he is not the read option "mobile" QB is was made out to be by media. He's a pocket passer and that if GOOD.

Spiller's inability to find a seam was bs.

It's not like the seas magically parted only when Freddy got the a ball

he needs to be used in space. Not one !@#$ing sweep, no creativity! No play action, just bs!!

And if freddy was the key, then why the hell would he go away from him??!!

Spiller could have been used other ways. Its more than one way to skin a cat;-)

Poor 3rd-down conversions and Turnovers are the worst thing that can happen to an NFL offense. That why NE is awesome. Brady always converts in crunch time and they are + in turnovers it seems every year. We got 2 gigantic rare breaks today (Brady fumble and Ridley fumble for 6) and still lost. That hurts,.

Even without hurry up that would have been a 3-out... So they make no sense.

I believe the point he was trying to make was the time taken before the snap. As they pointed out, they snapped the ball with about 20 seconds left. So 9 plays at 20 seconds makes the game 3 minutes shorter. Very well could have made a difference.

And if we start splitting hairs, yes maybe it wasn't 20 seconds a play, but it does add up.

Poor 3rd-down conversions and Turnovers are the worst thing that can happen to an NFL offense. That why NE is awesome. Brady always converts in crunch time and they are + in turnovers it seems every year. We got 2 gigantic rare breaks today (Brady fumble and Ridley fumble for 6) and still lost. That hurts,.

Just about every close game we've played/lost vs them we've gotten our share of breaks - the insane Schobel int/TD, the Fletcher fumble/TD on the first play of the season, a McGee kickoff return...

Ridley fumble was obviously huge and kinda changed the game. The Brady fumble was on 4th down so who knows how big of a break that was. Considering we pretty much gave them their two TD's on fumbles I would call the breaks a wash this time (plus God forbid Amendola be out for the game with our 2 best DB's out). So if there's a silver lining it's that.

Edited by BuffOrange