Mike Pettine Is Brilliant, Hackett I am Concerned About

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling Hackett and Marrone will work things out. I also have a feeling the health of EJ was on everyone's mind.

When you think about the fact that besides EJ you have two other very questionable guys at back up, i think the play book reflected concern for keeping EJ healthy.

When the staff feels totally comfortable that EJ is healthy i believe we are going to see more read options and other plays that will allow EJ to show off his mobility in the pocket.

Pettine, in his first game did an excellent job. Considering the talent (or lack of) he had in the secondary. The Dline consistently had pressure and the secondary was very aggressive and in the right spots to make plays. So far very impressed. Just shows you how much of a bonehead Wonstache was. As for Hackett? NOt impressed at all. I couldn't help but wonder how things would look with Chan calling plays. Spiller is our biggest weapon but how do you constantly run him in the middle????? IN the same formation???? Stevie Johnson is our second biggest weapon. How many times was he targeted??? Slant passes to Stevie was our bread and butter for years, where did that go? The lack of formations, and creativity was baffling. I am really concerned about Hackett as well. It's only one game so I am not saying he should be canned or anything but that offense of game plan was putrid. Spiller does most of his damage outside the tackles. Freddie does most of his damage between the tackles.

• 3 weeks later...

The only reason this game was close was because of Mike Pettine. He is a brilliant D-Coordinator. Impeccable scheme.

Hackett was awful today. Predictable, conservative, not taking advantage of matchups and adapting that Jackson should have been focused after the 1st quarter.

Questionable headcoaching. We perhaps witnessed the worse challange in recent years. Taking into account the recent inepness, of Mularkey, Juaron, Williams. Even more clueless about time managment in the 4th quarter than these guys.

Unfortunetly I think Pettine will be poached from the Bills after this year or next.

2 games later and this post is still how I feel about things. I'm just about ready to give up on Hackett.

Funny, I don't see anybody saying that.

ho

There are gonna be growing pains - just hope that Hackett and Marrone will be able to see what we are all seeing and feeling from watching on TV.

Preemptive strike. TBD is me to those who hit the panic button rather quickly.