The QB Curve

Pneumonic

it's easy to see why so many QBs fail; so much information to process in a matter of moments. This also means we should draft a Solid QB every year until we get one that is good. Not drafting a QB because you just did is nonsense, we do it for every other position but, oh no lets not upset our QBs developement with another is outdated and needs to stop if we ever hope to get good.

We hope EJ is good But I don't want to pass on QBs like Bridgewater, Boyd or Manziel because we "have" one, and when one does become the guy the others can be traded for multiply draft picks, they are like draft gold and insurance that our team will be good.

Thanks for posting this. This is a really good article, worthy of a bookmark. It also contains quite a few links to sites that explain some of the more advanced areas of football strategy. Great for someone like myself who is trying to expand my knowledge of football.

For anyone interested, here is another link to an interesting article on the mindset of NFL players: http://www.theonion.com/articles/hannah-storm-on-what-shes-learned-from-interviewin,33706/

It's really amazing how complicated the position is, and like BB said it's easy to see why/how so many fail to become a solid startig QB, much less an elite QB. I can't even imagine trying to process so much information so quickly, with so much enormous, physically insane humanity coming at me with the one purpose of causing me severe bodily harm. No wonder so many QBs get happy feet.

Most relevant part to me was:

Often, we associate being great with being spectacular, but that's the secret about playing quarterback — great quarterbacks seek the banality of perfection. It's about avoiding the bad play, hitting the right receiver, making the right read, and throwing an accurate pass, every time.

With particular emphasis on the bolded parts.

Edited by Pneumonic